The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 1:24:24 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Dating Mohicans Poll
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Newbie here! Topic Next Topic: Alice
Page: of 3

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
December 15 2004

Posted - January 29 2005 :  6:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Which part in the movie was he being arrogant to Cora? I must be focusing to much on him to realize it. If you could let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. I wish I had the VHS to compare but I have looked all over and have not had any success in finding it.

Take Care Everyone..

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - January 29 2005 :  7:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Alexandra was already taken and Uncas had his eye on Alice so that left Cora. And when Cora said "It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imagining could have been" it was all over for Hawkeye. LOL It IS interesting to picture Hawkeye falling for Alice instead. Imagine a knife fight between Magua and Hawkeye!

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - January 29 2005 :  9:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Which part in the movie was he being arrogant to Cora?

I am thinking of the "breed apart and make no sense" which was deleted from the DVD (real shame!), and his PO'ed attitude toward her after the Cameron Cabin massacre (or victory as Okwaho would say). Get the VHS if you possibly can.

quote:
Alexandra was already taken

She could have run off with him to Can-tuck-ee. Maybe a knife fight between Hawkeye and John Cameron?

In previous film versions, Cora is in love with Duncan, not Hawkeye.

I said it once, and I will say it again, if I was heading west to Can-tuck-ee, I had rather it be with Alexandra than Cora.

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - January 30 2005 :  01:49:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Fitz Williams.. I'll continue to try to find where to buy the VHS version. I've been told many times that the VHS is better. I watch my DVD all the time, but feel like if i'm missing out since I don't have the VHS.

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - January 30 2005 :  01:59:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

lol.. Carter, you made me laugh when I read your comment.
Hmmmm, I don't know if I've got what it takes to write romance novels. Isn't it funny how sometimes the imagination works.

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - January 30 2005 :  03:12:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You can buy the VHS version of LOTM at www.moviesunlimited.com. It's well worth buying.
Chris

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 30 2005 :  10:23:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The VHS is also available through Amazon.com, and the price is $9.98 plus shipping. I recently ordered a copy, which has not arrived yet. You can go to the home page of this website, find an amazon.com icon and enter the site through that portal. Orders placed that way will give a few pennies to Rich to support this site.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - January 30 2005 :  12:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Silentthunder, I missed your question asking when Hawkeye was arrogant to Cora...must have been posting to the topic at about the same time. Fitz mentions the very situations I think of. Why not explain right then and there why it would not be wise to bury the Camerons? Another I think of is the answer to Duncan's thanking him for his help and the question, "How is it you are headed West?" Now granted Duncan's question was an ignorant one, but why the sarcastic, "Well we face north and real sudden like turn left".

DEVANHIE
Pathfinder

magua
USA

April 29 2003

Posted - January 30 2005 :  3:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Send DEVANHIE a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
SIYO ALL!
BEEN A WHILE SINCE I VISITED HERE AND FOUND THIS VERY INTERESTING!! I'LL HAVE TO AGREE WITH RICH, THAT THERE IS NO WAY MAGUA WOULD TURN DOWN CARTER!! SHE MIGHT EVEN "TAKE THE ANGER" OUT OF HIM A BIT,LOL AS A LOCAL BIRMINGAMIAN,CARTER'S GOT IT GOIN' ON!
NOW TO THE QUESTION AT HAND.......CORA FIRST(I HAVE A THING FOR BRUNETTES) AND THEN A CLOSE SECOND WOULD BE ALEXANDRA...
LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF YOU SOON!
DEL

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - January 30 2005 :  10:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Chris, Wilderness Woman, and Carter, for the info and links. I'll definitely order the VHS version through the web link to help Rich.
I didn't realize he was being sarcastic, until it was mentioned here. To be honest, he is very sarcastic toward Duncan and Cora. I must have missed his sarcasm, since I was too busy going goo-goo-ga-ga over that beautiful mean man. lol....

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - February 02 2005 :  10:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
HEYYYYY Del! Nice to hear from a fellow B'Hamian on the board! As for looks, all I can say is Look Who's talking, right ladies! And I'd be happy to heal Magua's heart, pity I couldn't do it BEFORE Massacre valley!

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - February 02 2005 :  10:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't feel bad Silentthunder. I am willing to overlook a few dead bodies to go out with Magua!!! LOL "Ladies love outlaws" as the Waylon Jennings song goes.

Lurking Huron2313
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - February 12 2005 :  04:44:35 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Carter

Don't feel bad Silentthunder. I am willing to overlook a few dead bodies to go out with Magua!!! LOL "Ladies love outlaws" as the Waylon Jennings song goes.

lol Carter, you crack me up. I bet you would overlook a few dead bodies & maybe even help Magua get rid of some. Hey, I must admit that if I had the chance to go out with Hawkeye, you best believe that I would put up with his sarcasm.

I can imagine how much would we endure just to be with these wonderful men huh? The possibilities are endless....

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - February 12 2005 :  04:58:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

SORRY CARTER, I FORGOT TO SIGN IN BEFORE AND MY REPLY WAS SUBMITTED AS "Lurking Huron 2313". IT'S ALMOST 5:00AM HERE SO MY BRAIN ISN'T FULLY FUNCTIONING..

quote:
Originally posted by Lurking Huron2313

[quote]Originally posted by Carter

lol Carter, you crack me up. I bet you would overlook a few dead bodies & maybe even help Magua get rid of some. Hey, I must admit that if I had the chance to go out with Hawkeye, you best believe that I would put up with his sarcasm.

I can imagine with how much would we endure just to be with these wonderful men huh? The possibilities are endless....

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

Lurking Huron3066
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - March 10 2005 :  8:23:11 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I vote for Magua. Definitely. It would trip to the mountains. And in the end... well... His body is worthy of sin, don't you think?

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - March 12 2005 :  4:09:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My, my, my, this is a busy topic! I chose Uncas, cause let's face it like everyone else I think he's a goregous man! I'd take him quadding in the canyons out west. Go horseback riding through some woods and then run them free over an open prarie. We'd ride a motorcycle to go eat dinner at a steak house. Afterward we'd go to the top of the largest mountain and watch the stars appear by the thousands!

DEVANHIE
Pathfinder

magua
USA

April 29 2003

Posted - March 19 2005 :  11:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Send DEVANHIE a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
HEY ALL!
THANKS FOR THE WARM RESPONSE ,CARTER! WHAT ABOUT WES' NEW MOVIE "NEW WORLD" ?????? I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! AND YOUR WEBSITE IS GREAT! WES IS A "HERO" OF MINE DUE TO HIS WORK IN NATIVE COMMUNITIES AND HIS INCREDIBLE TALENT! NOT TO FORGET HE IS CHEROKEE LIKE ME!!
I'M TRYING TO SLOW DOWN A BIT AND SPEND MORE TIME HERE.....LOL

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - March 20 2005 :  3:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would definitely snatch up Uncas. I would start a date with us going to a Pow Wow (kinda make him feel at home) then we would retreat to the closest thing to a Wilderness that we could find. We would pick a very secluded place and build a fire. We would bath in the river like the tribes use to do and then warm up by our toasty fire. I would lay my head in his lap while he ran his fingers through my damp hair. He would tell me stories of his people and his way of life. After all was said and done I would flip the switch on our little machine and go back to his time period and be his squaw.

puddykat
Lost in the Wilderness

Alice

March 22 2005

Posted - March 24 2005 :  5:48:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Marg222

I would deffinitly choose Uncas. I would do things like... rafting, fishing, climbing etc. NICE!!

marg*

you would do all that? i was just thinking about dragging him behind a tree and having my wicked way..but thats just me

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - March 24 2005 :  8:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
going behind a tree with a studly native american......hmmmm.....I like it I like it! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - March 25 2005 :  07:50:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I can imagine with how much would we endure just to be with these wonderful men huh? The possibilities are endless....

I hope I did the "quote" thingie correctly...

At any rate, Silent thunder, as much as I love Magua, I'd have to say, "Honey you made the mess, you clean it up!"

And I can't say I blame you for being willing to put up with a little sarcasm, as long as he kissed you they way he kissed Miss Munro! Ho baby!

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - March 25 2005 :  08:29:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
HEY ALL!
THANKS FOR THE WARM RESPONSE ,CARTER! WHAT ABOUT WES' NEW MOVIE "NEW WORLD" ?????? I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! AND YOUR WEBSITE IS GREAT! WES IS A "HERO" OF MINE DUE TO HIS WORK IN NATIVE COMMUNITIES AND HIS INCREDIBLE TALENT! NOT TO FORGET HE IS CHEROKEE LIKE ME!!
I'M TRYING TO SLOW DOWN A BIT AND SPEND MORE TIME HERE.....LOL

We are very excited about Wes' new movie. There is an official site now for "The New World" and Wes is part of the preview. I'll find the link and come back and post it. One critic who has already seen the first cut of the movie said Wes should be nominated for "Best Supporting Actor". Wes is being considered for two new movies now. Wish i could give details, but I can't. Glad you liked our site! We are in the process of building a new one that will prove to be the premier site for a Native American celebrity. When it is up and running, check it out to see if you agree!

Wes certainly deserves the title "hero"! Thank you for your kind words!
Carter

Lurking Huron6217
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - March 25 2005 :  5:18:38 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nah...Fritz, it was a case of the boy pulling the pigtails of the girl he really liked. I knew H and C would get together as soon as he started with her.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - March 28 2005 :  2:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fitz Williams

Hummmmm . . . Only three are women, so that sort of narrows it down. Cora? Too hung up on the "stirring to my soul" stuff. Alice? Too young and innocent and all. That leaves Alexandra Cammeron. OK, she's not bad looking and been stuck on the frontier with a guy who ain't exactly Brad Pitt. So, maybe a trip to Lake Lure, lodgings at the Geneva, and a night at Margaritaville for some good ole 21st century redneck!

I like it!

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

January 08 2005

Posted - May 29 2005 :  4:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My goodness this is a busy topic.
I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as Mr. Dillon1836, with the whole age thing and all, but if I had to pick one......
Hawkeye's gotta have my vote. We'd have a nice and quiet little date. No specific schedule. Maybe just talking about a little bit of everything over a picnic. Mmmm mmmm, that is one good lookin' man.....

"It is the unknown we fear when looking upon death and darkness, nothing more."
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Newbie here! Topic Next Topic: Alice  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.47 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07