The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 11:33:44 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Dating Mohicans Poll
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Newbie here! Topic Next Topic: Alice
Page: of 3

susquesus
Mad Hermit of the North Woods

Susquesus
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
September 03 2003

Posted - January 18 2005 :  6:09:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Pretend that you had access to a machine that could pluck one person from Michael Manns vision of the Last of the Mohicans story from the past into the present. Given this machine, who would you bring into your world and go on a date with? For sake of this question -language would not be a barrier, the person would actually WANT to go on a date with you and you could go anywhere you wanted- unlimited date budget. Who would you choose, where would you go, what would you do? Keep in mind this person is from the mid eighteenth century, all the horseless carriages, thunderbirds, and speaking boxes(TV, radio, etc..) would be startling to your date. Doc M- be gentle.

Choices:

Hawkeye
Uncas
Chingachgook
Magua
Alice Munro
Cora Munro
Duncan Heyward
Colonel Munro
General Montcalm
Jack Winthrop
Huron Sachem
Soldier #2
General Webb
James Cameron
Alexandra Cameron

report to moderator

Doc M
Great Quack Healer of the Frontier

Wicked Unicorn
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - January 18 2005 :  6:28:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Be gentle, he says!!!!! What the h*ll wimpy kind of date would that
be, I'd like toknow!!!!!

Doc M
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - January 19 2005 :  12:25:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hummmmm . . . Only three are women, so that sort of narrows it down. Cora? Too hung up on the "stirring to my soul" stuff. Alice? Too young and innocent and all. That leaves Alexandra Cammeron. OK, she's not bad looking and been stuck on the frontier with a guy who ain't exactly Brad Pitt. So, maybe a trip to Lake Lure, lodgings at the Geneva, and a night at Margaritaville for some good ole 21st century redneck!

Ellie
Pioneer

mountain scene
United Kingdom

July 22 2002

Posted - January 19 2005 :  04:20:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I do so hate to be predictable, but again it would have to be Hawkeye. The man is just perfect in every way. As for where and what we would do... well... I reckon a day out in the woods catching dinner and then cosying up to a log fire in the evening to cook it would do - i'm a simple girl at heart so as long as there was me Hawkeye and wide open spaces who needs other distractions???

(Fitz Williams - brilliant answer)

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - January 19 2005 :  12:44:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hawkeye gets my vote, as well! As for the "date," I would start with meeting him behind the bastion at the Fort and sharing a passionate kiss, and then spending a night with him in a glade in the woods, gazing into a night sky filled with stars while he shared a story handed down to him by his father..."My father's people say that at the birth of the Sun and of his brother the Moon, their mother died; so the Sun gave to the Earth her body, from which was to spring all life. And he drew forth from her breast the stars. The stars he threw into the night sky to remind him of her soul..."

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle

Christina
Deerslayer

Vampire
USA

May 27 2002

Posted - January 19 2005 :  2:20:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christina's Homepage  Send Christina an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My vote, as always, would be Hawkeye. I would spirit him away to the cabin in the forest in Table Rock State Park (South Carolina) where we spend each Thanksgiving....we would light a fire in the fireplace...and then...
in interest of this being a family board, the rest of this post has been censored.

See this face? This is the face of a woman on the edge.
Whoopi Goldberg, "Jumping Jack Flash"

blueotter
Colonial Settler

BlueOtter
USA

September 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - January 19 2005 :  3:43:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit blueotter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would choose Montcalm... I thought about this at length, too! He is French. And there was something about the way he talked that was charming, even though I couldn't understand a word he said (maybe that is the charm!) The French know wine, romance and pleasure, and even though there is a bloodthirsty factor hidden amongst the charm, I think the date would be very interesting and one to write about in my journal. I think an officer's marquee, a well prepared meal and bottle of French wine (perhaps some Mohican music in the bckground) would be very nice. Of course I DO think that Hawkeye and Uncas are gorgeous, but I would have to share them with too many other women, don't you see?
Rose

Rose Dupre
AKA/Órelindë Tinehtelë
AKA/Polly Gamwich
Gordon's 60th Royal Americans
Detroit French Marines

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 19 2005 :  4:23:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rose,
Montcalm got my vote as well and I wondered who the other person was that voted for him. Yeah, he could just talk all night and I'd be happy listening to him. It wouldn't really matter what he said, it's HOW he says it!
Stephanie

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - January 19 2005 :  10:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Assuming Magua really DID want to go out with this 40ish blonde chick with a southern drawl, (unlikely!!!!) he gets my vote.

Montcalm is my second choice.

wlogwihlas
Pathfinder

Indian Party

September 25 2003

Posted - January 20 2005 :  11:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Send wlogwihlas a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cora gets my vote
I would take her to the Lake George Tactical and Share my one Blanket for warmth on a Frigid night.
Yeah......!!!
If not her, Alexandra would be fine.

hollow square...Now!!!
You probably are wondering why we are all gathered here today.
Look boys, we captured an "it".

Marg222
Pathfinder

eye of the storm
Netherlands

January 21 2004

Posted - January 21 2005 :  05:24:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg222's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would deffinitly choose Uncas. I would do things like... rafting, fishing, climbing etc. NICE!!

marg*

I do not call myself subject too much at all... -Hawkeye

rydergrl
Colonial Settler

Pisces
USA

November 03 2003

Posted - January 21 2005 :  06:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hawkeye gets my vote--I would think he'd be more adaptable to the "thunderbirds," "speaking boxes," and such.

What you give of yourself is priceless.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - January 22 2005 :  06:51:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Carter

Assuming Magua really DID want to go out with this 40ish blonde chick with a southern drawl, (unlikely!!!!) he gets my vote.

Montcalm is my second choice.

Based on seeing you in person, Carter, I'd say he'd take you up on it - 40ish or not!

As for a "date" ... well, this is fantasy, right? Cora ... hands down. A beautiful woman ... if her personality stinks, so be it ... one date in a fantasy ... No problem ...

Breakfast at Louise's ... dinner at Spirits on the River ... and all night at the old Bunkhouse! How Romantic! There you go ...

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - January 22 2005 :  1:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'd say I'd be too young for any of em'! lol

www.alamosentry.com

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - January 23 2005 :  1:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Based on seeing you in person, Carter, I'd say he'd take you up on it - 40ish or not!"

Why, thank you kind sir! Forget Magua! What are YOU doing Saturday night??? LOL! Don't tell me...you're going out with that brunette chick with the striped skirt!

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - January 23 2005 :  2:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oops! I realized I never answered the rest of the question. Assuming Rich is with that hussy Cora, Magua and I would enjoy a dinner of roasted game stretched out on rugs of animal fur, followed by a stroll to the lake to gaze at the stars and each other.

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - January 23 2005 :  6:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
...followed by a stroll to the lake...

Just watch your step when you go past the cliffs. Blonds have been known to lose their footing there when they were with Magua!

UncasLover13
Colonial Settler

USA

May 17 2004

Posted - January 24 2005 :  7:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow! I haven't been here for a while and I must say I really missed you guys! It's great to be back. I bet you're all wondering who I would take on date. lol! Uncas of course! I could really see us bonding and with time him really opening up to me and having a really sweet, romantic time! I would kill to go on a date with him!

--UL13

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - January 25 2005 :  5:23:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Just watch your step when you go past the cliffs. Blonds have been known to lose their footing there when they were with Magua!"

Nah, just the sweet young ones. I am neither.

susquesus
Mad Hermit of the North Woods

Susquesus
USA

September 03 2003

Posted - January 25 2005 :  11:07:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm the lone guy that voted for Alice here. It may just be that I find Jodhi May horribly attractive, but what the hey. She strikes me as the homebody type, that's me. If I'm not camping I'd most likely want to be at home with that special someone. I would cook her dinner and go for a walk down by the Mississippi river at Fort Snelling.

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - January 25 2005 :  11:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Hello Everyone

I will like to begin by saying hello to everyone. Since I became a member, I didn't have the chance to stop by and properly say hello.
Now to answer your question susquesus, whom will I like to go on a fantasy date with? hmmmm.....
This is a hard question, since most of the men in this movie are total studs! C'mon ladies you all must agree with me right?

Originally,I was going to pick Uncas. He's just so beautiful in this movie. I want his hair all over me. lol.....
Then after careful consideration, I was like whom am I kidding. I must choose Daniel Day-Lewis. Age is not a factor when it comes to my man DDL. The man is just perfect in every sense of the word.
Our date would take place in the wilderness, next to the camp fire. It would be night, and we would lay by each other and gaze at the moon and stars. He would tell me the most romantic stories I have ever heard.
Then, he would softly whisper in my ear to kiss him.
I would gently run my finger's through his hair, and softly caress his beautiful face. Then, passionately we lock into a never ending kiss. I would grant his every wish. I'll make sure that he'll never want to let me go.

~THE END~

PS I tried to keep it rated PG, as much as possible. Talk to everyone later....

~Silentthunder~

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - January 28 2005 :  5:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Whew! You should write romance novels!

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - January 28 2005 :  5:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hawkeye would be my second choice, but he has a sarcastic attitude like I do when he sees something he doesn't like, so I fear we would spend the whole evening smarting off to each other. LOL

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - January 28 2005 :  7:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lets see, you are a 40ish blonde chick with a southern drawl, neither sweet nor young, and possessed of a sarcastic attitude. Reads like a runaway add in the Pennsylvania Gazette.

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - January 29 2005 :  10:36:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ya'll have a lot of 40 year old runaways up there??? Probably coming down here where it's WARMER!!!! LOL

I only have a sarcastic attitude when faced with someone who has a real, pardon the expression, "bug up their a.." and Hawkeye just rubbed me the wrong way with what I perceived as arrogance. But I know that attitude turns some women on. I'm glad Cora helped him realize his mistake of prejudging people.

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - January 29 2005 :  11:38:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You know, when I compare the VHS versus the DVD version of LOTM, I find the elimination of Hawkeye's SA'ed answers a big disappointment. I really enjoyed them. Maybe it's because they were always directed at the British, and occasionally Cora. I wish there were a version with the complete VHS dialog and the DVD extra scenes.

I can't see Hawkeye talking that way to Alexandra Cammeron or Alice. It must have been something unfortunate about Cora. Although, he did end up with Cora, but since the other two were dead, it made her an excellent choice.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Newbie here! Topic Next Topic: Alice  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.59 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07