The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/6/2024 3:24:15 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 looking for legging directions
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: native american representation Topic Next Topic: Magua vs. Uncas  

Lurking Huron2744
Anonymous Guest

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Posted - April 08 2003 :  7:58:36 PM  Reply with Quote
Hello There,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make leggings. I came across this board by way of doing a search on loincloth and leggings. I found the loincloth info very useful. (Thank You) I didnt know that women wore loincloths too. I also would like to make the top, which in my case would be closer to a dress...Any help and or direction would be appreciated. (I used your search for leggings and came up with one post, I dont think it was about leggings though)
report to moderator

Lady Ann
Pioneer

USA

May 20 2002

Posted - April 09 2003 :  08:17:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Eagles View Patterns carries patterns for leggings and loincloths in several styles, and patterns that can be adapted to make both Hawkeye's and Chingachgook's shirts. The patterns are available from numerous vendors on the web (Smoke and Fire and Jas. Townsend's, to name a few) or from most any good sutler at reenactments. The patterns are printed on sturdy paper, are very easy to read and contain instructions for working in either cloth or leather. Good luck!

Lady Ann
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - April 10 2003 :  5:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I didnt know that women wore loincloths too

There is no documentation for women wearing breech cloths. It doesn't mean that some woman somewhere didn't wear one, but there is no documentation that they did.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: native american representation Topic Next Topic: Magua vs. Uncas  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.28 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07