The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/12/2024 3:25:45 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 The ONE True Hero ...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Why did Alice really jump? Topic Next Topic: Love or not love?  THAT, is the question!
Page: of 5

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 15 2010 :  2:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Ros!

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 15 2010 :  6:03:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There have been several folks wondering about you Ros! Good to "see" you old friend!!

Diana - Gadget Girl!

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 17 2010 :  9:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay everyone, it has been a long, long time since I posted on the board, but PLEASSEEEEEEE! The sxiest and most heroic is Magua, of course. I just HAD to jump in on this poll!
Ros, the Huron Harpie!

Ros,
We had no idea that you you were such a Magua fan. LOL
It really is good to see you posting. We haven't heard from you in such a long time!!! Maybe we will see you at the next Gathering?

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Sashacohen19
Pathfinder

Duncan
USA

August 21 2010

Posted - August 21 2010 :  09:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Sashacohen19 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would have to say Duncan because he made the ultimate decision that was--so, SO brave. He gave up his life, not only for Cora but for Hawkeye as well, as much as some might hate to say it, but he had a lot to live for, because Duncan was a handsome guy, so he could have with 100% certainty found someone else to spend his life with and be happy with, but he gave up his life because at that moment, he wanted to show Cora how much he loved her and that--THAT is heroic. how many guys do you know would give up their lives for a girl who rejected them AND plus, give up their lives for the guy the girl rejected him for?? lol. Duncan is the TRUE hero of this film because had he not done what he did, Hawkeye would be dead, Cora would be lost out of her mind with grief and Chingachook would have NO sons left and Cora wouldn't have anyone either...so see, Duncan saved this film and all of them :)

"In view of your indecision, you should rely on their judgment--and mine. Will you consider that? Please consider that?"--Major Heyward

Sashacohen19
Pathfinder

Duncan
USA

August 21 2010

Posted - August 21 2010 :  10:06:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Sashacohen19 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Further more, I'd like to add that a lot of people look at Hawkeye and Uncas as heroes because of their "looks". Sure Hawkeye and Uncas were handsome but come on--heroes?? if Hawkeye was so much a hero, he would have stayed there under that cave with Alice and Cora and fought back against Magua and his men (sure he might have been taken in and beaten and stuff) but still THAT'S heroic--staying there through thick and thin, in the fight...ok so they had no more powder for their guns, he could have sent Chingachook and Uncas for gun powder and HE could have stayed with Alice and the Major and Cora but he left them. Also how heroic IS Hawkeye to have another guy die for the woman he (Hawkeye) claims to "love"?? if Hawkeye really loved Cora, looks to me, he would have said "nah Duncan, Cora's my woman, and I'M dying for her." Yeah Duncan may have lied earlier, but it WAS done out of love for Cora. He thought if he had told the truth about what he saw, it would bring Hawkeye and Cora closer because Duncan knew Cora was finding Hawkeye attractive even before he got to the fort...and well, look at the film, Cora was standing right there watching the ENTIRE situation, watching Hawkeye with a bit of awe. lol but in the end, Duncan is the one who made one HELL of a great sacrifice. He gave up his "life"....to me he is a hero..ok I'm done, lol :)

"In view of your indecision, you should rely on their judgment--and mine. Will you consider that? Please consider that?"--Major Heyward

LadyofTheLake
Lost in the Wilderness

Alice

February 27 2012

Posted - February 27 2012 :  05:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I voted for Uncas becuase of his sacrifice for Alice...I find it so sad and heartbreaking! But on the 2nd place I put definitely Duncan, because he gaves his life to allow the woman he loves to live with another...what an unselfish person!
Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Why did Alice really jump? Topic Next Topic: Love or not love?  THAT, is the question!  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.23 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07