The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 7:25:29 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 british version of DVD
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: You just never know... Topic Next Topic: Honors for Wes Studi  

Carla Paxton
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
December 27 2009

Posted - December 27 2009 :  6:23:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember reading some one saying that the Briitish version of the DVD was better and they said how to do it, I bought all version DVD player and I have the british version of DVD, but the player has this weird plug in???? two round poles??? HELP
report to moderator

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - December 28 2009 :  7:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You need a converter kit, similar to what you would purchase if you were going to travel in the UK and wanted to bring your own hairdryer. The correct converter will plug into the plug on your DVD player and then on the other end will have the correct plugs for using a US electrical socket. Check with a travel/luggage store or go on line. Most travel stores have this kind of thing.

Don't quote me on this, but it is my understanding that the British version of the movie is the one that was originally shown here in the US when it came out in theaters in the early 1990's. If you bought a US VHS tape you would be watching that version. (Of course it is not digital quality, like a DVD and VHS versions are no longer available in stores, but you can pick them up on ebay.) However, when DVD's came out, the only one ever released in the US was the Director's version, which had some scenes added and some scenes removed and is not the same as shown when the movie was first released in theaters.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Carla Paxton
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

December 27 2009

Posted - December 29 2009 :  6:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by winglo

You need a converter kit, similar to what you would purchase if you were going to travel in the UK and wanted to bring your own hairdryer. The correct converter will plug into the plug on your DVD player and then on the other end will have the correct plugs for using a US electrical socket. Check with a travel/luggage store or go on line. Most travel stores have this kind of thing.

Don't quote me on this, but it is my understanding that the British version of the movie is the one that was originally shown here in the US when it came out in theaters in the early 1990's. If you bought a US VHS tape you would be watching that version. (Of course it is not digital quality, like a DVD and VHS versions are no longer available in stores, but you can pick them up on ebay.) However, when DVD's came out, the only one ever released in the US was the Director's version, which had some scenes added and some scenes removed and is not the same as shown when the movie was first released in theaters.

I did buy the British version , I bought it on line from British website. I did buy a converter plug kit, Is that all I need? Just plug it into the 2 prongs and plug it in the wall? Too easy , Can't be?! Thanks for replying ,Carla

report to moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: You just never know... Topic Next Topic: Honors for Wes Studi  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.27 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07