The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/11/2024 5:26:05 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 lotm trivia game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD
Page: of 25

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
March 31 2007

Posted - April 07 2007 :  11:07:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
yes it was based on the 1936 movie and the book.

Ok your turn Irishgirl

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 09 2007 :  3:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why did Michael Mann decide to shoot the film in North Carolina instead of New York?

IG

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - April 09 2007 :  5:56:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So he could stay at the Geneva and eat at Louise's?

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

lonewolf
Colonial Settler

Lonewolf

February 12 2004

Posted - April 10 2007 :  7:36:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It was shot in North Carolina because there is no actor's union in North Carolina, which is why "The Patriot" was shot right down the road from me in South Carolina. No actor's union there, and both are "right to work" states. Not a great thing for young actors trying to break into film and earn a decent salary.

I wish that LOTM would gave been shot in New York state, where the foliage would have been more believable, and would have been the proper setting for the book. I was disappointed with Daniel Day Lewis' performance of Natty Bumpo. He is a fine actor, however, he simply did not fit the character in James Fennimore Cooper's book. I would have cast someone else in the role. My opinion only.

Ken Lonewolf

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - April 10 2007 :  10:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lonewolf

I was disappointed with Daniel Day Lewis' performance of Natty Bumpo. He is a fine actor, however, he simply did not fit the character in James Fennimore Cooper's book.

I like DDL as Michael Mann's Hawkeye, but I agree that he doesn't fit the character of Natty Bumppo as Cooper created him. There's DDL the romantic lead and there's Hawkeye the detached wilderness ascetic---and ne'er the twain shall meet, I think.

Just imagine what Mann's LOTM would have been like if it had followed the book, though. There would have been no Hawkeye-Cora romance, no Uncas-Alice romance, and Duncan would be the main (and only!) romantic lead. I wonder if LOTM-mania would've given rise to this website if that had been the case....

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 11 2007 :  09:16:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lonewolf

It was shot in North Carolina because there is no actor's union in North Carolina, which is why "The Patriot" was shot right down the road from me in South Carolina. No actor's union there, and both are "right to work" states. Not a great thing for young actors trying to break into film and earn a decent salary.

That was probably another reason lonewolf and a good one too but that was not the reason I found.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 11 2007 :  6:23:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So who's turn is it?

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 16 2007 :  10:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A: MM felt that the woods of North Carolina looked more like the old growth forests of the Adirondacks which still show evidence of logging during the late 19th and 20th centuries.

This is according to the IMDB trivia on The Last of the Mohicans (1992) version.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 19 2007 :  10:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ok Irish. You're turn to ask a question sooooo.....

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 20 2007 :  5:05:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay...........I'll be back soon.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - May 02 2007 :  7:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Soon? You call 20Apr - 2May soon?

Whew! Glad you didn't tell us otherwise!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - May 03 2007 :  09:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

Soon? You call 20Apr - 2May soon?

Whew! Glad you didn't tell us otherwise!

Smart@#$

You know my hubby just got back a short time ago and I have had other things to see to like getting re-aquainted as a family. Then there was my son's accident amongst other things so cut me some slack will ya????

I promise I will come up with a question ASAP.

IG

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - May 03 2007 :  11:16:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Who says "the whole world is set on fire" in the movie.

There, happy now Light?

IG

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - May 04 2007 :  6:43:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The should be Cora. Well atleast from what my memory is telling me.

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - May 04 2007 :  7:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You got it LLOF. You're in the hotseat now.

IG

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - May 05 2007 :  11:42:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
During the Parlay, who read the dispatch outloud?

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - May 09 2007 :  5:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You guys are allowed to use the internet you know that right.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - May 09 2007 :  10:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bougainville reads the dispatch. Can't believe I just did that.

IG

Pvt. Chauncey
Pioneer

Private Chauncey

October 05 2002

Posted - May 10 2007 :  06:56:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pvt. Chauncey's Homepage  Send Pvt. Chauncey an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, Bougainville read the dispatch, but in the movie we didn't hear the voice of the actor playing Bougainville. Whose voice did we hear reading the dispatch?

By the way, I know I'm jumping into this late but I have to say I am so glad Michael Mann modified the character of Chatty Natty in the book to the silent type in the movie. That Chatty Natty went on and on and on and on... JFC must have thought lonely people in the forest needed to talk more than other people.

quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Bougainville reads the dispatch. Can't believe I just did that.

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - May 10 2007 :  7:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Balls in your court Irish

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - May 12 2007 :  10:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What names does Magua call the Huron in the Village just before he leaves them after the Sachem has made his decision?

IG

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - May 13 2007 :  12:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Women, slaves, dogs

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - May 17 2007 :  2:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay LLOF. Ask your question.

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - May 21 2007 :  5:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Still here. Just trying to come up with a really good one.

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - May 21 2007 :  10:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yay! You're back, LLOF. I thought you had disappeared on us.
Page: of 25 Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.5 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07