The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 11:29:00 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Divine Intervention
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Chingachgook... Topic Next Topic: Have you guys seen this??
Page: of 2

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
December 18 2004

Posted - October 09 2006 :  9:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you were in the film, lets say as a peasant or NA in the background, what scene would you intervene to stop a catrastophy from happening
or would you join in and add to it?

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!
report to moderator

Lotte
Pathfinder

United Kingdom

August 08 2006

Posted - October 10 2006 :  5:15:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well to start with, Magua would just have to die before he killed Uncas.

If I'd been there then there would have been none of this innocent romance between Uncas and Alice. Let's just say that when they were hiding from the Hurons under the waterfall, Alice might have had a little tumble over the falls so that I could spend some 'quality time' with Uncas lol...

If I wasn't being so self centred then I'd say that I would have to have helped Colonel Munro before Magua got the opportunity to cut his heart out.

The Ambush and the Massacre are tragic but they're consequences of war - you can't save everyone, and anywho I choose to save Uncas as I'm sure many of you out there would.

My wicked twin is telling me that I probs would have danced round the Huron fire whilst Duncan was being burnt alive ... only joking...

"The whole world's on fire, isn't it?"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 11 2006 :  10:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So...did Hurons have marshmallows?

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 11 2006 :  11:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LOL Obi thanks for the laugh I sure needed it.

Your mind works in a strange way but I love it. Used to have Mountain Man to tease us ladies about Uncas but he deserted us Not sure where he went but now we have you to keep us on our Uncas toes.

Psst.......you really are a nice ole geezer

IG

Lotte
Pathfinder

United Kingdom

August 08 2006

Posted - October 12 2006 :  1:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

Lol, you got me on that one!

"The whole world's on fire, isn't it?"

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 13 2006 :  09:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Hey sweet old man, have a freshly twiddled stick!
(Sorry Irish...figured if you were kissing Obi I'd follow suit! LOL)

Lotte...I like the whole push Alice (I mean watch her tumble) into the waterfall approach!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 14 2006 :  09:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would have warned John Cameron about war parties ...

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - October 15 2006 :  08:28:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmmm...

This is a tough one, if I only get to pick *one* scene. I think I might have to be contrary to Obediah and Lotte and say I'd intervene to save Duncan. Really, no one deserves being burnt alive (ick!), and I think Duncan's not really so bad after all. I think he just doesn't know how to deal with rejection very well . . . or at all.

Then again, the idea of bumping off Alice to have your own under-the-waterfall tryst sounds pretty appealing. :)

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 15 2006 :  1:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well I think I would like to appear with a big rope at the scene right before Uncas taps Chingy on the shoulder and takes off like a "madman" up the cliffside. I would tie him to the tree so he could not run off to his death and also the thought of "tying up" Uncas rather appeals to me...heehee. Oh, the possibilities Ladies.....I can only dream.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 18 2006 :  3:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Actually...that is exactly what I imagined you'd say Irish. Scary...we're beginning to think alike. Obi - watch out!

I can see it now...
LOTM runs into the woodlands atop the steep mountain incline to find Irish tying Uncas to a tree with a rope. Suddenly, LOTM whips out Hawkeye's gun (that she swiped to save Uncas) and shoots at Irish causing her to flee for safety. Quickly she runs over and frees Uncas and then holds him and Ching. at gunpoint and orders them to go to the valley far below...
When they descended appox. halfway down the slopes Irish pops out and whacks LOTM with a BIG STICK and runs away with the men, her mechanical laughter filling the air!!!!!

Once again..if only LOTM hadn't been so stingy Irish would have been happy to split the difference and allow Ching to leave with her once good friend.

Damn! I came out on the end even in my own writing!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 18 2006 :  3:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
lol that was amazing. Truly enjoyed the scenario that took place in that twisted little head of yours LOTM I especially liked the ending running off with those two handsome guys and all for little ole me Heck I would never clobber you with that BIG STICK though . We could always share know what I mean

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 18 2006 :  8:55:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't know if you'd spare the stick since I shot at you. (Ooops! Itchy trigger finger!)
Anyway, it was worth a laugh!

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - October 31 2006 :  09:26:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oooooh ... Ive missed some more fantasizing by the Uncas group of admirers ... LOL Ladies, like IG said, the possibilites are endless!!

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 31 2006 :  09:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Lady where have you been friend? We missed you on the board. Welcome back. Our Uncas numbers were dwindling there for a while.

IG

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 31 2006 :  12:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

Actually...that is exactly what I imagined you'd say Irish. Scary...we're beginning to think alike. Obi - watch out!

I can see it now...
LOTM runs into the woodlands atop the steep mountain incline to find Irish tying Uncas to a tree with a rope. Suddenly, LOTM whips out Hawkeye's gun (that she swiped to save Uncas) and shoots at Irish causing her to flee for safety. Quickly she runs over and frees Uncas and then holds him and Ching. at gunpoint and orders them to go to the valley far below...
When they descended appox. halfway down the slopes Irish pops out and whacks LOTM with a BIG STICK and runs away with the men, her mechanical laughter filling the air!!!!!

Once again..if only LOTM hadn't been so stingy Irish would have been happy to split the difference and allow Ching to leave with her once good friend.

Damn! I came out on the end even in my own writing!

What is even scarier is that the two of you are thinking along the same lines as me! With the obvious boy/girl differences, of course.

Moonie me girl, what exactly is "mechanical" laughter? Are you saying that Irish is a robot??...or did you mean "maniacal" laughter? Now you're saying she's a maniac?? Just watch out for that stick she's packing, even though it's from Kain-tuck-ee. How do I know that, you ask; simple, written right on it are the words "Lousiville Slugger!"

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - November 01 2006 :  05:06:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Hey Lady where have you been friend? We missed you on the board. Welcome back. Our Uncas numbers were dwindling there for a while.

Ive been such a busy bee of late ... but Ive got things under control (for now) so Im back!!

Lady of Glencairn

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 02 2006 :  12:23:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by Light of the Moon

Actually...that is exactly what I imagined you'd say Irish.

Moonie me girl, what exactly is "mechanical" laughter? Are you saying that Irish is a robot??...or did you mean "maniacal" laughter? Now you're saying she's a maniac?? Just watch out for that stick she's packing, even though it's from Kain-tuck-ee. How do I know that, you ask; simple, written right on it are the words "Lousiville Slugger!"

Yes, she is a robot. One of my own bidding! Robot by day, maniac by night!
If she were packin' a "SDF Slugger" I wouldn't have gave a warning shot!
Love ya' Igirl! Just having a little fun. Remember Obi started it!

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 02 2006 :  11:37:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's right; blame the old man!

Hey, if we can't insult our friends, who can we insult?

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 02 2006 :  12:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Light he just wants to see a "girlfight" 'ole geezer that he is right Obi?? Show me where the mudpit is I'm game.....heehee her mechanical laughter fills the air.

IG

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 02 2006 :  10:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Catfight! Catfight!" And all the great warriors come running from miles around.

Mechanical laughter? Reminds me of Oz...(he says in his best WC Fields imitation)

"Oil can..."

"Oil can what?"

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 04 2006 :  12:57:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think we need to pull Obi into the mud pit with us, Irish. Although I don't think that would serve it's purpose.

<<In a MECHANICAL voice Light chuckles Ha-Ha Ha-Ha-ha to both of you!

This is why my book is being edited! So double . One for each of ya'!

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - November 07 2006 :  07:05:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I disappear and when I return the ladies here are dragging poor unsuspecting Obi into a mud pit with them?!

Whip him!! *lol*

Lady of Glencairn

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 07 2006 :  12:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Glencairn

I disappear and when I return the ladies here are dragging poor unsuspecting Obi into a mud pit with them?!

Whip him!! *lol*

Plan to!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 07 2006 :  1:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Glencairn

Whip him!! *lol*

Plan to!

Getting all excited Obi We're gonna git ya friend

IG

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 07 2006 :  7:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ya know, visualizing that mudpit+ladies is so...astounding...that I'm at a loss for words! At least, words I can post on a public forum!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 07 2006 :  10:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Obi you have me in stitches right now. You crack me up sometimes. God love ya even if you are a GEEZER.

IG
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Chingachgook... Topic Next Topic: Have you guys seen this??  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.61 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07