The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 12:20:01 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Eric Schweig's Unexplainable [to me!] Mystique
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Of Pistols and Pockets Topic Next Topic: Nice all round LOTM fan-vid
Page: of 4

Kaya
Pioneer

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
January 21 2004

Posted - July 15 2008 :  5:56:32 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ray Dean Thrasher is his birth name. His adoptive parents named him Kurt Eric Schweig. Yes - that's really Eric's myspace page and I think we know why his old Liaison was so secretive about him and his official. This is the real Eric. If you have a myspace account, you can log in and see tons of recent pix of him and I think he's still a good looking guy!

I do have a question to Michelle - I saw your other posts here about an "award" or something for Eric. What is it? Does he know about it? I'm not doubting you but I'm kind of confused because Eric or Michelle Shining Elk doesn't mention it on their myspaces.

report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 15 2008 :  6:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I understand that Mr. Schweig has not had an easy life, at least the first part of it. However, I also understand that much of his early trouble is being used as a crutch and an excuse for unwise behavior. Anyone... and I mean anyone... can overcome adversity. Anyone can set aside what has happened to them in the past and make himself a better person because of it. Many, many people have done that, instead of choosing to wallow in their misery.

Mr. Schweig has had a golden opportunity to learn and grow and become a top name actor. He had, and still has, a marketable face and some talent that can grow. As far as I can see, he has sidestepped that opportunity and has actually become a rather poor B-actor. And that is very sad. He chooses to sit back, cloaked in his "privacy" and berate the film industry for what he perceives to be injustices to his people. He has pretty heavily knocked the very movie (Dances With Wolves) that is pretty much single-handedly responsible for bringing his people and their great talents into the limelight. And that, too, is very sad. Why not work with the industry to continue the upward climb toward respect for Indian actors? Wes Studi is doing it.

No. I have no respect for Mr. Schweig as an actor, an Indian, or a person. I don't like the "real Eric." What a waste.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Kaya
Pioneer

January 21 2004

Posted - July 15 2008 :  6:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jeeze, what did I start?? Sorry everybody but I guess no one here has myspace pages or goes on Eric's IMDB page. Anyway this is a recent article about Eric and maybe it'll help smooth things over from what I posted -

http://www.indiancountry.com/content.cfm?id=1096417541

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - July 15 2008 :  8:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Thankyou Kaya,....

WOW!! And yes Michelle shining Elk posted this only recently on the myspace - and i emiled her with what a *Fantastic* bulletin also....and reposted for her...she replyed with such a beautiful email...

Here is my quote:I hope with my official petition...will help him get the noticable recognition-and respect for him and his people...and many Native Indians Kaya/freinds ...and this is my goal.... my personal quote...to all fans of Eric-long time-supporters.

After you all clicking on the link-above,and reading what more can you say-he deserves this-Eric and the Native Indians have come so far...well deserved award.....to show off in the public eye!!!

Hi,im very much Interested in joining you all.I would love to know more about this venture.This would be my first time/so making new freinds in this community would be amazing.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 16 2008 :  06:30:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And still, no real answers to my initial question ... oh well.

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - July 16 2008 :  08:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

And still, no real answers to my initial question ... oh well.

Hi rich,

What is it about this guy that seems to make him so very popular?????

Its not about so much the popular side of Eric-its about respect and apreciation,we all have different ways of seeing a person-even as a well known /actor or a class b actor as mentioned on here Rich.But at the end of the day-yes he made his name- on Last of the mohicans we all know-but has continued his efforts-and we did not hear anything on him-but he has done so much since then-and i mean for the Natives-his MASK work shows his inner talents aswell...aswell as his outreach work.We are all different in our way of reaching out and showing how we feel-Eric chooses this way and shows it with intent with his Mask work...and amazing-takes time-and alot of patience also...im also an artist-life drawings especially-its an amazing inspiration to have Rich-in advising our thoughts- we have our ways on different perception-on thoughts in ourselves also- the way we-comment too on many angles in which Eric portrays himself...Eric remember has many talents-he should be commended for them-and his people/Natives...a recognition he truely deserves-to share with us all.,maybe then he would be more open to respectful fans,and hear there veiws,who knows.
The public eye makes to many miss understood perceptions also...we need to be open yes-with our thoughts-but we as the people-in the public domain also have an inpact of the way in which we respond-and show our support-remember....

I do feel Eric has done very well.

*The Last of the Mohicans Lives on-so will his amazing work*

{A very different way of apreciating someones special work/perserverance}

Hi,im very much Interested in joining you all.I would love to know more about this venture.This would be my first time/so making new freinds in this community would be amazing.

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 16 2008 :  08:40:32 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich, it's really quite simple. What may be unexplainable to you can be summed up easily with a picture, which is truly worth a thousand words.

Image Insert:

4.03 KB

Image Insert:

3.55 KB

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - July 16 2008 :  09:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I gotta agree with Rich. There are those actors who were essential to LOTM as we know it. Just watch some of the other versions of LOTM and see the difference. But Uncas could have been replaced and it would have made no difference to the film. His performance was forgettable.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 16 2008 :  10:16:24 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Excellent post WW I'm with you on this one

IG

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 16 2008 :  11:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Fitz, you hit the nail on the head, again.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 16 2008 :  11:41:07 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Excellent post WW I'm with you on this one

Thanks, Irish. I truly appreciate your comments.

I agree with Fitz, too. Another Native actor could have given a lot more to the roll of Uncas, even though the script was very limiting.

Steph is also correct. The "Uncas/Eric Draw" for many women is purely and simply sexual/animal magnetism. And that is the part that Rich and other straight men have a difficult time understanding. For those women, all other considerations go right out the window. It doesn't matter to them what else he is or does or says. All they can focus on is that magnetic force. That's the best way I can explain it.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 16 2008 :  11:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wait a minute. People seem shocked that the real Eric is so different than his on-screen portrayal as Uncas, then call him a mediocre actor. That doesn't make sense.
Remember what a pleasant surprise it was to find out that Wes Studi was such a nice and friendly guy, and we all praised his acting skills for making us believe Magua was rotten to the core? It's the same thing, only backward. Just because the real-life Eric might not be what was expected doesn't mean that he's not a good actor. If he had no acting skills, his true persona would shine through and we wouldn't be surprised by the real person. But the mere fact that his real-life personality comes as a shock to some of us should be a testament to his acting ability.

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - July 16 2008 :  1:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Stephanie-What an amazing piece of responcerealy is...

..so much said and so much dismissed...its a shame....Eric is a person
just like us all...and what ever shows/be on or off screen is his business and personal to him....to judge or be judged...its wrong....and we apreciate the work he portrayed-back then-so lets move on and look at what he has acheived to date ...and alot of people need to focus on this-not just him-he has replyed to me in emails and is very polite on the myspace.Eric dose have great multi-talents remember-thats a gift in its own rightful respect

Take Care All xxx

lilyvonstudt
Pathfinder

May 04 2008

Posted - July 16 2008 :  7:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stephanie: Magua was no fluffy bunny but he certainly wasn't rotten to the core. But that's a different argument...

I'm not (SHOCK HORROR) even interested in Eric, whether as Uncus or as himself, but curiosity drove me to look at his myspace. Without to offend anyone here, because everyone's entitled to their own opinions and mine usually are different than the norm anyway, but I see nothing in the slightest shocking or offensive, or grossly inaccurate and hypocritical like Russel Means. He's certainly brash, opinionated, and could contend with Ozzy Osbourne in the swearing stakes, but I don't feel disappointed with him as a person. I don't think he seems overly immature for his age either. In fact, he seems pretty normal.

I know very little about his life, but judging by what Michelle said, acting is obviously not his utmost priority. Perhaps he just prefers to do different things other than appear in the limelight?

But I agree with FW; Eric's performance was nothing special. To be fair, however, the part didn't exactly call for much, just like the character of Alice. Eric didn't have a lot to work with. But, despite the character's lack of dynamism, I completely understand how he can appeal to most women (even though I'm not one of them). When a character is good looking (in your opinion), he or she doesn't need to do a hell of a lot in order to stay in your favour.

Interesting topic. Thanks for posting!

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - July 16 2008 :  9:58:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi lilyvonstudt

Thankyou also for the reply.

At the present,as far as Erics acting situation is to date - The Stone Child (2008) is (in production) ....Casting as: Ray from the info on the
IMDb.com official movie database-along side Graham Greene-casted as Bear.
Director:Christopher Martini
Christopher Martini (writer) and
Brett Duncan (writer)

THE STONE CHILD tells the story of an 11-year old boy struggling for identity as he is torn between the two worlds of his Mormon mother and Native-American father.
Plot:
"The Stone Child" tells the story of an 11-year-old Lakota Sioux boy and his journey to find a home.

And sounds like a very interesting story....wish him all the best with all is work he is doing...and Stephanie yes he is unexplainably hansome as uncas-no doubt-thankyou for the picture upload above from the film/set...his presence stood out on screen,and i look forward to his up- and coming film...thats in-production right now

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 16 2008 :  10:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lilyvonstudt

...could contend with Ozzy Osbourne in the swearing stakes...

This is one of the things that I found extremely offensive when I read his myspace page. Language like that is just not necessary. One can get one's point across without every other word being foul.

Michelle, you can call my comments "judging" if you like, but I prefer to call it my "opinion." We all have them. And I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with your comment about what Eric does on screen or off being "his personal business." When a person is in the public eye, it stops being personal business and becomes public business. That's the way fame is, I'm afraid. If you are in the spotlight, what you say and do shows to the world, like it or not.

For the record, I don't like Ozzy Osbourne, either. As far as I am concerned, he can drop right off the planet.

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 16 2008 :  10:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WW,
While I understand and partly agree with your disapproval of Eric's language on his myspace page, let me defend his right to it a little more.

When an entertainer is on the job, then what they say and do is for us, the public. When they are on their own time, it's up to them entirely. Think of it like any other job... are you concerned with your bank teller's myspace page or are you just concerned with the job she does for you when you go in the bank? Is she not entitled to her own personal life apart from and away from her work place?
Are you?
Am I?
I once had a co-worker suggest that she was offended because I am a Civil War reenactor (perhaps because of the Confederate flag? I do not display it anywhere, and in fact my unit portrays Union most of the time... not sure the reason for her offense.) My hobbies and interests are something that are completely separate from work, and I felt that what I do outside of work should in no way affect how I am viewed professionally.
How would you feel if professional judgements were made against you based on what you did in your own spare time?
I am reminded of a top-notch heart surgeon who dons a fake ponytail on the weekends and rides a Harley. Pretty tough-looking dude if you saw him away from work, but don't let that fool you. He is still top in his field.
I guess my point is that nobody owes anyone else anything when they are on their own time, as long as the activities they engage in are legal and not hypocritical (perhaps politicians and religious leaders are the exception here, I'm not sure where I draw the line).

What we, as the public, should be concerned with is not whether Eric drops the f-bomb in his own time, but rather how his performance *on the job* affects us, moves us, and enhances our enjoyment of this and his other movies.

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - July 16 2008 :  10:52:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
MMMMMM....

Hi Wilderness Woman,
I never mentioned no-names of direct negatives atal to anyone inperticular-please note.Thankyou,always am polite-but yes we are all entitled to voice....always...with-in reason/respect i feel.Im easy going and easy to communicate with,on respectful terms.

I shall be back in afew days when things have calm down on hear,have beter -more important things to do-we are supposed to be a freindly board...and i have been as polite as i can/and respectful to all.

Take care all x :)

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 16 2008 :  11:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I really don't see that anyone else has been rude or disrespectful either. Personal behavior and codes of conduct are things that people take seriously, and people can often be passionate about their beliefs. Although some strong opinions have been voiced here, I've enjoyed the discussion and don't feel that anyone has been rude at all. We all have our own opinions and I'm enjoying hearing the opinions of others as well. That's what a message board is for! :-D

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - July 16 2008 :  11:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Hi Steph,

I totally agree,share ones thoughts.

And what a Topic it has been-very indepth.

Look forward to his new Film also...should be a good one....listed above i have posted on the boards Steph.

Bye for now -Night being that it is mid early hrs/morn in the uk!!!

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 17 2008 :  06:31:21 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stephie,
Your point is very well taken and I appreciate your comments.

Michelle,
Yes, you have been very polite, and thank you for that. So have I. I did not express my opinions with any ire or anger toward you or anyone else. I just express them, albeit strongly, as Stephie said. No offense toward you or anyone else was intended. You all are also entitled to your own opinions about Eric Schweig, and I respect that totally.

I am left, once again, wondering why I even bothered, as it inevitably results in someone accusing me of something I did not intend. I will back away from this topic now, hoping that Rich finally has his answer.

Kaya
Pioneer

January 21 2004

Posted - July 17 2008 :  07:09:24 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Michelle, Eric's not doing The Stone Child. Someone asked him about it on his myspace and he said he's never been connected with it. IMDB is wrong alot so I wouldn't believe everything you read on there. And it's been in production for over a year now, I think the producer/director ran out of money.

But if you're really serious about this lifetime award for Eric, and it sounds like his publicist Michelle Shining Elk is involved too from what you said, I would post it on his imdb page. After he closed his official alot of members from his board started posting there. They're using it as is message board until his new official is up.

Good luck!!

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - July 17 2008 :  09:04:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kaya

Michelle, Eric's not doing The Stone Child. Someone asked him about it on his myspace and he said he's never been connected with it. IMDB is wrong alot so I wouldn't believe everything you read on there. And it's been in production for over a year now, I think the producer/director ran out of money.

But if you're really serious about this lifetime award for Eric, and it sounds like his publicist Michelle Shining Elk is involved too from what you said, I would post it on his imdb page. After he closed his official alot of members from his board started posting there. They're using it as is message board until his new official is up.

Good luck!!

Thankyou Kaya,

I have put out a postng on here also ....with a contact email for anyone interested in supporting-to send in there names-and any other support also to get involved,very much apreciated.And yes i am very serious about the life time acheivement award for Eric.I have worked hard on the myspace getting up,looking also for people to help me on this and spreading the word....Michelle Shining ELK is connected,and montiors like i do,but need more supporters on board definately....profile is set to private...if you are willing Kaya to help with the myspace official petition let me know -much apreciated again.And you can myspace search the petition-i will leave link below also so you can connect up,and i will add you-you can re-post a bulletin Michelle and myself posted on there,if you could please.Thankyou.

Official myspace link for the petition:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=350539784

Here is the official email again: ericschweigpetition@live.co.uk

Thankyou once again Kaya,and to all who are willing to come on board,and support my efforts here.

Kaya
Pioneer

January 21 2004

Posted - July 18 2008 :  6:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Michelle - I checked out your myspace for Eric and I think you have to set it on public if you want more joiners. You said you put in a lot of hard work on this and I believe you but no one will join if they don't know what it is. Like this board, people like to check things out, read posts before they join. Your myspace for Eric doesn't give alot of info what the site is for and if you didn't post on here what it was, I wouldn't even know what it's about and wouldn't bother with it. Just an idea.

Did you post this on Eric's imdb page? I was just over there and it's really active with alot of his fans. I'd try that too.

To WW and IG - yeah, Eric's myspace is kind of upsetting if you just found it but my friend (who is a myspace whiz) found it right after after Eric started it and it was way different. He had his close friends on there and once the word got out, everybody joined! And if you want to join it helps if you have a pic of youself with alot of cleavage. Anyway, I don't take it that seriously because Eric's an actor and I think that's what he doing on his myspace, just giving fans what they want. Some girls like the "bad boys." I just go there to look at the recent pics.

Answer to your question Rich: Eric was totally hot in LOTM. I lusted after him then, I think he's okay now. I've matured and know hot, good looking guys are nothing but trouble! And to be fair, most (mature) men think the same about a hot, good looking girl.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 18 2008 :  7:41:37 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Believe me Kaya the cleavage is not the problem, what disturbs me is his "foul language" (a middle-aged man should know better) and most of his beliefs. Do his ideas not disturb anyone else or the disgusting statements he makes.

IG
Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Of Pistols and Pockets Topic Next Topic: Nice all round LOTM fan-vid  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.66 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07