The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/7/2024 9:58:25 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICANLAND: Community
 Bunkhouse Banter!
 Deep Freeze
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Just my two cents.. Topic Next Topic: Alasdair Fraser Is Coming . . .
Page: of 14

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 08 2002

Posted - January 27 2003 :  8:57:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I beg your pardon Anth ole pal,I never liked Lost in Space and by the way,we would never think on hanging you(maybe burn yer at the stake)hey,look at the bright side,it will keep you warm.One of these days,one of these days,POW! right in the kisser! The mylanta did the trick.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Brenda
Pioneer

Wink
Canada

June 17 2002

Posted - January 27 2003 :  9:54:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wilderness Woman,

quote:
government temporarily ceded the maternity ward of the hospital to the Netherlands, so that the Princess could be born on the Netherlands' "soil,"

I didn't know that! How interesting, thanks!

Bea, no I haven't seen Princess Margriet, though I would like to! You mentioned that the royalty boards say she will be coming to Ottawa soon ... I would love to know when!

“They say that you're never as wise as when you're a child. We'll never think that clearly again.”
From Arlington Road (1999)

Bea
Keeper of the Western Door

The Kiss 2
Canada

May 18 2002

Posted - January 27 2003 :  10:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Bea's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Brenda, I will keep an eye on it! Since I am an avid royalty fan I follow the boards quite frequently.I remember seeing the Duchess of York up close in 87 and have a nice pic to prove it..:) My friend Anna, while visiting relatives in Friesland, was able to see Queen Beatrix twice..

Carpe Diem

Brenda
Pioneer

Wink
Canada

June 17 2002

Posted - January 27 2003 :  11:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great Bea! Thanks!

“They say that you're never as wise as when you're a child. We'll never think that clearly again.”
From Arlington Road (1999)

Bea
Keeper of the Western Door

The Kiss 2
Canada

May 18 2002

Posted - January 27 2003 :  11:29:16 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Bea's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I checked back and it look slike she may come next week. For the moment she doesn't seem to be too well apparently due to a bad back. i also checked out the Official Royal Website but didn't come up with anything as they mostly focus on the Queen and the Crown Princely couple..perhaps Ilse might know something??? Ilse, I did see that Maxima and Alexander are coming to Rotterdam..:)

Carpe Diem

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 28 2003 :  08:30:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bea

Brenda, I will keep an eye on it! Since I am an avid royalty fan I follow the boards quite frequently.I remember seeing the Duchess of York up close in 87 and have a nice pic to prove it..:) My friend Anna, while visiting relatives in Friesland, was able to see Queen Beatrix twice..

Bea and Brenda, Although I do not usually follow the doings of royalty too closely, I did take the opportunity to cross the St. Lawrence when Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip came to this part of the world in the fall of 1984. I felt it was the chance of a lifetime... and she was so close to where we lived in New York at that time.

They had come on the royal yacht up the St. Lawrence, and disembarked at some point, then motorcaded probably up to Ottawa. Anyway, they stopped at a War of 1812 era fort on the St. Lawrence, almost across from Ogdensburg. (Can't remember the name of it right now). There were, of course, hundreds of people there, and they had a wonderful ceremony inside the fort. We were close enough that we were able to see them get out of the car when they arrived and walk into the fort.

I remember watching her as she slowly moved along the walkway, smiling... waving to the people... taking her time... shaking hands and talking with the military guards who were lined up... she was so elegant and poised and seemed genuinely glad to be there and talking with the people. I was very impressed with her! What a lovely lady she has been!

It was fun, even though we were not able to be inside the fort for the ceremony. Someone there had brought a stout box along and he kindly allowed us to stand on it long enough to peer over the 5 ft wall, down into the sunken interior of the fort to see what was going on.

I'll never forget it!

Ilse
The Dutch Trader

Weerribben
Netherlands

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 28 2003 :  09:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ilse's Homepage  Send Ilse a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Ilse, I did see that Maxima and Alexander are coming to Rotterdam..:)

Uh oh, time to get out of town then

OH HAI!
Blessinz of teh Ceiling Cat be apwn yu, srsly.
http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - January 31 2003 :  07:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ah,30 degrees. Sunday about 38 and climbing.Love the heat wave.You can stay where you are Anth ole pal.lol.

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - January 31 2003 :  3:50:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I know we're not out of the woods yet,but I'm definitely enjoying the change anyway.One thing I hate,everything is melting and making a mess.Oh well,it will freeze back up.Pins and needles,needles and pins,a happy man is a man who grins.Ok Anth ole pal,were did that saying come from?

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - January 31 2003 :  9:41:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yer right old pal of mine, it was Ralphie boy who said it.Now for the $64,000 question,......... Hum a da Hum a da Hum a da.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 14 2003 :  3:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Securemann...? Are you still with us? Have you finally beaten down that nasty flu bug?? Sure hope you are feeling better!

In case you missed it, I thought you might enjoy knowing that it was minus 28 degrees F. at Saranac Lake, NY the other night. That's in the northern portion of the Adirondack Mountains, for those who don't know.

We had some really nasty wind the other day, here in Binghamton. In fact the schools all around us were closed to protect the kids from the wind chill factor, which was really brutal.

Happy Valentine's Day!

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - February 14 2003 :  7:26:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm feeling much better W.W. Thanks for asking.The deep freeze is back in all its fury.I don't know what to think anymore.I got real sick when it got mild around here and now I feel better but it's freezing again!Oh well,have A Happy Valentine's Day!

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - February 16 2003 :  10:38:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just when you think it couldn't get any colder,Pow! Now we wait for the snow.I do believe I hear Mungo Jerry's song playing in my head.

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 16 2003 :  11:03:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mann, I'm with you on Mungo Jerry. Today we're waiting on ice, not snow, and that's worse!

Hang in there, spring's coming!!!!

steph

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - February 16 2003 :  5:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Waiting no more!!!

Ice is here! Lainey's stuck out in Charlotte with most of the kids ... Sophia is stuck in Asheville with no visitors ... I'm stuck here with me 2 lads & the computer ...

I HATE THIS WINTER!

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - February 16 2003 :  7:30:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gee, I guess folks in my part of VA should count our blessings... we've just had to endure temps in the upper 30's and steady, sometimes heavy rain. We've also had some flooding in some of our low-lying areas, plus unusually high tides & some beach erosion. This all began Friday night & it's finally supposed to move out of here sometime tomorrow afternoon.

In the meantime, my husband & I have cooked up a dutch oven full of Hatteras-style clam chowder! Hey, Rich! Hey, Securemann! Y'all come on by for a bowl of chowder & warm up a bit!

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - February 16 2003 :  8:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
We are presently waiting for the worse storm of the year to bury us.Thanks for the clam chowder offer Diane.I will be cursing my brains out by morning because I HAD IT with this stinkin'winter!

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - February 17 2003 :  01:59:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just out of curiosity, Securemann, where do you live?

Cherie
Colonial Settler

Bug
USA

July 02 2002

Posted - February 17 2003 :  08:29:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here in Fredericksburg Va. We have gotten 9 inches of SLEET. I'm not sure I have ever seen that much sleet. We can't even shovel the driveway. Can you spell CABIN FEVER.

Support our Country, our President and our Troops

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - February 17 2003 :  10:42:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Chris,I live in Dutchess County,N.Y. I am presently watching all the snow pile up.

securemann
Deerslayer

offer of peace
USA

July 08 2002

Posted - February 17 2003 :  10:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Rich,Did Lainey make it back o.k.?

Scott Bubar
Colonial Militia

USA

May 17 2002

Posted - February 17 2003 :  2:50:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A chilly 77 °F / 25 °C on that beach today at 3:15 PM AST.

Unfortunately where I am we have well over a foot of the nasty stuff and it's supposed to go on 'til midnight.

I bailed out of work at 11 am this morning, and thought I was going to have to abandon my car, but made it thanks to an opportune plow coming along.

Have I mentioned that winter sucks?

~~Aim small, miss small.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 17 2003 :  3:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey guys!
Binghamton checkin' in here with about a foot of new snow... that's on top of plenty we still had on the ground... and it's still comin' down.

I just stepped out to let our little dog to do her thing. She stood on the front porch, looked up at me as if to say, "You honestly expect me to go out there and plant my derriere in THAT??" Then she turned around and walked back to the door. So I decided I'd best get out there with the snow shovel.

Everyone stay warm and safe! Scott, where in New England are you, if you don't mind saying?

WW

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - February 17 2003 :  5:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I guess the only thing we all can agree on is that no one is happy with this winter weather, no matter where we live. In Anchorage our snow is gone, except for the last of the berms, and the grass is green. The leaf buds are showing, and the bears are out already. Today we had just the lightest of snowflurries. However, my husband and I found our winter. I went up to Barrow for 5 days. The warmest it got was -4 and the coldest -27. That doesn't include a very strong wind factor. Earl found 4-5 feet of snow at our cabin south of Cantwell, so he and his buddies had a fun weekend snowmachining. I guess it's all in what you are used to.
Take care.

Lainey
TGAT

USA

May 18 2002

Administrator

Posted - February 18 2003 :  01:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Hey Rich,Did Lainey make it back o.k.?"

But of course! All's secure, man ...

You know they closed the LIE today? And Maryland is nearly a lock-down?
How'd Duchess Co make out? Remember the billion dollar studies & apocalyptic warnings on global warming? They LIED!!!!! :)

"Fides et Ratio"
Page: of 14 Previous Topic: Just my two cents.. Topic Next Topic: Alasdair Fraser Is Coming . . .  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.48 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07