The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/11/2024 1:18:21 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Line of LOTM Christmas Toys
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: For all Magua admirers.. Topic Next Topic: Magua Speaks
Page: of 3

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2005

Posted - December 24 2006 :  12:29:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With Christmas here and all the children getting toys, I couldn’t help but think that a line of LOTM action figures might be jus the thing.

Cora doll – comes with an attitude and 10 different complaints.
Alice doll – Push off the edge of a table and try to make it land on a rock-shaped target.
Monro doll – Comes with removable heart.
Webb doll – doesn’t do anything.
Ching doll – throws large blue war club at a Huron target.
Duncan doll – made of asbestos – can be mounted in the fireplace on top of the Yule log.
Uncas doll – lifesize and inflatable – should be quite popular among a certain set.
Hawkeye doll – make like a nutcracker with the handle being the long, flowing hair.

Perhaps others.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"
report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - December 24 2006 :  07:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Very funny, Fitz!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 24 2006 :  08:18:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Very funny, Fitz. Now you forgot that Gadget Girl will be wanting a Jack Winthrop doll. And I, of course, eagerly await the addition of the Magua doll, complete with removable leg cast?

In the meantime, here's an LOTM action figure set you can get:
:SS:US:1" target="_blank">http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250065638472&ssPageName=ADME:SS:US:1

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 24 2006 :  09:10:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Steph,
I can guarantee that we will never see that particular Barzo playset in Ariel's Auction or the raffle, unless we happen to have a very rich Mohicanlander among us that wants to donate it.

Love,
Kay

PS Fitz, I loved all of the dolls. Maybe you should pitch your idea to Mattel.

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - December 24 2006 :  11:16:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Huzzah, Fitz! That's a classic!

How about a Cameron's cabin, complete with matches?

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 24 2006 :  11:48:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
lol Fitz Sign me up for the lifesize, inflatable Uncas Best get me one before all the other ladies buy them all up. Ladies you know who you are

IG

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - December 24 2006 :  12:52:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And maybe,

Magua doll - Comes with 5 menacing looks and can deliver insults in English, French, Mohawk, and Huron. Deluxe version can deliver insults in Abenaki and Ottawa as well.
Montcalm doll - Moveable head that looks the other way when Hurons attack British.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - December 24 2006 :  1:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kaylynn44

Steph,
I can guarantee that we will never see that particular Barzo playset in Ariel's Auction or the raffle, unless we happen to have a very rich Mohicanlander among us that wants to donate it.

Love,
Kay

PS Fitz, I loved all of the dolls. Maybe you should pitch your idea to Mattel.

And to think that I just gave my set to my 2 youngest sons!!! It WAS in mint condition ... $1500?????????? Man oh man ...

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 24 2006 :  1:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Fitz LOL!!!!!!! You're cracking me up. Better make that Montcalm doll a blow-up life size, too.

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 26 2006 :  10:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
But wait!...there's more...don't forget the 3-piece LOTM swim set, just right for those hot summer days by the pool. Consists of inflatable likenesses of Hawkeye, Chingachgook, & his kid. These are self-propelled & can roll right off the end of the diving board & paddle to the edge of the pool, then up & out! Strangely, no matter in what order these 3 dolls jump into the pool, the Chingy doll is always the last one out!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 28 2006 :  8:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's hilarious!

I'll take ten Alice's (Just to hear her hit the floor!)
One Uncas that I make into an idol and present all precious metals and stones as gifts in exchange for his everlasting love!
And 100 Duncan Donuts to set aflame as sacrifice!
Oh yeah, and 1,000 addtn'l Uncas dolls just for the sake of being surrounded by him!!!

Now...about that Magua doll.....

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 28 2006 :  11:39:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Idol or idle???

Think of the Magua doll as an educational device (so you'll know all about the English).

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - December 29 2006 :  12:18:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hee hee...

I love this idea. My personal favorite is the Cora doll. "An attitude and 10 different complaints"? Brilliant!

Diana
Pioneer

May 18 2002

Posted - December 29 2006 :  4:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Greetings and Happy New Year!!

I don't see a General Montcalm doll on list. Well, here it is. Hmmm, he walks around in the woods, listens to songs and rides a horse. Oh, did I say that that his french is par excellance?! Oo La La!!

Diana

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 29 2006 :  5:09:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Although the Montcalm doll speaks excellent "Fran-say," when it switches to English, no-one can understand a word that comes out of its mouth/speaker.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 29 2006 :  9:17:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I can understand ANY good-looking man with an accent!!

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - December 29 2006 :  9:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fitzhugh Williams

With Christmas here and all the children getting toys, I couldn’t help but think that a line of LOTM action figures might be jus the thing.

Cora doll – comes with an attitude and 10 different complaints.
Alice doll – Push off the edge of a table and try to make it land on a rock-shaped target.
Monro doll – Comes with removable heart.
Webb doll – doesn’t do anything.
Ching doll – throws large blue war club at a Huron target.
Duncan doll – made of asbestos – can be mounted in the fireplace on top of the Yule log.
Uncas doll – lifesize and inflatable – should be quite popular among a certain set.
Hawkeye doll – make like a nutcracker with the handle being the long, flowing hair.

Perhaps others.

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - December 29 2006 :  10:00:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Perhaps others.

---- Fitzhugh W.

Sorry about the previous post, am hopelessly tech impaired! Just had to say *ROTFL*! Fitz, this is great! Just got back to Mohicanland, after the holiday craziness, and this was the first thing I found. :-D The Duncan doll you can put on the Yule Log is truly inspired! ;-) Are you sure you don't have a secret career in advertising? >:-) Also thought the Cameron's Cabin thing was wicked funny... sick, but still funny. Thanks , you guys, for giving me a much needed laugh! And since we're all being bad... I'm probably a (lurking) member of that "certain set". So can't we get an inflatable Hawkeye too? Just to encourage "creative play", of course.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 30 2006 :  01:52:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - January 01 2007 :  12:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

Think of the Magua doll as an educational device (so you'll know all about the English).

Well I guess Uncas would be a pleasure device then.

IG

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - January 01 2007 :  9:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would think the "Chingy's kid" doll would be a knife sharpener.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - January 03 2007 :  01:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Keep dreaming you ole' geezer!

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - January 06 2007 :  3:13:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As much as I love the movie....I find it ridiculous that the person that was trying to sell the action toy set on e-bay would actually think they could sell it for $1500. We may be die-hard fans but we aren't crazy! As for the duncan doll...does it cry and scream in pain when you put it on the yule log? Might add a bit of flavor if it did!

"I teach the dance...the passion is yours to find."

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - January 06 2007 :  4:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"As for the duncan doll...does it cry and scream in pain when you put it on the yule log?"....asks Dancer.

No, my dear, it doesn't, because it is a British...Officer.

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - January 06 2007 :  4:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Must have a stiff upper lip then.

IG

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - January 06 2007 :  6:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well he cried like a girl in the movie!!!!!!!!

"I teach the dance...the passion is yours to find."
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: For all Magua admirers.. Topic Next Topic: Magua Speaks  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.59 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07