The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/4/2024 8:31:11 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 When will they remake LOTM again?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: A really oddly staged scene in LOTM Topic Next Topic: Daniel and Madeleine together again
Page: of 2

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 17 2002

Posted - November 09 2002 :  6:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

quote:
It's been a long time since I read 'em, but if I rembember correctly, Hawkeye was one of those heroes who went out of his way to avoid getting the girl.

Hey Scott,

The CSPAN broadcast a couple of years ago featuring JFC indicated that Natty Bumppo remained celebant his entire life.

Theresa
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

English Trader
Pioneer

The English Trader
USA

June 25 2002

Posted - November 09 2002 :  7:39:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit English Trader's Homepage  Send English Trader an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Scott,
You are quite right. Which means that Sara Donati's books are take-offs from Mann's movie, NOT Cooper's book.

I never really thought of it that way! Hmmmm.

YHOS,
English Trader

quote:
Originally posted by Scott Bubar

quote:
Originally posted by English Trader

...she didn't live in Cooper's books the way she did in Mann's movie...

It's been a long time since I read 'em, but if I rembember correctly, Hawkeye was one of those heroes who went out of his way to avoid getting the girl.

Scott Bubar
Colonial Militia

USA

May 17 2002

Posted - November 09 2002 :  9:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The hero that can't allow himself to be tied down by a female is a time-honored American tradition, which I suppose JFC had a major hand in starting.

And of course American puritanism being what it is, he can't allow himself to get any along the way.

Until the sixties came along, anyway.

And even then, the female often gets killed off.

But then, if I remember my Bond correctly, the English favor this method as well.

~~Aim small, miss small.

sidony
Pioneer

June 21 2002

Posted - November 10 2002 :  8:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi English Trader. You know, I don't have the the faintest idea who could play a younger Hawkeye because DDL is imprinted on my mind! I read a rumour a while back that "Deerslayer" was going to be filmed, and that Orlando Bloom (who plays Legolas in "Lord of the Rings") was being considered for the role. I don't know what became of that.

Ellie
Pioneer

mountain scene
United Kingdom

July 22 2002

Posted - November 11 2002 :  10:48:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I reckon Heath Ledger from The Patriot and A Knights Tale would make a good 'young Hawkeye' or even possibly Nathanial from Sara Donati's books. He would need to have dark hair extensions or a wig, but I think he has the right look about him. He also has an incredibly sexy voice and smouldering eyes...

sidony
Pioneer

June 21 2002

Posted - November 14 2002 :  8:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ellie, Heath Ledger has a cute little nose and I've come to associate Hawkeye with a hawk nose a la DDL.:)

Vixen
Colonial Settler

Duncan

November 07 2002

Posted - November 16 2002 :  12:24:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mylene and I actually came across with another, older version of LOTM....were gonna watch it, well tell you all about it. first tho, if ithi wanted to come over she could...so you dont feel left out...i actually heard that the older version should be more like the book and less gory, for instance, no heart scene, (awwww poor mylene!) but it should be good

"What are they doing to Duncan?!?"
-Cora Munro

Mylene
Pathfinder

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)

November 07 2002

Posted - November 16 2002 :  12:35:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Mylene an AOL message  Send Mylene a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
awwwwwwww no heart scene...like I've said in other posts, I haven't read the book (yes, Ithi, I will plan to...once I find it...no one give it to ithi or vix, they'll make me...me...READ! i dont like to read), but I loved this movie. I know Ithi said the movie was nothing like the book, and when I went to rent the movie at the store, the people there said it was more like the book, minus some of the gore scenes and battles and stuff...but we'll see how it is...I'll post something here...if vix doesnt get to it first *wink*

Silence is golden...but shouting is fun!

Ithiliana
Colonial Settler

Ithiliana
USA

November 07 2002

Posted - November 16 2002 :  11:47:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Ithiliana an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
*kicks myl and vix*
no fair, you guyz watched it w/out me...yea, i heard the old one is much more like the book then the 1992 one...but then again, the 1992 version lacks dd-l, soooo...
:D i know im obsessed

Le Poisson Rouge Seudois du Chaos
Conspiracy of One

Vixen
Colonial Settler

Duncan

November 07 2002

Posted - November 16 2002 :  4:30:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
heh heh...i got here first. I would just like to say that I wouldn't watch the old Lotm movie for a million dollars. It was ok, but the more recent one was soooo much better...for instance, Uncas is just plain ugly, chingachgook looks exactly like Uncas, Hawkeye has blond hair and a mustache, Duncan is extremly thin, and there is absolutly no romance...well, we paused it towards the end and couldnt get it to play again, so you never know. The music was just plain annoying. If you call it music. It was more of suspensful cords here or there that didn't last that long...The only person that looked pretty much the same was Magua. The older Magua was fatter, but they look pretty much the same. For an all around rating, I'd have to say, don't watch it unless you have nothing else to do and you want to see the comparison. They also show David Gammit (for all those who read the book) in it, who was probably the best part of the whole film.

"What are they doing to Duncan?!?"
-Cora Munro

Ithiliana
Colonial Settler

Ithiliana
USA

November 07 2002

Posted - November 22 2002 :  5:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Ithiliana an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
yea, but still...from what i heard, that movie is much more by the book then the 1992 one...it would be nice to compare...

Le Poisson Rouge Seudois du Chaos
Conspiracy of One
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: A really oddly staged scene in LOTM Topic Next Topic: Daniel and Madeleine together again  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.28 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07