The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 10:17:50 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Eric Schweig's Unexplainable [to me!] Mystique
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Of Pistols and Pockets Topic Next Topic: Nice all round LOTM fan-vid
Page: of 4

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 12 2008 :  11:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address
I mean, what is it with this guy? Seems always to be shrouded in protected secrecy, his web site can't stay up, he's out of shape [at least at the time of my last sighting], reclusive ...

Granted, he made a mighty fine Uncas and crafted some nicely-made masks & pendants. He has SOME talent. But a lifetime achievement award? Great actor? These accolades are tossed about - here, at least - as if he were a God, or, at the very least, the best actor this planet has ever witnessed. Not to mention, a sex-symbol.

Now, admittedly, I am male. And, I like females. So, obviously, I am probably missing something here. I'll fess up to that.

Here are some facts:

On this web site, his Mask Gallery is always among the top 10 most visited pages. Always. His interviews right up there, as well. When I check the search terms visitors use that lead them here, guess who is at, or near, the top? Eric Schweig. Often times, surpassing terms like, "The Last of the Mohicans". And, that is just the correct spelling. I'll see "Erik Schweig" and "Eric Sweig" and all sorts of misspellings. Add those in, and he's usually the number 1 search term. Not to mention phrases like "Eric Schweig Interviews" or "Eric & Gail" or "Is Eric Schweig Married [ ... or Gay ... fill in the blank!!], etc. etc. etc. As far as e-mail goes, questions about him are nearly the most frequently asked questions I receive here ...

I don't get it. I really don't. In my mind, he's just an average actor, at best ... nothing that great to look at, either.

Anyway, knowing I am probably opening a Pandora's Box, I ask you ...

What is it about this guy that seems to make him so very popular?????
report to moderator

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 12 2008 :  12:17:33 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've often wondered the same thing myself...
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 12 2008 :  4:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich,
I guess that I'm not the best one to answer this since I'm not really an Eric Schweig fan, but I think that most of the women that are fans of his kind of hang on to how he was when he portrayed Uncas. You know, young, good-looking, strong, and silent. Even as he has aged, to me, he still doesn't look bad, but I don't think that women would fall all over themselves to get to him if he had never been in any of the movies that he was in when he was younger. I think that if he had started his acting career today, there really wouldn't be anything that striking about him for anybody to do searches on him. Now, mind you, that is my own opinion!!!
Now, as him to being guarded and reclusive, well, he has probably encountered one too many adoring fans, so I could see why he would want his privacy. I don't know how any of the movie actors and actresses have any life between the fans and the paparazzi!!! That would make anyone want to do a Howard Hughes!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - July 12 2008 :  4:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Eric who???

you can keep "The Change"

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - July 12 2008 :  9:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well I believe I am a rarity among the younger ladies on here. I don't really see Eric as anything other than a handsome character. He is just too quiet in my opinion. *runs off to DDL land while dodging random, flying objects*

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 13 2008 :  06:38:15 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mediocre actor.
Fairly talented mask artist.
Too many life problems and vices.
Hasn't aged well.
Breathtakingly handsome... in his LOTM days.

Am I an Uncas Groupie? Do I long for his moccasins to be under my bed?

No. Most definitely not.

To each her own.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - July 13 2008 :  09:30:26 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree with what Wilderness Woman and Little Lady of Fire said on the subject.

As for me, I would much rather have Hawkeye bedding down in my lodge. He is, after all, Le LONGE Carbine...!!!

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 13 2008 :  10:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Definitely very handsome in his young days, now at 41, I agree he has not "aged too well" but that has a lot to do with his hard drinking and partying in his younger days. Others like Michael Greyeyes...yummy...have aged wonderfully and he is most definitely still very striking and handsome but he looks after himself and dances and keeps fit. I loved Eric as Uncas, perfect for the part and he is the big attraction for LOTM for a lot of us women, never tire of seeing his handsome mug. As far as acting goes, well not the greatest just average. All the "privacy" thing has always bugged me. Other more famous stars have privacy but we still know about them. He has taken privacy to a new level and distanced fans and turned them off. I used to check out his website but it was like having a background check done by the FBI in order to join so I never bothered. Found them to be a very "Over-protective" bunch over there and was not surprised when the site closed. The "liason" was too involved with Eric and would limit "free speech" on the site. Not talking about anything bad just normal talk if she did not like it or agree with the direction it was taking.

Well I still think he was one of the most handsome Indians ever in his younger days but he blew his career after his new found fame with LOTM. He could have used that fame and built on it but he chose his "privacy" and went into the land of "has beens". Very sad indeed and I really think he is "odd" in many ways. I could go on but will stop now. I think I have said enough.

IG

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 13 2008 :  10:46:24 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have noticed that, over the last 6-8 months or so, the Eric Schweig/Uncas name has appeared very infrequently (unlike 2007)...this is very sad...his life, I mean. When I originally watched the movie, I never really paid much attention to his character, since all the scenes were stolen by Studi, Day-Lewis, Means, and Stowe. It wasn't until I joined this forum that I saw the effect he had on so many people of the female persuasion.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 13 2008 :  11:47:34 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Most of the "Uncas fans" who drooled over him and posted in the past two years, no longer come to the board and post. Guess they have gotten over their little "crush". Others, like myself, still find Uncas irrestible but it is hard to "drool" over him in posts as was done in the past, when nobody else wants to. His life is sad and I wonder if he is even doing movies anymore. He gets stubborn and turns down parts other more gifted actors take. Very strange indeed. Anyone even know what he is up to? Of course "Mr Private" keeps all that stuff TOP SECRET.

IG

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - July 13 2008 :  6:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I do know that he recently received an honorary doctorate, so he's not sitting around trying to rest on his past. He seems to be very well respected by some people.

The Uncas character was quiet in the movie, allowing many to make his character and the actor into whatever they want. Many women seem to like the "strong, silent type", so maybe that is part of the attraction. In their imagination he can be whoever and whatever they want him to be. He was also very good-looking when LOTM was made, which always draws fans. The fact that he made the choices he made regarding his career and continues to keep his life very private probably adds to the mystique. He certainly overcame a very difficult childhood and early adulthood and the fact that he continues to move on and be what he wants speaks for itself, I think. His choices regarding his acting career indicate that he really didn't want fame, so I think he really doesn't care if any of us like him or not. I'm sure there are female actresses who men continue to find intriguing even though the career is quiet and behind the scenes. I just can't think of one because they do nothing for me when I see them on screen.

I would guess, Rich, that one of the reasons you get so many hits for Eric is because there isn't much out there about him and when someone is looking for info, this is one of the few places where they can find out anything about him--even if much of it is from the 1990's.

Kaya
Pioneer

January 21 2004

Posted - July 13 2008 :  7:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here's Eric's myspace page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=273528588

I was one of those who left this board but it was because of this same topic. Some of us weren't too crazy about Eric's official and the way it was run and said so. It seemed when Liaison got on here some took her side. Eric's no longer in connected with her but his new rep is Michelle Shining Elk who will do a great job for him.

Just my two cents.

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - July 13 2008 :  8:09:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Thankyou Kaya,

Been connected to him for awhile now....on the myspace/ aswell as his agent-representative,Eric is very private and i fully support this.As i am also very private with the work i do in the uk.

I did not post on here his myspace,because obviously with his privacy he is happy with the official contacts and few close freinds he has on board...he has not add one of my official freinds-who dose work for Michael Madsen-American Actor...but added my other official contacts ....up to Eric who he feels to add,guess im lucky/honoured he added me and replyed to my emails........great guy-seems open minded with his own thoughts...but answers when he feels he is ready i guess and needs to answer-but hey he is still out there doing great things for his people- and his amazing Mask work-especally receiving the honorary doctorate- he was very happy about.And my full respects go out to him and all hs work with determimation.

Michelle

Hi,im very much Interested in joining you all.I would love to know more about this venture.This would be my first time/so making new freinds in this community would be amazing.

Kaya
Pioneer

January 21 2004

Posted - July 13 2008 :  8:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Michelle!! Thanks for your reply but I don't think I totally agree with you about Eric's "privacy." His myspace page is very public and he's not afraid to tell it as is is. I think this privacy thing is something his Liaison made up to protect him and to make Eric into something he's not. I wasn't surprised at all when he finally yanked his pathetic official, it was too sad and made Eric look dumb.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 13 2008 :  10:50:08 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey guys you need to tell Eric to update his age. He is 41 right born in 1967? I know because he is a couple of months older than my husband. An here I thought it was just us ladies who like to knock off a year or two.

IG

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - July 13 2008 :  11:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Hello Kaya,

Apreciate your email-but i can assure you when it comes to his private life....he is personal,like i said....i am in contact with his agent remember-pluss...also i work around profesional/official people like him/ myself and many many many others-in music and acting/film-and privacy is a very important factor believe me,as i receive press kits-private info and stuff from bands and actors info..being an actor myself and a singer/song writer/Artist-life drawing my privacy is important very much....anybody private life should be private.

I will say no-more-as i know this business too well-obvioulsy if you are famous-in this business....there are contacts -who can find out info-which is very sad....nothing better to do with there lives-but know its a living -being a paparazi....sad job if you ask me after Lady Diana's Death....our princess-but alot of miss understood stories i have to say.

Take Care Kaya

Hi,im very much Interested in joining you all.I would love to know more about this venture.This would be my first time/so making new freinds in this community would be amazing.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - July 14 2008 :  4:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have to agree with michelle. secrecy and privacy is a hard thing to keep when you're a celeb and Eric has done incredible keeping it in check. I had seen where some celebs (like Brittney Spears) weren't as hush, hush about their lives and look at the mess everyone made of her. Poor Girl. And it's easy to fall into when the lime light is on you and nothing you do is right or can change what's been said or done.

So I'm all for celebs keeping their lives private. Especially Eric. Could you imagine the hell his life would be if any of the psychotic fans were able to know if he was married, gay, or whatever! I shiver to think about the life threats!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 14 2008 :  10:39:21 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hardly in the same league as Ms. Spears and he took "privacy" to a new level. Turned me and others "off" him. I liked his movie work when he was younger and I love him playing "Indians" something he does not like. He has very strong feelings on that subject and other subjects and I doubt if I met him in real life that we could be friends. His my space page I found alarming in a way as I do not agree with a lot of his opinions. I will always love Uncas the character in LOTM but Eric is another matter for me.

IG

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 15 2008 :  12:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kaya

Here's Eric's myspace page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=273528588

You have got to be kidding me. If those are truly Eric Schweig's thoughts, feelings and opinions... I have just completely lost all respect for him.

Sorry. That's it for me. Absolutely disgusting. He is a lost man.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 15 2008 :  12:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I too found it "disturbing" and I think he has lots of issues he should get help for. Wonder has he ever tried "therapy".

IG

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - July 15 2008 :  1:33:35 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I dislike to have to enter this topic but after looking at his myspace page, yikes!! Very shocking!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - July 15 2008 :  2:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Are we sure that's really Eric Schweig's MySpace page? There are a lot of celebrity "impersonators" on MySpace who try to capitalize on using celebrity images for themselves. And if the page does belong to ES, why does he use the name RayDean and Eric Schweig? Hmmm. . . . Well, if it is his page, it certainly doesn't make him look like a very likeable guy.

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - July 15 2008 :  3:28:58 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

Are we sure that's really Eric Schweig's MySpace page? There are a lot of celebrity "impersonators" on MySpace who try to capitalize on using celebrity images for themselves. And if the page does belong to ES, why does he use the name RayDean and Eric Schweig? Hmmm. . . . Well, if it is his page, it certainly doesn't make him look like a very likeable guy.

You know I was thinking the same thing. It might very well be true.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 15 2008 :  3:47:24 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well there are those on the board like Michelle who claim to know him and say it is him. I find the language on there to be really offensive and he is now a middle-aged man of 41 who does not need to use such foul language to express how he feels. Sounds like a foul mouthed teen and he should know better. No wonder he does not get many roles sounds like he would be difficult to work with and not get on with others.

IG

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - July 15 2008 :  4:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Hi I do not know him personally,but if you know about his life-his being adopted- you will understand why -the names RayDean and Eric Schweig? -are used.I am in close contact with his agent/representative-she is a very loverly person-and we both also understand the *Privacy Factor* in our work.
If anyone would like to message me private- i can respond-more open/on a private level....and yes it is his official myspace my dear freinds....and like i say if Eric decides in time wants to be more open to his fans then great...and good luck to him - i wish him all the best in all he dose,and any comments that are not realy needed to be heard- here i fully respect ERIC-very much,and he knows this... as i work where privacy is so important-even to anyone - privacy is a source we need to respect around us all.

I have set up an official petition,for a life time acheivement Award for him on myspace-HOPE I GET ENOUGH NAMES ON BOARD,his agent is onboard also... But I run myself....if anyone knows Nat on here...she is also conneted up!!! Cheers Nat for the support.

Hope i will have the support from here also...with Names....Thankyou so much.....

And i do apreciate your comments very much -thankyou.

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - July 15 2008 :  5:08:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

http://www.sandimorais.net/

Please check out this link,another official connection in music ....spice up your life with music.Also on the myspace also connected to both Sandi and Philip Michael Thomas.I have an Aunt who runs a charity...thecouse2000 in the uk....and inviting them both over for a chairty ball-dinner and Dance...all is welcome also...supporting a great a great couse.

I would love to meet so many of you-would be amazing...and its suvh an honour to be connected up to this site....still have not worked ot how to upload pics-or i would of Philip- if anyone can for me -thankyou so much-Don Johnson-he is another hottie from the original Miami Vice-series-great show...another great guy -very attractive are both actors...an amazing voice philip has...here is his official myspace link...
http://www.myspace.com/philipmichaelthomasmagiquespaceship maybe private also-not sure..but i can assure you it is his official profile-he has two official myspace profiles,And yes i agree there are profiles that are not real atal.But if your myspace pro-you know who are real/official or Fake.

Thankyou Light of moon for the reply....

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Of Pistols and Pockets Topic Next Topic: Nice all round LOTM fan-vid  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.89 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07