The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 4:31:03 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 If LOTM was re-made...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Webbs People At Albany Topic Next Topic: Maguas Hair-raising Halloween
Page: of 2

nipponophile
Pathfinder

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 11 2008

Posted - November 17 2008 :  12:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No, no NO, Wilderness Woman!! Not even CLOSE to being Japanese in ethnicity (I'm a 4th/5th generation Australian of Scottish/English/German descent), but very much in love with the country and its people, and have been for over 15 years. To the point where many of my Japanese friends tell me I'm more Japanese than them! I'm currently living in Tokyo, where I've been working for almost four years.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 17 2008 :  12:59:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I actually didn't mean that to be funny. It was a serious question, and one that made sense to me given your board name and what you had just posted.

My father was stationed in Japan for a year during the Korean War. While there, he purchased and sent home some very lovely things, from Kokeshi (also called Sendai) dolls to silk kimonos to cloisone vases to carved ivory figures to Sake sets to beautifully detailed ceramic figurines. He, too, fell in love with Japan.

But, this is off topic for this thread...

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

lilyvonstudt
Pathfinder

May 04 2008

Posted - November 17 2008 :  9:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
nipponophile, you're very rare because there's not many a gaijin who speak nihongo! I am sadly one of the majority who doesn't. I was learning for a while but didn't have time to continue.

nipponophile
Pathfinder

November 11 2008

Posted - November 18 2008 :  10:55:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Off topic, but just wanted to pass on humble apologies to Wilderness Woman if I appeared to come across as flippant in answering your question This was certainly not my intention. Sounds like your father had a similar aesthetic appreciation for Japan as I do (an appreciation that is proving to be very expensive as the years roll on....)
Back on topic, perhaps not a re-casting for Hawkeye, but would dearly have loved to use a hair straightner on his locks.....

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 18 2008 :  1:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nipponophile

Off topic, but just wanted to pass on humble apologies to Wilderness Woman if I appeared to come across as flippant in answering your question This was certainly not my intention.

No problem!

Yes, Dad was quite taken with Japan and its people, the beauty of their houses, their gardens, their artwork, etc. As you can imagine, it was all very different in Japan in the early 1950s. Most of the old ways were still in tact.

Dad lives in our Pacific Northwest, in Portland Oregon. There were a lot of Japanese immigrants who made their way there in the late 1800s and early 1900s, and there are many beautiful Japanese-influenced gardens in that part of the U.S. In fact, Portland's Sister City is Sapporo!

Oooops.... sorry. Still off-topic.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - November 18 2008 :  6:20:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OK...back to the topic.....

"If ROTM was le-made..."

(PS--Back in the early '80's we had an Exchange Student Japanese daughter, Hiromi.... "Lomi", she went by.... who has since given us a beautiful granddaughter, Reiku. I'd love to go see them someday, but I don't think I'll ever be able to....)

NOW...back to the Topic:

I think it's WAY too soon to remake it. We need a whole new generation of GOOD actors/actresses.....not the current Pop Tart crowd of Hollywood bozos. We need folks with talent who are believable! After all, how long was it from the original to 'our' LOTM??? Answer: It was 72 years from the original in 1920 (Want a treat? Watch THIS ONE!!) to 'ours'(1992)! There was also one in 1936, and....we cannot forget all the serials,TV shows, etc., along the way.

I vote to wait awhile for a crop of as-yet-unborn talent....maybe by then there will be some!

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 18 2008 :  9:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I find it hard to disagree with any of the suggestions made here for a remake of LOTM...but who would we get to play the Sachem? Why, Wes Studi, of course!

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - November 19 2008 :  05:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
THAT........would be great, Obi! Good suggestion!

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~

nipponophile
Pathfinder

November 11 2008

Posted - November 19 2008 :  09:08:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah, I reckon Wes HAS to be in it in some capacity.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Webbs People At Albany Topic Next Topic: Maguas Hair-raising Halloween  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.61 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07