The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 1:21:32 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Have you guys seen this??
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Divine Intervention Topic Next Topic: Another blooper?
Page: of 2

wes1761
Pathfinder

Me in Ranger Green
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
April 06 2006

Posted - October 27 2006 :  12:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit wes1761's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hope you like to laugh!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no1yjnn1gqU
report to moderator

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - October 27 2006 :  1:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Now..........THAT is funny!!!

Thanks, Wes, for sending it!

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 27 2006 :  5:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

At last! Ben Stiller finally does something funny!

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 28 2006 :  08:51:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting it for those who might not have seen it before. Nancy M. (Dances with Beagles) brought a copy of it to the Gathering so we actually got to see it on the big screen at the movie theater. I think a lot of people were surprised but everyone laughed!!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 29 2006 :  10:39:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep - seen it before but it's always a good laugh.
In fact I've shared it w/many friends and family and they just about keeled over!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - November 01 2006 :  05:15:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ive seen it before here on the forum. Someone else posted it. In any case, it had the same effect ... damn funny!!

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 01 2006 :  07:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I love this sketch! I first saw it a while back on YouTube, but every time I watch it it gets funnier.

Best part? "It help put the 'I can' back in this Mohican."

(By the by, I totally agree with you, Obediah. Ben Stiller FINALLY does something funny.)

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 01 2006 :  09:18:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey no fair leave Ben Stiller alone. I love his movies, well most of them. He is a funny guy. He and DDL could be brothers don't you think???

IG

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 01 2006 :  10:37:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Funny you mention it, IG...

I think Ben Stiller DOES look strikingly like DDL in his "Mohican Master" gear. I think I read before (maybe somewhere on this site ???) that the real DDL often got mistaken for Ben Stiller in public after the Mohican Master skit aired. Funny thought....

And I have to admit I like some of Ben Stiller's movies. I don't find him totally annoying all the time.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 01 2006 :  11:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not much as far as eye candy goes, kinda kills it for me anyway. But he does a great job on the Mohican Master. The whole colonial/native look really opens a whole new appeal for him.

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - November 02 2006 :  05:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Hey no fair leave Ben Stiller alone. I love his movies, well most of them. He is a funny guy. He and DDL could be brothers don't you think???

There is some similarity ...

But on the topic of Ben Stiller ... I loved Zoolander!!

Lady of Glencairn

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 02 2006 :  09:23:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I loved him in "Starsky & Hutch". It was hilarious but then I used to watch the original show when I was a kid and loved it. I had a "thing" for "Hutch" though not "Starsky". You had to have watched the original series to get the humor in this movie though. Loved the part where he was disco dancing after he had put the "sugar" in his coffee and "Hutch" strumming the old guitar and singing "Don't Give Up On Us Baby" hilarious. Wonder whatever happened to my old David Soul albumn??? I was in love with him imagine that.....me and millions of other teenage girls...heehee

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 02 2006 :  11:16:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, many of us were. But then along came UNCAS!

Has anyone seen Scary Movie 4? I'd love to see something like that with a Mohican twist.
Ya' know...Duncan, Alice, and Cora tailing along behind those Hotties in breech clothes. Alice could step out of the "school girl" role and tackle Uncas like a linebacker!
Duncan could challenge Nathaniel and have Cora try to stop them when she gets knocked into the rushing waters and swept away....and not to mention the whole ending...Hmmm the possibilities!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 02 2006 :  12:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey great idea Light. I can just visualise that little scenario in my head. What a hoot it would be. We would have to get Ben Stiller to play Hawkeye of course and my other NA hottie Michael Greyeyes could play Uncas unless of course Eric himself can reprise this role for the spoof. Duncan would have to be someone really ugly and stuck up, any ideas?? As for Cora and Alice I say you and I could play the parts. The view would be magnificient don't ya think?

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 05 2006 :  12:55:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Hey great idea Light. I can just visualise that little scenario in my head. What a hoot it would be. We would have to get Ben Stiller to play Hawkeye of course and my other NA hottie Michael Greyeyes could play Uncas unless of course Eric himself can reprise this role for the spoof. Duncan would have to be someone really ugly and stuck up, any ideas?? As for Cora and Alice I say you and I could play the parts. The view would be magnificient don't ya think?

Hmmm...who could play Duncan. I got it! Obi Juan! Touche for all the Uncas rippin'!

Michael Greyeyessigh!
The view of Uncas and Nathaniel in breech clothes.

Here's another Alice(Irish) scenario.
Alice leans into the falls (why? we don't know. What kinda' person would do that? What did she expect to see? Water?) ANYWAY she leans into the falls when Uncas goes to grab her and he trips and goes over the falls without her!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 05 2006 :  08:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for that early morning laugh Light. You should write a screenplay and see what happens. The way your mind works is something else.

IG

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 05 2006 :  2:43:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm waaaaay to pretty to play Duncan. ...and I don't look that good in red...

Now for the $64 question: who can we get to play Magua? I know, I know! How about Wes Studi? "There can be only one!"

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 05 2006 :  9:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Awww Irish. You got me blushing! Think I will and send it on to whoever.
I love writing books and such. Gives a good imagination.

C'mon now Obi...admit it...you want to play the part!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 06 2006 :  10:55:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow, Light! Are you really writing a book?

Hmmm...Let me see if I can guess the plot:

Through the grey mists of a darkening summer day, we see a lone Delaware warrior, broken and bleeding, but not dead. He is Uncas, son of Chingachgook, last of the Mohicans. The waters of a deep river have broken his fall from a high cliff above, and he has gathered just enough strength to pull himself onto its rocky banks. He falls unconscious, only to awaken many hours later in the healing hut of a beautiful but reclusive Delaware maiden whose name, in English, translates to "Light of the Moon". . . .

Totally kidding! I couldn't resist, having seen some of your Uncas-related posts!

I'm sure your book will be/is fabulous, and I envy you your talent. I've been in graduate school way too long (5 years---yeesh!) to write anything but academic . Any creative writing I try to do--and believe me, I've tried--always comes out packed with "howevers," "therefores," and the dreaded "moreover." Doh!

If you need someone to read drafts, I was an editorial assistant for a literary magazine for two years. Feel free to fire stuff my way.

Oh, and happy writing!

--RedFraggle

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 07 2006 :  01:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

(SNIPPED)

Huron, oui; Anglais, non! On 2nd thought, I do look better in red than I do shirtless!

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - November 07 2006 :  07:15:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

Through the grey mists of a darkening summer day, we see a lone Delaware warrior, broken and bleeding, but not dead. He is Uncas, son of Chingachgook, last of the Mohicans. The waters of a deep river have broken his fall from a high cliff above, and he has gathered just enough strength to pull himself onto its rocky banks. He falls unconscious, only to awaken many hours later in the healing hut of a beautiful but reclusive Delaware maiden whose name, in English, translates to "Light of the Moon". . . .

--RedFraggle

*lol* That sounds just about right!! You had better get cracking Light ... we are waiting for the signed copies we know youre going to be sending our way!

As for writing ... *sigh* My dream occupation. It takes time and dedication though ... and time is something I dont really have much of these days.
quote:
On 2nd thought, I do look better in red than I do shirtless!

You should have left us to wonder!!

Lady of Glencairn

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 07 2006 :  11:50:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
[quote]Originally posted by RedFraggle

Wow, Light! Are you really writing a book?

NO PLEASE! KEEP WRITING!!!!!

Really cool that you edited stuff before. Can you shoot me a private message?

Lotte
Pathfinder

United Kingdom

August 08 2006

Posted - November 07 2006 :  12:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

(SNIPPED)

Huron, oui; Anglais, non! On 2nd thought, I do look better in red than I do shirtless!

You'd have to practise the accent mind you. Lol. Otherwise certain people might not be able to understand you!

"The whole world's on fire, isn't it?"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 07 2006 :  1:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

Hey Obi just post your "shirtless" pic on here and let us girls decide...heehee. What you say to that friend

IG

wes1761
Pathfinder

Me in Ranger Green
USA

April 06 2006

Posted - November 08 2006 :  12:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit wes1761's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow! This thread took an unexpected turn!! Shirtless people and such, new screen plays, dang!! Everyone on the board should brainstorm together and come up with the ultimate story! Massive amounts of greymatter here!! Just don't start bashing Kilts!!! lol

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 08 2006 :  1:05:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Wes I love kilts especially if you go "regimental"...heehee.

IG
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Divine Intervention Topic Next Topic: Another blooper?  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.47 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07