The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 5:23:36 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 What about Hawkeye?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: LOTM AMC Topic Next Topic: Fanvideo
Page: of 2

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
December 18 2004

Posted - September 28 2007 :  10:27:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Okay, we've swooned over Uncas enough. Time to share the lime-light. What would you say was your favorite Hawkeye comment?

Choices:

I'm not your scout and I'm not no damn militia, clear it up any?
Someday I think you and I are going to have a serious disagreement.
I'm looking at you, Miss.
UNCAS!!!!!!! (As he witnesses his brothers death)

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!
report to moderator

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - September 28 2007 :  10:34:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I voted for the first quote. Always gave me a good laugh. But you forgot the most important one: "You face to the North and real sudden like turn left".

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

susank2
Colonial Settler

USA

August 25 2007

Posted - September 28 2007 :  10:45:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I voted for the...I'm looking at you miss"...cause my heart skipped a beat when he said that.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - September 28 2007 :  11:10:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Me too susank I voted for that one as well although my favorite is under the Falls when he says the famous lines "stay alive no matter what occurs, I will find you". What a man and hero.

IG

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - September 28 2007 :  11:34:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I didn't vote because the best one was omitted!!!

"Do not try to make them understand you, and do not try to understand them. That is because they are a breed apart and they make no sense."

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - September 28 2007 :  3:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I didn't vote either; my favorite was left out too!

"I do not call myself subject to much at all!"

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - September 28 2007 :  3:54:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I like that Fitz, - and it could easily apply to most places around the world today.

you can keep "The Change"

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - September 28 2007 :  3:59:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was thinking more in terms of this board

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - September 28 2007 :  4:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
;)

you can keep "The Change"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - September 28 2007 :  5:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fitzhugh Williams

lol good one Fitz

IG

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 29 2007 :  01:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I voted for number one. There may well be a bit of a gender gap in the poll results.

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - September 29 2007 :  07:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey, Light, any chance we can expand the poll to include some of these other comments mentioned above? I think some of them would get a lot of votes.

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 29 2007 :  08:45:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Do not try to make them understand you, and do not try to understand them. That is because they are a breed apart and they make no sense."

Hey Fitz!!!
Love ya anyway.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 02 2007 :  5:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Woods

I voted for number one. There may well be a bit of a gender gap in the poll results.

I totally agree with you DW. Most of us "ladies" appear to have voted for the 3rd option. We all "swooned"a little when he said that. Cora's must have done a "somersault"

IG

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - October 02 2007 :  7:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ugh I can't choose. Just about everything he says makes me shiver. Even when he yells something to Uncas and Chingy when they are trailing the girls once they have been kidnapped.

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 02 2007 :  7:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by winglo

Hey, Light, any chance we can expand the poll to include some of these other comments mentioned above? I think some of them would get a lot of votes.

I'd love to but I'm out of the allowed time limit for making changes.

Rich? Any chance you can help us out Sachem?

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 07 2007 :  10:44:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

I didn't vote either; my favorite was left out too!

"I do not call myself subject to much at all!"

WHAT?! Thought fur sure you'd vote "UNCAS!" Oh, sorry, I mean "CHING'S BRAT!".

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 07 2007 :  6:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Obviously, Uncas must have been a real disappointment to his dad, else WHY would Ching have bothered to adopt a little white kid?

BTW, my 2nd favorite Hawkeye sentence would be, "We're walking outta heah, real fast!"

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - October 07 2007 :  8:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Whoa! That's a real insult to anyone who's adopted, Obi. Some people, (such as Chingachgook, I'm sure) adopt because they love the child and/or children and want to give them a great life, as well as enriching their own.

susank2
Colonial Settler

USA

August 25 2007

Posted - October 07 2007 :  9:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was always under the impression that Uncas was born after Hawkeye was adopted.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 07 2007 :  10:19:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Obi is just making a joke winglo. No need to get all riled up by it and I found no insult directed at adopted people. You have to understand Obi's sense of humor and I certainly do. He makes us all laugh and does not insult anyone.

susank Uncas was younger than Hawkeye so he would have been born after Chingy "adopted the white kid" for good reasons I am sure.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 08 2007 :  12:03:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Obviously, Uncas must have been a real disappointment to his dad, else WHY would Ching have bothered to adopt a little white kid?

BTW, my 2nd favorite Hawkeye sentence would be, "We're walking outta heah, real fast!"

You'll say anything to slam Uncas, wouldn't you, Obi? Wonder what your thoughts would be if it were Magua Ching adopted instead!

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

October 04 2007

Posted - October 08 2007 :  06:17:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Oh dear, that had me giggling for a full 5 minutes.

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2007 :  09:38:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Let's see, looks like the score is 1 for and 2 against. Let me respond, first in general, then in detail:

Yes, I was just making a joke; if you've been on this Board for any length of time, you should see the consistency of my humor!

Kira - ooh baby! I love England -- like the song from Hair, "Manchester England England, across the Atlantic Sea..."

Wing - NO, I insulted no-one! I was adopted & so was my sister!

Light - as you should know, I have never had any problem with Uncas per se; my issues are with the overabundance of syrupy, sappy, posts about how wonderful he is!

Sorry if I sound defensive; I should realize (from past experience) that sometimes my humor goes a little overboard...but, hey, I can't very well stop the way my mind works...and if you have any more issues with me, let's take 'em to the mudpit!

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2007 :  09:53:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Obi, what would the board be without your humor!! Oh, by the way, you love our syrupy, sappy, posts about Uncas, admit it!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

October 04 2007

Posted - October 08 2007 :  09:53:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Let's see, looks like the score is 1 for and 2 against. Let me respond, first in general, then in detail:

Yes, I was just making a joke; if you've been on this Board for any length of time, you should see the consistency of my humor!

Kira - ooh baby! I love England -- like the song from Hair, "Manchester England England, across the Atlantic Sea..."

Wing - NO, I insulted no-one! I was adopted & so was my sister!

Light - as you should know, I have never had any problem with Uncas per se; my issues are with the overabundance of syrupy, sappy, posts about how wonderful he is!

Sorry if I sound defensive; I should realize (from past experience) that sometimes my humor goes a little overboard...but, hey, I can't very well stop the way my mind works...and if you have any more issues with me, let's take 'em to the mudpit!

I get your humour

Sappy, syrupy? NEVER
We just wuvs his all his little toesys lol

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: LOTM AMC Topic Next Topic: Fanvideo  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.47 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07