The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/12/2024 7:22:48 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Why did Alice really jump?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: fanfiction password Topic Next Topic: The ONE True Hero ...
Page: of 8

Kyfrontiersman
Colonial Militia

Boonesborough photo

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 18 2004

Posted - February 03 2008 :  6:11:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyfrontiersman's Homepage  Send Kyfrontiersman an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Alright Joe!!!! I'm right glad Ye made it here my friend. Hey, how's the bow makin' goin'? One day i'll have to send you some pics of mine.

http://rumpingproductions.org/
"Kentucke, situated on the fertile banks of the great Ohio, rising
from obscurity to shine with splendor, equal to any other of the
stars of the American hemisphere." ...... John Filson
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

gema_again
Lost in the Wilderness

Hawkeye 3
USA

December 24 2007

Posted - February 03 2008 :  6:13:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie

The reason I thought she jumped was not given as an option in the poll, so I'll mention it here. I think she just snapped. I think from the cave scene on forward, it was just too much for her and she seemed to seperate herself from reality. At the beginning of the movie, she was completely unprepared for the 'adventcha' and just didn't have the strength and gusto that Cora had, and which was needed to survive in these circumstances. Even Cora hinted at her sister's fragile state of mind when she said of her father's death, "Say nothing to Alice."
Anyone else agree with the insanity plea?
Stephanie

Kin-tuc-ee

Kyfrontiersman
Colonial Militia

Boonesborough photo

November 18 2004

Posted - February 03 2008 :  6:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyfrontiersman's Homepage  Send Kyfrontiersman an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ooh, is that dangerous you drivin' 'n such? Or am I mistaken there M'Lady? Anyways, welcome agin. I sent Ye a message welcomin' Ye.
(ha) Sorry, gettin ready to do our Simon Betsy presentation at Friendship, Indiana for the Lore of the Laughery.
Kenton

Candle Snuffer
Pathfinder

Canadian Trader

November 14 2004

Posted - February 03 2008 :  6:18:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kyfrontiersman

Alright Joe!!!! I'm right glad Ye made it here my friend. Hey, how's the bow makin' goin'? One day i'll have to send you some pics of mine.

Always good to see and talk with you my friend! I'd enjoy seeing your bows. I'm still in a cold spell, but it looks as if it's going to start warming a bit and I can get back to the bow making.

Even as cold and windy as it was today I got out and shot the flinter a bit with one of my White River Brigade freinds. Cold, but lots of fun.

Anymore videos in the works?

Snuffer

gema_again
Lost in the Wilderness

Hawkeye 3
USA

December 24 2007

Posted - February 03 2008 :  6:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Neither were very strong or smart for getting themselves in such a mess in the first place. Could have been better, could have been worse. One was strong for living no matter how horrible the situation the other was strong by dying.

Kin-tuc-ee

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - February 03 2008 :  7:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Im back...I feel there are many different reasons and it is realy left to the audience to decide~every one has a different way of seeeing this scene,because yes it was a very intence scene for them both...had Alice decided to live what life would she of had..or may of had...to find answers its not realy easy...but i did write my veiws before...so i feel to only share mine hear again...when you think about it and put yourself into character..of Alice or Uncas..its quite a nerve racking situation to be in..but yes even the caves/she was frail...and Uncas held her tight for that security...and balance...but hey they should've kept the love scene in,we all know who the stars are of the film....when i did hear the cut of this scene i was very shocked.
But a very exceptional peice of work by all involved with the film.

Hi,im very much Interested in joining you all.I would love to know more about this venture.This would be my first time/so making new freinds in this community would be amazing.

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - February 03 2008 :  7:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thankyou Kyfrontiersman

I do have news if you all do not know this...at the bottom...about Alice/Jodi...

I have just seen your message and thankyou so much for the message.

I hope to see you online soon Having my coffee now!!!!

Its reay nice to talk about the film about what if's and what maybe's and it should've been....can not beleive its now how many years since the film was made...i know i was about 17 or 18 around that age i think...oh and just for news for you all if you did not know..Alice/Jodi...is from camden in london and has done stage work since/aswell as tv/film...she has just finshed shooting a film *Flashbacks of fool*

Hi,im very much Interested in joining you all.I would love to know more about this venture.This would be my first time/so making new freinds in this community would be amazing.

Candle Snuffer
Pathfinder

Canadian Trader

November 14 2004

Posted - February 03 2008 :  8:14:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Michelle,

I enjoy reading your posts. It's nice to hear when good movies make a lasting impression on the public, and LOTM was certainly one of the better movies of all time!

Snuffer

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - February 03 2008 :  8:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Hey..And oh definately Candle Snuffer..as im an actor i admire actors and films...but *The Last of Mohicacns* definately left an inpact on me..and my thoughts/desires dose make you think as a person!..in reality....a very well scripted film...its a shame they cut out certain parts....but yes a film i can watch everyday no problem....and i mentioned in one of emails it was actually on last night hear in the uk...on cable *Amazing*

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - February 03 2008 :  9:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
gema you threw me off there for a minute. For a long time I was the only one using the avatar so I was trying to remember when I made those posts. Welcome to Michelle and candle snuffer.

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - February 03 2008 :  9:45:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

HiLittle Lady of Fire

How are you....I have just managed to get my picture up on my main...page..now i need to learn the uploading on posts of pictures hear/i know its at the botton-click on paper clip.....seems quite complicated but im sure very straight forward... and will get the hang of it im sure...

:)

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - February 03 2008 :  9:55:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have posted a few. Mainly of Alan Rickman for the other ladies to drool over. . Warning watch out for Obi and KY and the mudpit. Irish and Red are the queens me and LOTM are the princess'. Still in training. *goes off to tackle the cut out of Obi into the mud.*

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - February 03 2008 :  10:17:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Well..Im more of a *ERIC SCHWEIG* to be honest/but he has changed if people know what i mean but you look at DANIEL DAY LEWIS/he looks great/..dose anyone in hear agree..!!! But i admire and respect Eric so much....not understnding th weight thing!!!

Please tell me who on hear has met Eric?

I do admire Danial and Eric ..but i feel Eric should've been awarded something for his passion and work...over the years.....and he has come so far....with all his heart and soul..like isay im not sure what i can disguess on hear but its definately far from anything negative ..as i have so much deep respect for th efilm and actors..Micheal Mann he worked the cast and made something so special for us to hold onto for the rest of our lives...

Hawkeye_Joe
Colonial Militia

USA

July 31 2003

Posted - February 03 2008 :  10:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why did Alice jump? She was a Patriots fan....

HAWK

"The scum of every nation gravitates to the frontier."
Benjamin Franklin 1750

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin 1759

The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."

"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - February 03 2008 :  10:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hawkeye be good. And I am a DDL fan. I saw him running through the woods at the beginning of the video in my Michigan History class and they had to remove me from my seat because I wanted to stay for all five of the classes in that room. They wouldn't let me. So I was the first one in class the next day. I almost screamed at the teacher when on the third day she said we weren't going to finish it. Needless to say, we finished it.

Kyfrontiersman
Colonial Militia

Boonesborough photo

November 18 2004

Posted - February 03 2008 :  11:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyfrontiersman's Homepage  Send Kyfrontiersman an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
'She was a Patriots fan....' LOL hysterically.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 04 2008 :  11:23:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome to the board Michelle and you asked who on here had actually met Eric. Well I know he was at the 1999 Gathering and Caitlin met him. If you look in her photo album there is a wonderful pic of her with Eric. I talked with her about it and she told me how she felt about meeting him. Go look at the pic and PM her and ask her to relate the story of their meeting to you. She would be happy to do so.

Eric has changed over the years...aged...happens to us all but he still looks good and lost weight recently. Not sure if he put it back on or not. His web site closed recently as well so not sure how or why that happened. Maybe you have some insight into that???

IG

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 04 2008 :  11:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I know you have been a member since 2004 (longer than me) but welcome Candle Snuffer. Hope to see you around more. By the way, very interesting name.

IG

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - February 04 2008 :  7:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thnakyou so much Irishgirl,much apreciated but who is Caitlin/How do i find her on hear....would love to talk to her...and apparently he has a myspace...but do not all rush lol take your time as he only set up in november...i had a loverly email from him-responcding to mine...and i think im not sure the official site of Erics closed down because of his relationship/as he was running it im not entirerly sure but apparently has a new i have her details also...he is connected up to me on both my profiles on the myspace.But he dose add only certain people/guess being very carefull...im trying to build a contact with him not easy as he has not answerd my emails since so im not sure why know he is busy...maybe some of you can help as i would love to get a petition for him going/if he only knew how much i would love to see him get an acheivement award he deserves it ...and get him to come to london to receive or even at the next gathering if i can get all of your support hear please.Be Much apreciated beleive me..please pm me..thankyou so much...

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 04 2008 :  7:44:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Michelle on the All Forums page you will see albums and just click on Caitlin's. You will find a nice pic of her and Eric in there.

Thanks for the info on why the site closed down. I figured something along those lines.

IG

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - February 04 2008 :  8:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thankyou Irishgirl,it is a loverly picture he looks loverly.Do you think he would come to the next gathering atal....so how many gatherings has there been...and how long are you doing them for and is it every other year or few years...please do advise as i know there is one comming up...which i would love to be appart of.And also,dose anyone know if the actors of the film take a peek in hear atal...this would be interesting.

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - February 04 2008 :  8:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh and yeh im sure his parnter ran the site/also what i heard had not been very nice to the fans...aswell but not sure what the other reason was...it must be very personal...anyway to Eric...so hope he is well and in good health.;)

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 05 2008 :  09:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Michelle click on "On the Trail...Home" at the top of this page and then on "Gatherings" scroll down and you can view all the Gatherings so far. I joined the board in Feb 2006 so I have not been to one as yet but I know they sound like a lot of fun and they have had Eric and Russell Means amongst others. Wouldn't it be fun to hear them speak and meet them? They have pics from past Gatherings as well so you will enjoy seeing all of those. I gather it is expensive to get a celeb to come to a Gathering so don't get your hopes up.

I doubt any of the actors ever actually have time to look in here and browse the boards. Aside from being too busy, a lot of them, Eric included, are not very computer savy and try to avoid the thing. Still who knows....maybe Magua could be lurking about.....I wish or even Eric.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 06 2008 :  10:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Little Lady of Fire

I have posted a few. Mainly of Alan Rickman for the other ladies to drool over. . Warning watch out for Obi and KY and the mudpit. Irish and Red are the queens me and LOTM are the princess'. Still in training. *goes off to tackle the cut out of Obi into the mud.*

Moi, a princess?
Take that, LLOF for mistaking my place in the pit! I am no mud princess, I am one of the queens, as Irish and I started the pit to begin with. As for Red...well, she's a scrappy little sweet pea (no offense, dear friend), she's the princess.

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 07 2008 :  3:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I saw her error but knew you would set the record straight upon your return You took care of it nicelywithout too much bloodshed.

IG
Page: of 8 Previous Topic: fanfiction password Topic Next Topic: The ONE True Hero ...  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.48 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07