The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 6:25:49 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 If LOTM was re-made...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Webbs People At Albany Topic Next Topic: Maguas Hair-raising Halloween
Page: of 2

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
October 04 2007

Posted - April 09 2008 :  05:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it was re-made not as Manns but just another version, perhaps closer to the book who would you be happy with in the roles?

I only had one thought so far but I think Sean Wei Mah would make a fantastic Uncas.

Image Insert:

17.42 KB
report to moderator

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 09 2008 :  09:38:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good choice as he does look like our Uncas.

http://www.mohicanpress.com/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4029

Some great ideas and some not so great in here.

IG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

October 04 2007

Posted - April 09 2008 :  10:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
odd read...but that was for a complete re-make of Mann's version.
I was thinking a new version (like closer to the book) so it's easier to pick and see other people in the roles.

Althought the suggestion of Carl Urban as Hawkeye could be good...

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 09 2008 :  9:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If Sean Wei Mah was Uncas I'd be first in line. I absolutely love that man, he is sooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

October 04 2007

Posted - April 10 2008 :  05:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
lol I'm with you there Light, my jaw dropped when I first saw him hehe

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - April 10 2008 :  11:06:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmmm . . . he would make a good Uncas. All I can think of for now is maybe Natalie Dormer for Alice. She can have the very delicate look that Alice is supposed to have in the book:

Image Insert:

50.84 KB

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

October 04 2007

Posted - April 10 2008 :  11:51:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh wow! I agree Red, she would be perfect!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 10 2008 :  1:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Anne Boleyn...now there's a thought. Wouldn't she be too old though at 26 to play Alice?. Have not seen her in anything else other than "The Tudors".

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 16 2008 :  9:02:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nothing like stage makeup to take the years away. I think she'd be a good Alice.

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

October 04 2007

Posted - April 17 2008 :  06:14:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep, I mean just look at all the movies that have 30 somethings playing teenagers

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 17 2008 :  09:26:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I suppose and she is only 26, which is still pretty young. She could pass for a teenager.

IG

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

October 04 2007

Posted - April 17 2008 :  11:14:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
yay I'm 26, I still get asked for ID when I go to bars!
I think it's my height though

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 17 2008 :  8:42:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm soon to be 33 (yikes!) and have been mistaken for 23-25 depending on whose looking. No one expects to hear 30-something. Not even the people carding at clubs.

The last time I went they called the police, though I was trying to pass off a fake ID because of my date of birth!

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - April 23 2008 :  8:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

-Weldone-definately-Natalie Dormer for Alice,not sure about Sean Wei Mah-maybe have to disagree there ladies....can not replace Uncas...he has such a distinguish look remember....the actor Sean Wei Mah looks loverly though,but would have maybe bring back Eric for this final roll as Uncas ~that would be Crazy i know...but have to say-and mentioned before....make up can do wonders....and a strict plan to work out and be 20 years younger...it can happen....i know the actor Jodhi May *Alice...dose look so young in the film..and making a remake...maybe not so good..but maybe *The last of the Mohicans-20 years on....but thinking of a catchy title to catch people attention also...with a...continued story ofthere lives and add with on the bonus feature on the dvd on release..aswell..sounds good huh!
But a remake ...i do not beleive in remakes....look at the remake on ...Pride And prejudice.....not very atal i felt...no way near as amazing as the original.

Hi,im very much Interested in joining you all.I would love to know more about this venture.This would be my first time/so making new freinds in this community would be amazing.

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - April 23 2008 :  9:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle

...look at the remake on ...Pride And prejudice.....not very atal i felt...no way near as amazing as the original.

I completely agree. There can be only one Mr. Darcy.

Good to see you back again, Michelle.

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - April 23 2008 :  9:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Let's see about other casting....

I like Charlie Cox for Duncan. He was so cute in Stardust and he plays the bumbling romantic hero well. After all, that's what he would have to be if we were making a version of LOTM that was true to the book. Duncan would pretty much be our main character. Weird to think of, eh?
Image Insert:

35.07 KB

Here he is looking like a wistful young lover:
Image Insert:

45.61 KB

As for Hawkeye, what about Viggo Mortenson? Cooper's Hawkeye is supposed to be tall, unhandsome, and with stringy muscles. Not that Viggo is unhandsome, but I think that he could make a passable Hawkeye with a nice, weathered look like he had in Hidalgo (though maybe not as cowboyish). Ahhhh, Viggo.
Image Insert:

53.66 KB

And finally, to prove that I really have thought too much about this topic (instead of doing my work), here's my suggestion for Cora, who is supposed to be partially of African descent. I thought this woman was absolutely beautiful in Denzel's Deja Vu. Her name is Paula Patton.

Image Insert:

22.54 KB

Need I prove further that I love procrastination?

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - April 23 2008 :  9:24:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Hey Fragil!

Thankyou so much...well they could cast me...too..Cora...lol...

How are you doing!

Have you heard about my PETITION FOR ERIC..awaitng for post to go up from a member on hear,its great to be back.

P.S.EXCUSE THE SPELLING ITS 02AM IN THE UK

Hi,im very much Interested in joining you all.I would love to know more about this venture.This would be my first time/so making new freinds in this community would be amazing.

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - April 23 2008 :  9:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Oh and the member is Kirachi,we met on myspace aswell as here....

I can send the link but its a very secure site on myspace and only requested freinds can see the profile.

Michelle
Pioneer

Mask
United Kingdom

February 02 2008

Posted - April 25 2008 :  12:15:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michelle's Homepage  Click to see Michelle's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
RedFraggle great casting....i agree with you...so that leaves the parts of Uncas and Alice...Eric has to come back for the remake/also Alice.....Natalie Dormer great choice
RedFraggle...
Great casting from you all..and remember what i said about make-up....im sure Eric will look great....i know its 17 years on for Eric...but he still looks cute/beautiful features and im sure make-up artists aswell as training him back to the way he was in 1991...should not be a prob...if he realy worked at it..call me crazy...

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 25 2008 :  8:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, if they wait much longer than Eric could always play Chingachgook...

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 26 2008 :  12:28:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That would really make him "THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS!"

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - April 26 2008 :  10:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by caitlin

Well, if they wait much longer than Eric could always play Chingachgook...

Caitlin, I've been too busy with teaching to get on here lately and came back to find this rather interesting posting about an LOTM remake. I'm reading along taking in everyone's thoughts/opinions and then I read your comment and laughed out loud. That is so funny.

In all seriousness, though, I doubt if Eric is a person to try to "remake" past achievements. I don't know, but I would bet that LOTM is over and done with for him. So, we'll have to get someone else for Chingachgook, I guess.

nipponophile
Pathfinder

November 11 2008

Posted - November 11 2008 :  10:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm with you Kirachi, Sean Wei Mah is HOT!! But my heart will ALWAYS have a place for Eric circa 1992 as Uncas (in fact, he is #4 on my personal list of most beautiful appearances by a man ever).

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - November 16 2008 :  7:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ok, ok, nipponophile. I have to ask. . .who are numbers 1, 2, and 3?

nipponophile
Pathfinder

November 11 2008

Posted - November 17 2008 :  12:26:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
1. Daisuke Takahashi (2007 World Figure Skating Championships silver medallist), 2007 Exhibition routine to Bjork's Bachelorette
2. Hiroyuki Sanada, The Last Samurai
3. Ken Watanabe, The Last Samurai

The above may give you a clue as to why my screen name is as it is...

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 17 2008 :  12:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I had actually been wondering about that. Are you, by any chance, Japanese by race or descent?

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Webbs People At Albany Topic Next Topic: Maguas Hair-raising Halloween  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.59 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07