The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/11/2024 1:21:34 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 lotm trivia game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD
Page: of 25

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
December 18 2004

Posted - February 22 2007 :  09:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle
As far as the (slightly edited) question goes:
quote:
On the DVD release Montcalm meets with *Magua* in the woods and *Magua* spills the secrets of his past. What was Montcalm's immediate response?

My answer: a weird, slightly creepy look?

Thanks Red...you are going to make a great editor!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - February 22 2007 :  10:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon
Thanks Red...you are going to make a great editor!

Thanks, Light. I was an editorial assistant for two years, though I doubt I was great.

I worked on a journal and a volume of essays. Now I'm an obsessive grammar Nazi. It's a compulsion. I just can't help it.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 22 2007 :  9:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Compulsive or not I'm envious!
Use to be super smart with Grammar and now I average around a 10.0 to 12.0 Kincaid Reading Level.
Not bad I guess since I haven't had grammar since Junior High (HS didn't require it - sad)
College grammar was a real treat considering I had the professor with a natorious rep for being a stickler and a jerk! Everybody was scared of him! He thought I'd fail for sure and told me to drop the class but I insisted I could learn it if he would just take the time.
I went from an F to a B before the end of the semester.
So maybe some of it stuck with me. Still wish I could be smarter with it!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 25 2007 :  1:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Q. It is night and Hawkeye and Uncas are with Capt. Jack and other men in the Northeast Battery of Fort William Henry. What Order does Captain Jack give to one of his men?

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 25 2007 :  4:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Uncas! Take Light outside behind the wood shed! And don't forget the switch!
(ooh, yeah!)

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 25 2007 :  11:03:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You wish....

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 25 2007 :  11:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You wanna' come along, Irish?
Come on...the two of us can take it!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 26 2007 :  10:12:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

You wanna' come along, Irish?
Come on...the two of us can take it!

Oh I know I could take it behind the woodshed or anyplace elseJust answer the question friend

IG

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - February 27 2007 :  9:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Oh I know I could take it behind the woodshed or anyplace elseJust answer the question friend

Arrrgh. Flashback of 90's rock just hit me: "Behind the boathouse, I'll show you my dark secret." Toadies, I think. Anybody else know this one?

Now what was the question? Oh, right. "Captin Jack." Which is a Billy Joel song.

Sorry. Just rambling and apparently feeling musical. I don't have an answer! Maybe I'll have to annoy my hubby by watching the movie for the 379th time this year.

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - March 04 2007 :  10:35:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmmm...seeing as the "Captain Jack" question is still unanswered after a week, I guess that means you stumped us, IG. I have to admit I cheated a little and looked at the script , but here's the answer:

Jack says: "Get together by the West Battery James and Ian, Sharitarish and William." Always wondered what that third name was.

Now, how many earrings does Ching wear in his right ear? (This one's maybe too easy.)

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 04 2007 :  10:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

Hmmm...seeing as the "Captain Jack" question is still unanswered after a week, I guess that means you stumped us, IG. <snip>

Sorry IG I kept trying to find time to watch that part of the dvd again, but other things kept me busy.

Thanks for answering Red!

Hoho Red - tricky!!! I'm going to say 0. Chingy wears no earrings in his right ear.

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - March 05 2007 :  07:10:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Like I said, maybe that one was too easy. Or maybe you just can't be stumped by trick questions, Paazau. Your turn!

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 05 2007 :  7:53:33 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not really too easy, just able to be answered from the comfort of my workstation! I did actually start to try to count Chingy's earrings from various screenshots, then it dawned on me what ear I was looking at! V-e-e-e-e-r-y tricky Red.

Hmmmm, my turn now... Let me put on my thinking cap and see what I can come up with.

"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 06 2007 :  11:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ok, here we go...

The first three images in the theatrical trailer are taken from what scenes?

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 09 2007 :  11:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well let me take a stab at it. Here goes.

1. The Elk Hunt. Hawkeye shooting the deer
2. The Ambush. Duncan killing a Huron warrior
3. The Burial Ground. Cora talking to Hawkeye.

So many images on there so watched quite a few times but maybe those are right.

IG

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 12 2007 :  03:27:08 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
oooo so very close IG, but not completely right.

There's something before the Elk Hunt scene.....

1. ?????
2. The Elk Hunt. Hawkeye shooting the deer
3. The Ambush. Duncan killing a Huron warrior

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - March 12 2007 :  08:52:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Something before the Elk Hunt? Hmmm... Must not be arranged chronologically? I don't know because I haven't seen the trailer, so I'll take a totally random guess. Is it cannons firing at the fort, to establish the wartime setting?

As I said, I haven't seen the trailer. But I like hazarding random guesses, especially when I've nothing else to do!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 12 2007 :  09:25:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Red beat me to it. I too recall cannons firing at the beginning of the trailer so I assume that is the correct answer P.

You sure are good at guessing Red.

IG

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 13 2007 :  05:59:44 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No, the trailer is definitely NOT chronologically arranged!

Very good! You are correct Red! It's cannons firing at the fort.

Maybe you and IG should collaborate on a question seeings how IG got 2/3 of it right.

I eagerly await another stumper, whoever dreams it up.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 13 2007 :  09:26:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You have a stab at it Red. I am fresh out of questions anyway.

IG

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - March 14 2007 :  12:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was right? Well, shoot. I was hoping I wouldn't have to make up another question. But here goes. Maybe this one will be a bit more challenging than my last(?).

How many British troops die in the ambush on the George Road?

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 14 2007 :  09:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How about 18?

IG

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - March 14 2007 :  8:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Doh! You totally cheated on that one, IG. (Kidding!) Now it's your turn to make up a question.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 15 2007 :  09:17:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't call looking at the script cheating but that's what I did. Easier than putting in the movie and going to the scene and having to watch it again where Duncan tells the dear old Colonel.

Okay, in which version of LOTM did an actor by the name of Bob Kortman play Magua? Too easy Red right? You love those searches.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - March 15 2007 :  2:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ohh-Ohh I know!

1932 LOTM

Next Question:
In the 1826 Last of the Mohicans epic novel by James Fenimore Cooper Alice and Cora's relationship is what?

Page: of 25 Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.59 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07