The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 3:27:29 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 What about Hawkeye?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: LOTM AMC Topic Next Topic: Fanvideo
Page: of 2

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 19 2002

Posted - October 08 2007 :  11:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Greetings Mohicanites!

To get back on topic for just a moment... how about this Hawkeye quote:

"Got nothing better to do on the lake today, Major?"

And Little Lady of Fire, I agree with you: just about everything Hawkeye says makes me shiver.

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2007 :  11:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ladies he wants us to have issues with him.....he is longing for a trip to the "pit"

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 08 2007 :  12:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
All in favor of taking Obi to the pit say "AYE"!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2007 :  1:55:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

Me, me, me, me, me oh yeah, and me too over here.

Hi ho..Hi ho.....'tis off to the pit we go..

We're comin' for ya Obi so best be ready

IG

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - October 08 2007 :  4:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I also love Hawkeye's first verbal exchange with Duncan, as he grabs the muzzleloader from his hands and says, "In case your aim's any better than your judgement."

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2007 :  9:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ya'll are just gluttons for punishment, ain'tcha?

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 09 2007 :  12:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Diane B.

I also love Hawkeye's first verbal exchange with Duncan, as he grabs the muzzleloader from his hands and says, "In case your aim's any better than your judgement."

DOH! How did I forget that one too?!

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 09 2007 :  12:50:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I always get a smile when Hawkeye responds to the teasing he gets from Jack Winthrop about the reason he is staying at the fort. I enjoy the slight smile and the manner in which he says, "It does. And it's a better lookin' reason than you, Jack Winthrop."

I think I got that right... did I?

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 09 2007 :  1:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, you did get that right, WW! ALTHOUGH - I think Jack is a better looking reason myself! (hey Kay, I still have my "I love Jack" bracelet you made me!)

This is a pretty obvious one, but I remember being awe struck the first time I saw LOTM when Hawkeye does the whole "I will find you..." routine, complete with dropped jaw and round as saucer eyes!

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

October 04 2007

Posted - October 09 2007 :  1:51:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Gadget Girl

Yes, you did get that right, WW! ALTHOUGH - I think Jack is a better looking reason myself! (hey Kay, I still have my "I love Jack" bracelet you made me!)

This is a pretty obvious one, but I remember being awe struck the first time I saw LOTM when Hawkeye does the whole "I will find you..." routine, complete with dropped jaw and round as saucer eyes!

Yeah, i got a lump in my throat at that part too. I think I was about 11 or so when i first saw this and i thought it was the most romantic thing ever lol

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - October 09 2007 :  4:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wilderness Woman

I always get a smile when Hawkeye responds to the teasing he gets from Jack Winthrop about the reason he is staying at the fort. I enjoy the slight smile and the manner in which he says, "It does. And it's a better lookin' reason than you, Jack Winthrop."

Glad to see you posting, WW. I love that remark, too. Probably his best! In fact, overall, I liked all of Hawkeye's sarcastic remarks much better than his under-the-falls romantic remark. That was just too mushy for my taste. I think it greatly diminshed the movie when Mann took some of Hawkeye's sarcasm out of the director's cut.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 09 2007 :  6:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by winglo

Glad to see you posting, WW.

Thank you.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

October 04 2007

Posted - October 09 2007 :  6:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by winglo

quote:
Originally posted by Wilderness Woman

Glad to see you posting, WW. I love that remark, too. Probably his best! In fact, overall, I liked all of Hawkeye's sarcastic remarks much better than his under-the-falls romantic remark. That was just too mushy for my taste. I think it greatly diminshed the movie when Mann took some of Hawkeye's sarcasm out of the director's cut.

Yeah i still can't believe that's true! Those lines were great! I can't undersatnd why he'd remove them!
I'll have to see it with my own eyes

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 10 2007 :  1:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Me too. Why did he chop that all to bits? I don't get it. Loved his attitude. Made him appear manly and tough. His character just isn't the same without it.

Tempted to sell my DVD because I rarely watch it. I really wish they'd bring the VHS version to digital.

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - October 16 2007 :  07:12:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm voting with Obediah -- "I do not call myself subject to much at all" just sums up the essence of the character for me.

Bookworm

"I've gotten so fascinated with the eighteenth century, I'm going to stay there." -- David McCullough

"Nothing to it, brother." -- Barack Obama

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - October 16 2007 :  8:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

AYE

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 16 2007 :  9:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Got nothing better to do in the mudpit today, ladies?"

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 16 2007 :  10:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nope, nothing else comes to mind!

Ridgerunner
Pathfinder

USA

November 12 2006

Posted - October 20 2007 :  09:28:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I picked the first.Having been active in militia affairs this caught my attention.I also liked the way he put the British officer in his place.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 20 2007 :  12:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I really liked the, "Well, we all face to the north and real sudden like turn left."

I can't believe all the good one liners I left out! DOH!!!!!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: LOTM AMC Topic Next Topic: Fanvideo  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.47 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07