The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 7:22:27 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Another blooper?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Have you guys seen this?? Topic Next Topic: Uncas Hotter than Hawkeye  

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 20 2006 :  3:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I searched all the blooper-related threads, but couldn't find any mention of the following: During the Elk Hunt...Hawkeye aims...the music stops...Hawkeye fires...the primer flashes in the pan (cut to elk) the elk falls (cut back to Hawkeye) hey, waitaminit! theres NO smoke coming from the muzzle!!! So just how does he shoot Bambi with an empty rifle?
report to moderator

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - August 20 2006 :  3:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another thing. Webb says the French haven't the nature for war. This is the same Webb that burned Fort Bull in 1756 after Montcalm took Osewgo, and then ran as fast as he could back toward Albany?

Oh well, it's just a Hollywood script, I guess.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

raindrops
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

March 25 2006

Posted - August 20 2006 :  3:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here's the list of bloopers you can find on this website: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104691/goofs

Sorry if I'm repeating what's been already written in other threads.

quote:

Goofs for
The Last of the Mohicans (1992)

* Anachronisms: Telephone pole visible on the left side of the screen when the argument over the burial takes place.

* Crew or equipment visible: Diver visible at the bottom of the waterfall.

* Crew or equipment visible: After Fort William Henry has surrendered, the assistant director is visible at the bottom of the screen, wearing a blue baseball cap and waving a megaphone.

* Crew or equipment visible: Helicopter visible hovering over the action in the first canoe escape waterfall scene before they plunge over the edge.

* Revealing mistakes: Gray rock-textured canvas, presumably covering modern trail signs or graffiti, is clearly visible in final scenes. Hawkeye bumps a canvas while running through underpass, and a larger portion is visible as he returns to embrace Cora after Magua's death.

* Continuity: Hawkeye shoots a Huron who drops his gun. The gun falls off of a rock and then in the next shot reappears on the rock for Hawkeye to grab as he runs by.

* Crew or equipment visible: If you look very carefully during the opening, just as the elk emerges from the trees, you can see a man wearing a red hat, moving right next to the elk.

* Audio/visual unsynchronized: When Major Heyward's company enters the forest for the first time, the drum tempo does not match the marching of the soldiers.

* Revealing mistakes: When Chingachgook hits Magua's arm with the war club, the club bends, showing that it was actually rubber.

* Audio/visual unsynchronized: Duncan can be heard translating one of the lines from French before it is spoken.

* Anachronisms: As the British are leaving Fort William Henry, two buses are visible in the background as the British General rides by.

* Anachronisms: When the British leave the Fort, a propane gas bottle, a plastic box and bucket made of stainless steel can be seen as the soldiers go down the ramp.

* Continuity: During the messenger runner sequence, the sky above Hawkeye and the others changes between shots, showing different cloud patterns and periods of twilight.

* Continuity: When Cora is in the bedroom with Alice, her hair in braid over her right shoulder, in the next, it is over her left shoulder.

* Continuity: During the scene at Fort William Henry where the colonials are arguing with General Munro about releasing them to go back to their farms, Cora is shown standing in a doorway. In the first scene where she is first shown, the doorway is over her left shoulder. In the subsequent scene, the doorway is over her right shoulder and she ultimately exits through this doorway.

* Continuity: When the party going to Fort William Henry is attacked, Alice's hair is pinned up in a complex pattern. However, a few minutes later her hair is completely down and there is no evidence that it was ever done up at all.

* Anachronisms: When Hawkeye is hunting at the beginning of the movie, there is a chain link fence in the background.

* Continuity: As they are climbing rocks along the river, Uncas looks back at Alice. His earring has changed sides. (The shot was flopped)

* Continuity: Maj. Duncan delivers a dispatch to Gen. Web. After he reads it, Gen. Web puts it completely rolled up and straight ahead in front of him. Subsequently it appears placed crosswise and a little open.

* Anachronisms: The flag flown by the British troops is the current version of the Union Flag, including the diagonal red stripes. The 18th century flag included only the crosses of St. George (England) and St. Andrew (Scotland), but did not include the cross of St.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 20 2006 :  5:36:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WOW! Raindrops, you're on it (and several others apparently). I want you to know you struck my curiosity so that I printed off a copy of your post and will now watch the LOTM to see it for myself.
Thanks![<:)]

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 20 2006 :  5:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey, what's happened to our icons?

Oh! Now it's working!

raindrops
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

March 25 2006

Posted - August 21 2006 :  4:56:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

WOW! Raindrops, you're on it (and several others apparently). I want you to know you struck my curiosity so that I printed off a copy of your post and will now watch the LOTM to see it for myself.

You welcome, Light.

So - how did it go? Have my list turned out to be true?

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 23 2006 :  1:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well...back to Hawkeye and that danged rifle of his. He's supposedly shooting a long rifle of approx. .40 cal, firing a patched round lead ball. Now, at 10 yards, he might be able to blow a hole right through a person, but at 300-400 yards? NO WAY! Round balls don't penetrate all that well and at that distance it would really slow down, not blast along at Mach 1 and punch clear through the poor sap chasing the courier...this isn't a 30-06 FMJ, for pete's sake!

And on a related rant...it doesn't matter if the courier got through or not, since the French had already blocked the road to Ft. George (or whatever its name was) and if Webb had marched to the rescue, he would have just walked right into another French ambush!

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - August 23 2006 :  2:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And the earliest long-barrel rifle (this excludes Jaegers) that can be positively documented dates to 1761. Anything before that time (excluding Jaegers) would have been a smoothbore. I have heard a lot of claims about long distance shots with a Jaeger, so maybe they would have done the job, but his gun most assuredly is not one.

Batawana
Pioneer

The Kiss 2
USA

April 03 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 23 2006 :  9:41:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
you all always know the most interesting facts.
Carolyn B

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 10 2006 :  10:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Once again, another complaint about good ol' Hawkeye and his "rifle." If the rifle ball would penetrate the guy chasing the courier at Ft. Wm. Henry, why wouldn't it penetrate Duncan (aka "The Brit on the Barbie") while he was roasting over that Huron fire?

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - October 11 2006 :  01:20:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I thought it did.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 11 2006 :  09:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by raindrops

quote:

You welcome, Light.

So - how did it go? Have my list turned out to be true?

Took a while getting back to you, huh?
Unbelievably I only saw it once in the past two months (Please forgive me) and the last time I did I couldn't find the list.
Well, Irishgirl and Raindrops now have my curiosity struck on the LOTM Trivia Thread so I'm going to watch it again and I'm reprinting the bloopers list. Sorry!

wes1761
Pathfinder

Me in Ranger Green
USA

April 06 2006

Posted - October 30 2006 :  10:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit wes1761's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have a .40 cal Longrifle my Dad built, and I finished. It's a great shooter, but to down the Elk....I dont know. Here in Missouri, .40 is the MINIMUM caliber allowed for primitive black powder season. I prefer my Long Land for big animals, the .40 works perfect for busytails though. I am sure it would probably drop a human though, with a proper load. We carry .40 cal sidearms for work. Just my 2 pence.

Respectfully,

Wes

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 31 2006 :  4:04:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fitzhugh Williams

I thought it did.

Well, I guess I'll just have to go back & watch it again, just to make sure, won't I?

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - November 01 2006 :  05:39:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Im doing the same things as well!!

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 02 2006 :  12:14:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fitzhugh Williams

Another thing. Webb says the French haven't the nature for war. This is the same Webb that burned Fort Bull in 1756 after Montcalm took Osewgo, and then ran as fast as he could back toward Albany?

Oh well, it's just a Hollywood script, I guess.

Probably a cruel irony. Life's full them.
Remember the famous quote with the Titanic?
"God himself could not sink this ship."
Well.........

A good can of french Whoop-A is all Webb needed to humble himself a bit. Let's face it, the english had too high an opinoin of themselves to begin with.

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 02 2006 :  12:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And they still do!!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 02 2006 :  11:12:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
For the most part I do agree but I have to admit I've met some very kind englishmen/women. They were absolutely delightful to talk to and had a great sense of humor.
It's amazing to think how a handful of kind people can make a difference.

Here's to them!

Lotte
Pathfinder

United Kingdom

August 08 2006

Posted - November 02 2006 :  1:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

And they still do!!

Naturally and vice versa!

quote:
For the most part I do agree but I have to admit I've met some very kind englishmen/women. They were absolutely delightful to talk to and had a great sense of humor.
It's amazing to think how a handful of kind people can make a difference.
Here's to them!

Can you explain your opinion a bit more? We are just humans, exactly the same so why shouldn't we be kind, and have a great sense of humour? You can't paint every single English person with the same brush. That would be as bad as us thinking of all Americans as being like George Bush for example (I'm not insulting George Bush here), which, by the way, we don't.

Sorry that this might come across as defensive but your post could be taken as quite offensive even though I'm sure this isn't your intent.

"The whole world's on fire, isn't it?"

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 02 2006 :  10:23:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, was this thread about the British? I thought it was about the French!

BTW, I'M JUST KIDDING! Lord knows I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, least of all our Anglo-Franco friends! Kidding is my way of being kind...

Lotte
Pathfinder

United Kingdom

August 08 2006

Posted - November 03 2006 :  11:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Oh, was this thread about the British? I thought it was about the French!

BTW, I'M JUST KIDDING! Lord knows I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, least of all our Anglo-Franco friends! Kidding is my way of being kind...

There's been some confusion here, which is my fault as I didn't make my last post all that clear.

You haven't offended me; I know you were kidding that's why I replied to your post 'And they still do!!' with 'Naturally and vice versa'.

The second part of my post wasn't directed at you; I just wanted to know what Light of the Moon meant in her post.

All's good.

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 03 2006 :  1:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So it really is the French!

Haven't we had this kind of misunderstanding before...must be your British accent!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 04 2006 :  12:50:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Obi, will you ever behave?
If not that's okay.

Lotte,
Meant no disrespect that is why I pointed out that not all are bad.
There are bad apples in every basket. Plain truth. That's just the way the world is.
To your defense it was the "And they still do." comment that made me state that I have met some that were wonderful people that I am glad I have met. I haven't met the English populace as a whole, only a scant few, but I still wouldn't judge them in that way.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, Love. Glad you took it as tongue in cheek. Which once again proves my point that there are good ones out there. I'm not a prejudice person in the least. In fact, I am the extreme opposite, which really stirs things up here in the tri-state.
To explain my comment I was talking back in the day when they thought the world to be england, certainly not present day society. Sorry for the mix up.

Lotte
Pathfinder

United Kingdom

August 08 2006

Posted - November 07 2006 :  12:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

So it really is the French!

Haven't we had this kind of misunderstanding before...must be your British accent!

Yeah, lol, 'a breed apart and we make no sense?!'

Like I said before Light, all's good!

Previous Topic: Have you guys seen this?? Topic Next Topic: Uncas Hotter than Hawkeye  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.55 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07