The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 1:18:37 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Newbie here!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Downloadable LOTM soundtrack...? Topic Next Topic: Dating Mohicans Poll  

TBug
Pathfinder

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
August 16 2006

Posted - August 16 2006 :  09:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone! I hope this is the right place to do this? If not, then forgive me please, I'll get the hang of this board eventually.

I have loved this movie since it came out, and a friend (and fellow LOTM lover) recently sent me a link to this site. It's MAGNIFICENT!

I haven't looked through everything yet, but what I have seen is impressive! I am happy that I found this place
report to moderator

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 16 2006 :  09:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome aboard Tbug and happy browsing.

IG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

TBug
Pathfinder

USA

August 16 2006

Posted - August 16 2006 :  09:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you Ms. Irishgirl! Funny how things work out isn't it? The few posts that I have read and really enjoyed have been yours, for the simple reason that I am highly attracted to Uncas and just LOVE the picture of him you use for your avatar.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 16 2006 :  09:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why thank you Tbug. Always glad to have another Uncas lover join the masses. Lots of us on here to chat Uncas and all things Uncas-related with. Are you also a fan of Eric's or just Uncas?

IG

TBug
Pathfinder

USA

August 16 2006

Posted - August 16 2006 :  10:29:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, Uncas was the first time I'd ever seen Eric, but I am a fan of the man also. He is a fascinating man, not to mention gorgeous. I just love his hands!

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 16 2006 :  4:15:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome to Mohicanland! You're in good company!

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

TBug
Pathfinder

USA

August 16 2006

Posted - August 17 2006 :  11:37:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you Caitlin! I have read through some of the posts, and there are some wonderful views and really good discussions here. I'm trying to entice my friend (who gave me a link for this site) to register as well. She is as huge a fan as the rest of us!

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - August 18 2006 :  05:24:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welome aboard TBug ... Post away ... :-)

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 18 2006 :  12:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
TBug! Welcome home!
Please join us Uncas loving fans on the "Catching Uncas" topic! Lots of Laughs! Hope to c-ya there!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

TBug
Pathfinder

USA

August 16 2006

Posted - August 23 2006 :  3:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you Lady of Glencairn and Light of the Moon!

Catching Uncas? Gods, I'd LOVE too, LOL.

Batawana
Pioneer

The Kiss 2
USA

April 03 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 23 2006 :  9:30:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Tbug...my husband and I are old newbies..new this year because we made the gathering this year. Welcome!! I am an undying Hawkeye fan and anything DDL...But Eric(Uncas) would certainly do in a pinch. You will find an incredible group of people here...we did. Also anything and everything Mohican and tons of great info is found here...Well just to say Hello and now goodbye

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 24 2006 :  12:38:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Board. You will find yourself spending hours here.

We become what we think about.

TBug
Pathfinder

USA

August 16 2006

Posted - August 24 2006 :  10:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you for the warm welcome Batawana! I'm very happy to have found y'all. To quote someone in the Dating Mohican thread "I'll have to take a number and get in the Uncas line" but I'm happy to do just that! The character just drew me right in, but I'd take the man behimd the character as well, lol. It's seems a fair split between Hawkeye and Uncas. I don't understand the Magua fans though. He's quite hideous as far as I'm concerned.

TBug
Pathfinder

USA

August 16 2006

Posted - August 24 2006 :  10:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm finding out what you mean Dark Woods, as I am already spending whole chunks of time here, lol. Thanks for the welcome!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - September 28 2006 :  08:48:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't understand the Magua fans though. He's quite hideous as far as I'm concerned.

Whoa! That hurt!
I thought Magua wasn't all that bad lookin'. He looks very manly and tough. So what he's got a few scars, just shows his battle history. A man who is strong and can defend and protect. Sounds like my kind of guy. And his hairstyle was extremely accruate. Many men and tribes wore similar hairstyles. Loved the tatoos and gold arm band.

As for his demeanor can you blame the guy?

TBug
Pathfinder

USA

August 16 2006

Posted - October 02 2006 :  3:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

I don't understand the Magua fans though. He's quite hideous as far as I'm concerned.

Whoa! That hurt!
I thought Magua wasn't all that bad lookin'. He looks very manly and tough. So what he's got a few scars, just shows his battle history. A man who is strong and can defend and protect. Sounds like my kind of guy. And his hairstyle was extremely accruate. Many men and tribes wore similar hairstyles. Loved the tatoos and gold arm band.

As for his demeanor can you blame the guy?

Okay, let me clarify. Because Wes Studi is such a phenomenal actor, I find it easy to hate, fear, and pity him all at the same time. What he endured in his life made him the man he was. I'm not sayin' any different. But as far as finding the man actractive enough to lust after? Nope, I'm sorry. He's just not my cup of tea.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 03 2006 :  09:30:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah!

All in fun!

Previous Topic: Downloadable LOTM soundtrack...? Topic Next Topic: Dating Mohicans Poll  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.39 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07