The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/11/2024 7:15:19 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 lotm trivia game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD
Page: of 25

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
December 18 2004

Posted - September 01 2007 :  12:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Because the ottowa didn't wear the type of moccassin in 1757 to make that foot print.

DANG IT! I did it again! Please tell me I'm wrong!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Hawkeye_Joe
Colonial Militia

USA

July 31 2003

Posted - September 01 2007 :  2:38:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well I guess that means that you have a question already worked out...

The reason those could not have been Ottawa moccasin tracks was that those where the tracks of the fabled "Winabago" tribe that rode around in huge square rolling teepees and wore flat soled slip on boat sneakers.

Seriously.....those tracks looked as though they had been made by a pair of cheap Walmart slip on boat sneakers with no tread on the sole.
Remember reading that since they went through so many pairs of real type mocs in the production that they started making fake ones by hot gluing leather tops to sneakers...well instead of making a track with a real moc they made one with a fake moc.

HAWK

"The scum of every nation gravitates to the frontier."
Benjamin Franklin 1750

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin 1759

The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."

"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - September 01 2007 :  7:56:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I should have known I'd turn out to be right on that!

Okay...question, question...

How many times does ES aka: UNCAS speak?

Hawkeye_Joe
Colonial Militia

USA

July 31 2003

Posted - September 01 2007 :  11:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
To the elk??

Oh Geez....

HAWK

"The scum of every nation gravitates to the frontier."
Benjamin Franklin 1750

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin 1759

The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."

"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - September 02 2007 :  08:13:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Assuming that his 3 comments in the Cameron's are considered "3 different times" and his 2 comments to Colonel Munro are considered "2 different times", I'm pretty sure he speaks just 10 times: 3 times in the Cameron's cabin, once on the George Road, once outside the Cameron's burned cabin, once entering the fort, twice to Colonel Monro, once to Hawkeye regarding the tight weave, and once to Alice under the falls.

(But his eyes speak many more times than that!)

He also gets to chuckle out loud a couple of times at Hawkeye's jokes and shout out in pain when being stabbed by Magua, but I guess he's not really speaking then.

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - September 02 2007 :  8:35:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Methinks you've observed Uncas a little closely, Winglo!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - September 03 2007 :  10:09:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well she's not the only one is she Red?.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - September 03 2007 :  10:36:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by winglo

Assuming that his 3 comments in the Cameron's are considered "3 different times" and his 2 comments to Colonel Munro are considered "2 different times", I'm pretty sure he speaks just 10 times: 3 times in the Cameron's cabin, once on the George Road, once outside the Cameron's burned cabin, once entering the fort, twice to Colonel Monro, once to Hawkeye regarding the tight weave, and once to Alice under the falls.

(But his eyes speak many more times than that!)

He also gets to chuckle out loud a couple of times at Hawkeye's jokes and shout out in pain when being stabbed by Magua, but I guess he's not really speaking then.

Works for me! I was curious about that for quite a while but get so hooked into the movie that I never bother to count.

OK Winglo! You're turn!

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - September 04 2007 :  1:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I won't deny it. ES got me hooked into watching the movie over and over. Face it, he's beautiful as Uncas. But then, the movie takes over and pretty soon you're into the whole thing: the history of 18th century America, reading Cooper's book, learning about rifles vs. muskets, joining websites and talking to other people about it. . .it's crazy!

Actually, I didn't count them either, until Light's question. But, I did do it by memory and didn't watch the movie again. Since everyone thinks I got it right, I am happy to say that my memory has impressed even me.

I have to think of a question. I was away at "the shore" for a few days, so I'll get back to this.

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - September 05 2007 :  4:43:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't know if this has been a question before, but let's try this. . .

At the British headquarters in Albany, what rank is the British officer who tells Jack Winthrop, "They will report or be pressed into service,"?

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - September 05 2007 :  5:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've been stumped! Now I have to go watch the movie...AGAIN! Oh, the agony!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - September 10 2007 :  7:54:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The rank of that annoying guy who talks about beig pressed into service?

Captain? I don't know. I just picked a rank and guessed. I haven't watched the movie--or ANY movie, for that matter--in a long, long time.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - September 15 2007 :  3:08:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just check the script. I know but I am not saying.

IG

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - September 15 2007 :  8:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sorry, Red. It's not Captain. But there aren't that many ranks of officers, so you'll get it if you keep guessing. Or you can make it easy and follow Irish's suggestion.

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - September 16 2007 :  8:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lieutenant *ugh you made me do it

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - September 17 2007 :  9:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's it! Didn't he look pretty old for just being a Lieutenant? It's just so hard to resist when you know the answer, isn't it? Anyway, you're up, LLOF.

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - September 17 2007 :  10:07:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
*runs off to find one that will stop this board forever*

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - September 17 2007 :  10:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ok lets see how long this one takes.

Hawkeye: Sorry to disappoint you.

What comes after that

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - September 18 2007 :  1:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I know, but until I can think of a good question I am not answering!

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - September 18 2007 :  2:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
lol.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - September 28 2007 :  10:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Still no takers Lady. I don't know the answer and even if I did...well you know how that goes. Perhaps you should ask another one in the hope someone will answer.

IG

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - September 29 2007 :  07:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Still no takers Lady. I don't know the answer

Irish, I know you'll remember this right away. . .This is what Hawkeye says to Cora when they are in the glade, after the fear of the French and Indians is over and after they have been talking about Hawkeye's heritage and how the stars are the Cameron's monument. Cora comments on how this is not what she expected when she was in Boston and Albany. Hawkeye says he's sorry to disappoint and then Cora says,

"On the contrary. It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could have been."

Oh, no! Now I have to come up with a question.

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - September 29 2007 :  9:31:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Finally. Yup winglo. That hot seat should be mighty warm.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 03 2007 :  11:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How funny we keep looking and posting in here and even worse we keep answering the questions!

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - October 20 2007 :  4:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Back to the top we go. Come on winglo

Page: of 25 Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.54 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07