The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 9:25:30 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Romping in the Hay: About Uncas & Alice
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Costume Conundrum Topic Next Topic: new - wow training days for LOTM cast
Page: of 4

rydergrl
Colonial Settler

Pisces
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 03 2003

Posted - November 06 2003 :  11:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by chasis_22

Now that I have thought about it, I change my vote to a deleted scene. I always love snooping around the deleted scenes after I have watched a movie. With the Uncas and Alice thing as a deleted scene or extra you still get to see the entire movie the way Mann felt was best, and then you get to see the extra stuff and make your own opinion on the director's choice to not add those specific scenes.

Exactly! I think if the scene had been included in the movie, it may have taken something away from the main love interest, Cora and Hawkeye. I like just the hint of a love affair between Uncas and Alice. I must confess, that when I was a novice of LOTM, I did not catch it. I only became aware of "something" between them, during the third or fourth viewing. Of course then I had to go back and watch it again and again, seeing what other little tidbits I might have missed. Needless to say, there were many.

What you give of yourself is priceless.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

cuthron
Pathfinder

Huron
Finland

July 27 2005

Posted - October 30 2005 :  3:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I still wonder is there somewhere in safe the negatives of that scene and it s possible to get still one version of the film.

Harri

Lurking Huron7045
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - January 07 2006 :  4:56:55 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Someone said that between Alice and Uncas it went further than just "The Kiss" in the deleted scenes. But I didn't even see a kiss! What's going on?

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - January 07 2006 :  5:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The key word here is "deleted".

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - January 09 2006 :  12:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sidony

I agree with Wilderness Woman. Hawkeye and Cora are the central love story, and I think it should remain that way.

I have to agree with you both as well. Hawkeye and Cora's romance needs to be the center theme. But I am also on the flipside.
I voted YES - definately YES!
I love a good heart breaking moving! The scene where Alice jumps would have added that extra UMPH for all Uncas and Alice loving fans. What an emotional heart wrenching scene it would have been!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Lurking Huron4705
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - January 10 2006 :  7:33:12 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I voted yes because, i think if MM wrote it himself, he could fit it in there without it being a problem or standing out from the rest of the movie. However, i wouldnt have wanted the WHOLE thing, that kinda would stand out since that wouldnt really go with alice or uncas' personality, since they are both rather.... stand-offish, not in a bad way. basically the opposite of their siblings, but not any less important. I think it would have to be how they would really do it, to suit their personalities... which i'm sure is the way MM did it, so i think it would be great to see it.

Keira
Pathfinder

The Kiss 2

January 25 2006

Posted - January 26 2006 :  2:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I voted "as a deleted scenes extra". I would definetly like to see it, but it`s hard to say how well would it fit in the movie(without seeing the scene). I like how the relationship between Alice and Uncas is shown..

Yankee
Pathfinder

Uncas

January 12 2006

Posted - February 08 2006 :  1:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Definitely deleted scene. I would absolutely LOVE to see that!! Well, we can dream...

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 14 2006 :  1:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Definitely it should have been included in the movie. We all wondered why Uncas was running up the cliff to rescue this girl he barely said a word to. Other than the scene when he pulled her back from the waterfall and held her, there was not much interaction between them. It would have explained a lot and that look between them on the cliffside before he is killed by Magua. Even as a deleted scene on the Director's Cut would have been great.

IG

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - April 01 2007 :  8:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i say atleast as a deleted scene. don't think it would have gone right with the movie line, but hey we can try.

And then they could have made a juicier cora/hawkeye scene.....

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - April 01 2007 :  8:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just wait till Obi sees your reply, LLOF!

And, by the way, love your signature quote.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 02 2007 :  6:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello, LLOF! Welcome to the board! Ohhh, Obi! Where are youuuu?

Monet
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

April 07 2007

Posted - April 07 2007 :  4:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would take this scene any way I could get it! I will NEVER understand why it wasn't included on the extended version of LOTM that was released on dvd.

I seriously doubt that yet another version of LOTM will be released on dvd just to accomodate fans like me who want to see that particular deleted scene.

But maybe some kind soul will track it down in whatever film vault it is presently languishing in and post it YouTube! I would love them forever for that!

Yeah, I know I'm reaching here, but hey, it could happen right?

Right?

Anyone?

Memory is valuable for one thing, astonishing: it brings dreams back.
- Antonio Machado

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 07 2007 :  4:24:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm with you Monet, if we ever were going to get to see it, it should have been on the Director's Extended Edition DVD. When I bought that version last year I had hoped it would be on there only to be disappointed yet again. We just have to live with the thought that we will never get to see it. Maybe the scene was destroyed or lost forever.

IG

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 07 2007 :  4:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sorry Monet, I meant to say Welcome to the board. Happy posting.

IG

Monet
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

April 07 2007

Posted - April 07 2007 :  5:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

I'm with you Monet, if we ever were going to get to see it, it should have been on the Director's Extended Edition DVD. When I bought that version last year I had hoped it would be on there only to be disappointed yet again. We just have to live with the thought that we will never get to see it. Maybe the scene was destroyed or lost forever.

Thanks for the welcome! I still believe that Michael Mann has it stashed somewhere! Unless he destroyed it himself for some unfathomable reason.

But since MM probably cannot be persuaded to post it on YouTube for our viewing enjoyment, you are probably right that we just have to live with never seeing it. Damn.

Memory is valuable for one thing, astonishing: it brings dreams back.
- Antonio Machado

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 15 2007 :  3:37:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Monet

I would take this scene any way I could get it! I will NEVER understand why it wasn't included on the extended version of LOTM that was released on dvd.

I seriously doubt that yet another version of LOTM will be released on dvd just to accomodate fans like me who want to see that particular deleted scene.

But maybe some kind soul will track it down in whatever film vault it is presently languishing in and post it YouTube! I would love them forever for that!

Yeah, I know I'm reaching here, but hey, it could happen right?

Right?

Anyone?

We are with you all the way on this one!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 16 2007 :  11:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Maybe he keeps it in his bedroom for his own private viewing and enjoyment. It was just too good to share with the rest of us mere mortals. Hot stuff maybe.......well we all know Uncas is hot stuff at least...sigh

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 17 2007 :  2:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I hear "Breaking and Entering" is illegal but only if you get caught. Ya' up for a raid, Irish?

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 17 2007 :  2:47:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

I hear "Breaking and Entering" is illegal but only if you get caught. Ya' up for a raid, Irish?

Sure am especially for some hot footage of Uncas even if he is romping with that "child" Alice....heehee Only problem where does he live We'll figure it all out eventually so get the 'ole catsuit ready Light

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 18 2007 :  07:45:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Alright! Bring it on!

Kyfrontiersman
Colonial Militia

Boonesborough photo

November 18 2004

Posted - April 19 2007 :  10:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyfrontiersman's Homepage  Send Kyfrontiersman an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow, for a moment I thought this thread read, "Rumping in the Hay, About Uncas & Alice" (LOL)
Almost freaked out!!!!
Mike

http://rumpingproductions.org/
"Kentucke, situated on the fertile banks of the great Ohio, rising
from obscurity to shine with splendor, equal to any other of the
stars of the American hemisphere." ...... John Filson

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 20 2007 :  12:50:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Rumping the hay!?" I like it; it's bound to improve the subject matter of this thread!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 20 2007 :  5:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Obi, nothing wrong with the subject matter of this thread.........so there.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 20 2007 :  10:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah...a little hay "rumping" with Uncas would be great!

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Costume Conundrum Topic Next Topic: new - wow training days for LOTM cast  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.52 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07