The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 5:34:36 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICANLAND: Community
 Bunkhouse Banter!
 Deep Freeze
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Just my two cents.. Topic Next Topic: Alasdair Fraser Is Coming . . .
Page: of 14

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 25 2003 :  12:27:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ann

I have three spare bedrooms in the house at present...residents of Mohicanland are welcome to come on down and share our wintry weather!

You may live to regret that offer, Lady Ann! LOL! I think there are about 10 or so people on the boards right now who would jump into their cars in an instant... if they could get through the snow drifts to find their cars!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Bea
Keeper of the Western Door

The Kiss 2
Canada

May 18 2002

Posted - February 25 2003 :  12:33:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Bea's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
:)Make that planes!!! :) Oh, I wish I could!!! Snow drifts?? Yes, we've got plenty of those...

Carpe Diem

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 25 2003 :  12:37:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lady Ann!!! So nice to get a smoke signal from you. But did you have to rub it in about the 80 degree weather?!
Gotta go, I'm packing so I can come to your house!
Steph

Lady Ann
Pioneer

USA

May 20 2002

Posted - February 25 2003 :  2:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stephanie, you are most welcome to come! The lounge is waiting on the deck and the water temperatures are in the 70s. No self-respecting Floridian goes in the water before Memorial Day, mind you, but it's there just the same for you Northern folk. Just drop me a line as to your intended arrival ...I need time to vacuum up the dog and cat hair....

Lady Ann

mohicanwarrior
Pioneer

indian warrior
USA

October 08 2002

Posted - February 25 2003 :  8:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Click to see mohicanwarrior's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well Wilderness Women, I Was the one probably wishing for the snow but I guess I have had to much of the snow... I thought that kids were supposed to love snow to but I guess having it over and over again without any snowdays makes the snow here get boaring. But I bet someday I will want snow everyday when I grow up. mohicanwarrior

Brenda
Pioneer

Wink
Canada

June 17 2002

Posted - February 25 2003 :  11:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
residents of Mohicanland are welcome to come on down and share our wintry weather!

I am digging out my car as we speak!!!

“They say that you're never as wise as when you're a child. We'll never think that clearly again.”
From Arlington Road (1999)

Cherie
Colonial Settler

Bug
USA

July 02 2002

Posted - February 26 2003 :  12:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lady Ann....I'm coming.....(if I can dig out of our 8th snow fall)

I wonder if it's ever snowed here in June...uuummmm the way were going.... Another 8 inches on its way.....

Support our Country, our President and our Troops

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 26 2003 :  12:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello all,
Sorry for those of you getting more snow. Our "wintry mix" has turned into mostly rain. Gray skies either way!!
I've been sitting here watching it rain and listening to the LOTM soundtrack, which makes me long for warm June days and soaking our tired feet in the stream at Chimney Rock Park and all the lush greenery here in Mohicanland in June. Looking out at these gray skies and bare trees, it's hard to imagine that this is the same beautiful area that we all love in other seasons. So, a warning: Anyone who complains of being hot at this year's Gathering will be whacked with Chingachook's blue tomahawk thingy at the top of the falls.
Well hang in there guys, was it Shelley who said "If winter comes, can spring be far behind?"
Steph

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - February 26 2003 :  3:25:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Whether it's the weather,music,or anything else...Anth finds a way to throw in,well,ya'll know what I mean.At least snow is clean.

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - March 03 2003 :  10:37:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
We were going to get a snow storm on Thursday but it missed us!! Anyway,believe it or not ,the deep freeze is back with wind chills well below zero right now.Oh spring,I'm waiting?

Cherie
Colonial Settler

Bug
USA

July 02 2002

Posted - March 03 2003 :  6:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well we didn't get that lucky.. We got hit with that storm, dumped another 8 inches on us. Kids have only been to school 3 days in the last 2 1/2 weeks. And it's cold out there tonight.

Support our Country, our President and our Troops

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - March 03 2003 :  9:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The good news is that Anchorage is supposed to go down to below zero this weekend, so it will probably warm up for you guys down there. I sure felt like spring today. We didn't even need a jacket outside. I do hope it snows before the deep cold sets in, or we'll be freezing pipes all over the place. (Just when I was beginning to get spring fever too!)
Chris

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - March 04 2003 :  07:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
All the years I have been living here,I cannot remember a time when it was 4 below zero in the first week of March.The only spring I feel is the one coming up through my mattress.

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - March 06 2003 :  08:06:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
We got lucky last Thursday and the snow storm missed us.Not too sure about this Thursday.We are expecting a half foot of snow.It goes on and on and on and........

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 06 2003 :  08:23:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by securemann

We are expecting a half foot of snow.It goes on and on and on and........

...just to make you unhappy, Securemann! LOL!!

We're supposed to get 2-4 here today. At least our great tall snowbanks that you can't see around have diminished a great deal. Seems strange to be able to see what's coming when backing out of the driveway!

Hang in there! Spring will come. Eventually.

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 06 2003 :  11:01:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
YOU THINK THAT'S BAD!!!!....I didn't get to take my pre-gathering gettin' into shape for lush green mountain climbing walk this morning because of a 71 degree warm thunderstorm at 6 AM.

Sorry guys - just had to rub it in. Too much of any kind of weather can be a drag. But good ole Nawth Cackalacky usually keeps us on our toes. Just wait a day or two - the weather will definitely change down here. In the spring and fall it may be 25 degrees one day, 77 the next! Mmmmmmm, life is good in the Old North State!!!!

WW, Scott, Jim, Anth...doesn't all this cold winter weather make ya want to make plans to head to NC in June. Little thing called a Great Mohican Gathering goin' on 'bout then!!!!! WARM glistening walks to WARM spraying waterfalls, sitting on WARM sun kissed rocks and cliffs, meandering along WARM mountain trails to reach WARM scenic vistas of "...the goodliest land"! Come on down y'all!!!

GG

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - March 06 2003 :  1:41:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh G.G.,you poor thing! 71 degrees and everything like that.I'm presently watching all this snow pile up.Seems like more than we expected.The wind is blowing along with ice and cold and accidents all over the place.I have a police scanner and it's squalking up a storm itself!

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - March 10 2003 :  07:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sunday morning a beautiful 30 degrees and went all the way up to 40!! Guess what? The deep freeze is back!!! It's zero again at this writing.What the heck is going on??

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 10 2003 :  08:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why Securemann... You should know the answer to that!

"What did you expect?? This is New Yawk!"

It's par for the course!

(For those of you non-New Yorkers, that is a direct quote from a television "I Love New York" ad campaign.)

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 11 2003 :  10:59:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I know my family back home in Indiana is still weathering the cold. Here in Arizona we're suffering with 85 degrees and sunny and oh darn, it may get up to 90 by the weekend......
caitlin

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Christina
Deerslayer

Vampire
USA

May 27 2002

Posted - March 11 2003 :  11:46:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christina's Homepage  Send Christina an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
After getting caught in an Ohio freak snowstorm two weeks ago and ending up laid over for a long time in the Pittsburgh airport, I can really sympathize with all of you guys still getting hit by the snowstorms. We FINALLY are having some temps in the 60s and sun peeking through here in South Carolina...but I'm not ready to believe that all the cold snaps are past us yet!!!
A piece of advice -- if ya have to have a long, weather-related lay over, do it at the Pittsburgh airport. They have a great "sky mall" to shop in and a TERRIFIC Irish bar...Guinness soothes the savage beast...

See this face? This is the face of a woman on the edge.
Whoopi Goldberg, "Jumping Jack Flash"

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - March 11 2003 :  8:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Morning temps are still zero here.We are expecting snow on Thursday.I know,I know,I complain too much.I HATE WINTER!!!

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 11 2003 :  10:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, if it's any consolation, I really do miss the season changes of Indiana. I mean, Arizona has it's own seasons, but not the same. Of course we can always go up to the mountains for snow, BUT I wouldn't and couldn't imagine all that you all are going through. And here I thought the blizzard in 78 was bad ..... My hats off to those in this storm and my best hopes for a speedy spring!
a former Bloomington, Indiana gal...
caitlin

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - March 13 2003 :  8:06:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well we got our snow and ice and car accidents all over.The temp is going down to the deep freeze level again tonight.Man,I love this stuff! By the way Rich,do you happen to have any psychotropic neuroleptic meds left over from the old days that you might have smuggled out? If so,kindly send some due north.

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - March 13 2003 :  8:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, we still don't have any snow, but the wind chill has gone down to -31 the last two days, and there is so much dust blowing around we can't see the mountains right next to town. We're breaking pipes all over the place, to say nothing of toppling trees, breaking windows, stripping shingles off roofs, and flipping small planes at the airport. It sounds like we'll have one more day of this, and then the wind will go down. The ambient temps at night are still around zero.
What is it they sing: When it's springtime in Alaska...
Page: of 14 Previous Topic: Just my two cents.. Topic Next Topic: Alasdair Fraser Is Coming . . .  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.45 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07