The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/11/2024 3:30:14 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 lotm trivia game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD
Page: of 25

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
March 11 2006

Posted - March 16 2007 :  03:12:44 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They are sisters.. Cora being the elder sister.

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - March 16 2007 :  2:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by paazau

They are sisters.. Cora being the elder sister.

Yes they are and you're close but not right.

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 16 2007 :  3:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's because they are half-sisters.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - March 16 2007 :  3:13:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

That's because they are half-sisters.

Woo-Hoo!

Your turn, Irish!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 16 2007 :  6:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I resisted answering the question in the first place but for some odd reason had to be silly enough to reply when you told P she was wrong. Why, why, why did I do that. Now I have to think of a question. As Arnold would say "I'll Be Back".

IG

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 18 2007 :  11:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I do remember reading that somewhere now that i see the answer... I figured there was a tricky bit to the answer - that's why I decided not to just jump in with another question. Good luck IG! I'm sure you'll come up with something good.

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 28 2007 :  11:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay at long last another question.

Q. What did Eric Schweig say was the most difficult and trying scene for him to film and why?

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - March 28 2007 :  12:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The love scene with Alice because no matter how he tried she just wasn't me!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 28 2007 :  1:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nice try Light but just wishful thinking on your part.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - March 28 2007 :  2:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The truth hurts sometimes, Irish. The sooner you accept it the better. Still...if you want to deny it I won't stop you. I love being the envy of every girl!

( Anyone ready to barf yet?)

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - March 30 2007 :  07:49:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

No, but I bet some people would be if they read our rewrites! Obi...?

Now for the question. I seem to remember having read something about this before, so here's a guess: ES said that the hardest scene to film was the canoe scene. The boats were unsteady and everyone kept falling out.

Is that right?

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 31 2007 :  1:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sorry Red not correct. Try again, anyone?

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 02 2007 :  6:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

quote:

No, but I bet some people would be if they read our rewrites! Obi...?
Boy would they! At least it's fun, right Red? Getting all mythical and stuff! Irish is tough to write around that's fure sure! Couldn't get her to quit trying to kill me until I turned myself immortal. Oh well...as for the question - no clue!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - April 03 2007 :  9:28:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

At least it's fun, right Red?

You betcha! I really enjoyed trying to write around you mavens of mischief--meaning you and Irish, of course. You're both very tricky!

As for the question, here's another guess, with a little help from the Eric Schweig interview on this site (tee hee): the fort scenes! It was really hot and MM wanted to do a gazillion takes of every scene. (Though if ES thinks North Carolina is like a "sauna" in the summer, he ought to try central Texas, where it stays a cool, balmy 105 on a good day. )

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 04 2007 :  12:31:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

[quote] he ought to try central Texas, where it stays a cool, balmy 105 on a [i]good day. )

Or central MX where it feels cool in the higher elevations even at 110 degrees. Guaranteed to be red as a turnip the next day with a splash of sun-poinsoning.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 04 2007 :  10:20:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You got it Red so the ball is back in your court.

IG

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - April 04 2007 :  10:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Drat! I can't think of any movie questions, so I'll take some inspiration from Light and ask a question about the book.

Where is Duncan from in Cooper's Mohicans?

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 05 2007 :  3:49:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The gates of H@$$!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - April 06 2007 :  12:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

The gates of H@$$!

Wait . . . does this have something to do with our rewrites? Looking forward to adding more to the story as soon as I can get to a computer for more than 5 minutes, by the way. The hubby's on Spring Break right now and dominates our computer. He's addicted to an online game and plays for like 18 hours a day.

Oh, and the gates of H@$$ isn't quite right. Cooper's Duncan is actually a rather nice guy, even is he's annoyingly naive. He spends the whole book falling all over himself for Alice and trying (but not succeeding very well) to be as adept at wilderness survival skills as Hawkeye.

Anybody else? Where's he from?

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - April 06 2007 :  5:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
An American colonist from England he lived in the southern part of America.

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - April 07 2007 :  02:41:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ding ding! Correct, LLOF.

Duncan is "a young gentleman of vast riches, from one of the provinces far south." He is half-Scottish, and was, according to Col. Munro, "born at the south." (So if you want to be uber-technical he's actually American by birth.)

Your turn to make up a question!

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - April 07 2007 :  1:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ok. Now for me to try to get something out of this.

There are two sources that are named as being the bases for LOTM 1992 movie version (The one we ladies love so much). What are they?

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 07 2007 :  4:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll take a stab at it LLOF although if right I would have to ask a question and not easy to come up with ones that have not been answered before.

Was it the 1936 movie version with Randolph Scott as Hawkeye and Phillip Dunne's 1936 screenplay?

IG

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - April 07 2007 :  5:11:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well you got half of it.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 07 2007 :  5:30:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Was it Michael Mann reading the book way back when?

IG
Page: of 25 Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.52 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07