The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/6/2024 3:27:45 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 OFF THE BEATEN TRAIL
 Movies, Movies, More Movies! Any Movies!
 Gods and Generals
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: A & E Movie Alert! Topic Next Topic: The Devils Disciple
Page: of 3

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 17 2003 :  10:09:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich, I think... if I remember correctly... that you included your thoughts about the movie in a Weekly Update. I think.

As for the above photo, the gentleman looks like Steven Lang, sans Jackson beard and dark hair. Am I correct? As for the young lady... I have no idea. But is she a Mohicanlander? I know we have at least one Mohicanlander who reenacts Civil War.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - August 17 2003 :  10:16:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, if she wasn't in Gods and Generals, she shoulda been...looking good, Steph.

Theresa

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 18 2003 :  08:22:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow! OK, Miss Stephanie... I surely would like to hear this story! What? When? Why? How?... did you have the opportunity to meet Mr. Lang?

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 20 2003 :  2:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Rich I think your comments about the movie might have been in one of the weekly updates.
And yes, it's ME and Stephen Lang! Last September he spoke at the Sharpsburg reenactment. This was a promotional appearance and was a couple of months before the movie came out. We had been hearing so many stories from reenactors who were extras in the movie, so *anticipation* was running high. It was genuinely a pleasure to hear Mr. Lang speak... he is very articulate and an excellent speaker who held everyone's attention, even in almost unbearable heat. He was completely down to earth, wearing blue jeans and reading from notes scratched on yellow legal paper. He spoke about preparing for the role of Jackson and how it differed from other roles he has played (quite a stretch from Ike Clanton and Gen. Pickett!!!!). He had nothing but praise for the actress who played Jackson's wife and for many others who appeared in the movie.

After he spoke, the crowd removed to another area where Mr .Lang would sign autographs. He took time to speak to every single person, no one was rushed, and he made you feel like you were the only person there. If he tired of posing for pictures and answering questions, he never showed it, even though he had talked for a long time with no break in sweltering heat.
I got my cover of the movie "Tombstone" signed by him. That was on my birthday last year and I have to say that was the best birthday present I got! What a class act.... can't wait to see what he does next!
RIch thanks for posting the picture! Now you all have seen me without makeup! Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!
Stephanie
"Law don't go 'round here!"

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - August 20 2003 :  3:28:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Makeup? Makeup? You don't need no steeeenking makeup! Some women have a timeless beauty and are the better for the natural look.

How exciting for you meeting Mr. Lang so close to Gods and Generals, given your interest in The War of Seccesion, the 2nd American Revolution!! Nice pic of you too! Which side do you usually portray? Northern or Southern? I would guess, having fallen off the pumpkin truck some weeks ago and not just yesterday......you'd be SOUTHERN, correct? Given where you live, that you are a fine southern woman, and you have to live with your neighbors!! Oh PLEASE say you portray southern!

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - August 20 2003 :  3:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was, of COURSE, talking about MY falling off the pumpkin truck, not YOU in that last post. Never would I malign the Smurf!

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 20 2003 :  3:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How neat, Stephanie! Have you cut the sleeve off of your dress (where he touched it) so you can frame it?

You have just confirmed the impression I had formed about Steven Lang: that he is a very nice person, who has not let being an actor spoil him. I had read a couple of his interviews and my husband had seen him interviewed on TV... we are both very impressed with Mr. Lang. Any busy actor who would take the time to go and visit, and clean up around the grave of Gen. George Pickett whenever he was in the area... is OK in my book!

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 21 2003 :  6:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow that is cool about him visiting Pickett's grave! I didn't know that. I guess portraying Pickett gives one more sympathy for him than most people have. History has not been exactly kind to Pickett.
Awwwww Gnome! What sweet words! You know, I wonder if Gnomes and Smurfs are related! We could be cousins!
As a civilian reenactor, I don't necessarily portray one side or the other. The group I belong to, though, does both Union and Confederate impressions. It's fair that way... most folks like to play Confederate but they also need someone to shoot at, so many groups take turn being the bad guys, ... errr I mean Yankees.
Steph

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - August 22 2003 :  2:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Steph, ya never know! We could be cousins. Certainly the smurf and gnome are cousins. Got any Irwins or Irvins in your family tree? Rooks and those names are the southern side of the family in Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia and NC branches. Kilpatrick, Rapp, Thoma (Thomas) are the northern side of the family.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: A & E Movie Alert! Topic Next Topic: The Devils Disciple  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.36 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07