The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/6/2024 7:29:31 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Screen Names
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: I Will Find You - lyrics Topic Next Topic: LOTM production polaroids
Page: of 7

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
October 13 2006

Posted - July 12 2007 :  1:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Little Lady of Fire

Wait no reason to put my in there ladies, unless you can get my neighbor in there with me.

Hmmm . . . now what did you mean by that? Have an extra special (read: "hot") neighbor you'd like to drag to the mudpit for some fun?
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Trailstalker
Pathfinder

Chingachgook
USA

July 09 2007

Posted - July 12 2007 :  1:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, as I've been a 'lurker' here for a bit and am big on NA/LOTM and want to get into F&I re-enactment, I picked this one...Kinda like the 'ring' to it...

"We will find a way, or make one."

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - July 16 2007 :  1:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

quote:
Originally posted by Little Lady of Fire

Wait no reason to put my in there ladies, unless you can get my neighbor in there with me.

Hmmm . . . now what did you mean by that? Have an extra special (read: "hot") neighbor you'd like to drag to the mudpit for some fun?

Shoot. I just got done burying Obi in the thing. Okay LLOF and Red, help me dig him up and let's start training!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - July 17 2007 :  08:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

Shoot. I just got done burying Obi in the thing. Okay LLOF and Red, help me dig him up and let's start training!

Yeeeee-haw!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - July 17 2007 :  12:13:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh yeah, LLOF! Don't forget to bring your "special (read: hot) neighbor" along.

Last of the dustbunnies
Pioneer

uncas in dark
USA

July 17 2007

Posted - July 17 2007 :  2:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I thought of last of the mohicans, and thought of something completely random to finish the end, dustbunnies, sooo....Last of the Dustbunnies, its epic

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - July 17 2007 :  5:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome, dustbunnies. You're even newer than I am! My name is taken from my favorite quote by Teddy Roosevelt:
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 17 2007 :  6:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by winglo

Welcome, dustbunnies. You're even newer than I am! My name is taken from my favorite quote by Teddy Roosevelt:
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

Excellent name there, Winglo! And that's one of my favorite quotes, from good ol' Teddy, one of my favorite presidents. I think he gave the same quote in different forms, maybe in different speeches.

Here's the version I have filed away:

TO THE MAN IN THE ARENA
It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly...who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

It's interesting to see the variations in this quote.

I don't want to be a poor spirit or cold or timid soul, living in a grey twilight. (or twilight zone!)

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 17 2007 :  7:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome to Last of the Dustbunnies and Winglo!

We become what we think about.

Trailstalker
Pathfinder

Chingachgook
USA

July 09 2007

Posted - July 17 2007 :  8:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by winglo

That's always been one of my favorite quotes..

"We will find a way, or make one."

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - July 17 2007 :  8:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Very creative Last of the Dustbunnies!! Too cute!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - July 18 2007 :  08:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I like both names. And Teddy Rosevelt is one of my favorite presidents as well. Abe Lincoln and George Washington are two others. Too bad we can't great men like these present day. Our country would be a whole different place.

Anyway, great screen names! Welcome to Mohicanland!

angicx
Pathfinder

Gothic Girl 2
USA

August 21 2007

Posted - August 22 2007 :  02:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit angicx's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
angicx is what I've always used for any and all online accounts... I stick with the same thing so I don't have to keep track of which one I have for what... it's bad enough with passwords, and even though I try and use the same pw too, some sites have different requirements, so it's not always easy to do. I keep it simple out of necessity, because what braincells I've managed to make it to 35 with, the baby (I'm expecting) is now sucking from me at a rapid pace!

If I had to choose only one fav scene, I guess it would be at Fort William Henry after Hawkeye finishes talking to Jack and the others about leaving to check on their families. The music starts playing as he begins walking through the camp obviously looking for someone, and walks right up to where Cora stands paused, watching him approach.... they gaze at each other for a moment and then he takes her hand and leads her off to where they wordlessly give into the passion that's been building between them...
...but the waterfall scene I described in a previous post (Alice/Uncas romance) between Uncas and Alice where they openly realize their feelings for each other and he braids her hair... man it's a toss-up. I think I like them both equally. I also really like where the three guys are running up the mountain after they jump from the falls in pursuit of the girls, with the music "I Will Find You" playing in the background... who am I kidding, I love it all (the burial ground and music!) so I'll just stop now

and just for fun...
my fav quotes
Hawkeye: My father's people say that at the birth of the sun and of his brother the moon, their mother died. So the sun gave to the earth her body, from which was to spring all life. And he drew forth from her breast the stars, and the stars he threw into the night sky to remind him of her soul. So there's the Cameron's monument. My folks' too, I guess.
Cora Munro: You are right, Mr. Poe. We do not understand what is happening here. And it's not as I imagined it would be, thinking of it in Boston and in London...
Hawkeye: Sorry to disappoint you.
Cora Munro: No, on the contrary. It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imagining could possibly have been.

Hawkeye: No, you submit, do you hear? You be strong, you survive... You stay alive, no matter what occurs! I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you.

Cora Munro: The whole world's on fire isn't it.

crap, I said I'd stop didn't I?

www.imdb.com/title/tt0104691/quotes

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 29 2007 :  09:39:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh GOOD! You found it! Well, let's revive it for other new members then!

Cherokee Girl
Pathfinder

Alice

July 20 2007

Posted - September 20 2007 :  8:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm Part Cherokee (Ani-Yun'wiya was the original name meaning "The Principal People." Cherokee is derived from and old Creek word Chelokee meaning "people of a different speech.") And obviously I am a girl. I'll join the creative club!Ha!

As for my favorite part of LOTM that is soooo hard but I would have to say the part where Hawkeye runs across the field to save Cora.

Very Funny, Scotty. Now Beam Up My Clothes.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 21 2007 :  1:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome to Mohicanland, Cherokee Girl!

Just try to tone down the Uncas-Loving, willya? It gets pretty thick in here sometimes!

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - September 22 2007 :  10:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome, Cherokee Girl!! Good to have ya on board, happy posting!! Oh by the way, you say anything you want about Uncas, no need to tone down the Uncas-loving! Express yourself all you want!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - September 25 2007 :  7:40:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome, Cherokee Girl! Happy Posting!

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

October 04 2007

Posted - October 08 2007 :  06:28:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mine is two names.
Kira and Chi
Chi is a Japanese name and Kira....I'm not sure.
I just thought they sounded good together

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2007 :  09:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, I was thinking of the city of Kirachi. Glad you cleared that up for me.

IG

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2007 :  09:16:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I thought that city's name was spelled "Karachi" -- isn't that the capital of our dear ally Pakistan?

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2007 :  09:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep I think you are right about the spelling Obi but it is pronounced the same.

IG

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

October 04 2007

Posted - October 08 2007 :  09:56:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's pronounced in two words, Kira Chi, so a little pause lol and the Chi is said with a hard C sound
I'm picky about my name

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2007 :  11:42:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

I thought that city's name was spelled "Karachi" -- isn't that the capital of our dear ally Pakistan?

The capital is not spelled or pronounced like that - the capital is Islamabad.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2007 :  11:49:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes the capital is Islamabad but Karachi is the largest city in Pakistan and is the provincial capital of the Sindh province apparently.

IG
Page: of 7 Previous Topic: I Will Find You - lyrics Topic Next Topic: LOTM production polaroids  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.64 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07