The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/6/2024 11:26:59 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 The missing love scene
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Michael Mann Comes Full Circle Topic Next Topic: Ranking LOTM among Michael Manns films  

Ongewasgone
Pioneer

Gothic Guy 2
Italy

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
September 17 2002

Posted - October 02 2002 :  2:52:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ongewasgone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, I need your help!

Please answer:
Who know why the love scene between Uncas and Alice has been cut out?

I need to know the right answer, because I must explain to some people the reasons why, in my opinion, they cut out it.
I think they did so, because Jodhi May (or her mother) didn't want that that scene would be put in the final cut. In fact, Jodhi May has never filmed any nude scenes up to now. But if she didn't want, I wonder why she filmed it!

Thank you for collaborating,
Ongewasgone.

report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 02 2002 :  6:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ongewasgone ...

There was no "sex" scene ever filmed. It was merely an extended version of what you see in the film. No way Jodhi May does a nude scene back in 1991. It never happened! There is no footage to depict that because it was never shot.

All educated guesses point to Michael Mann's desire to keep the Hawkeye/Cora romance in the forefront - as I believe it should be - as to why the Uncas/Alice "romance" was not further developed.

Clear it up any?
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - October 03 2002 :  06:22:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I believe that the Uncas/Alice scene was an integral to the plo of the story. I mean, through most of the film Chingachgook is running around in the wilderness protecting Alice, then Uncas decides, out-of-the blue, to to go rescue her from the Hurons as Chingachgook sits under a tree. Then Uncas battles Magua for her all because she looks mighty fine before climbing the rocks by the falls? Maybe he wanted Alice's suicide to look like she did it to get away from Magua rather than killing herself over Uncas's death. Only MM knows for sure. BTW, how do you cut and paste from previous posts, I can't get it to do that....

Keneta
"Never reveal your name.
Never turn your back.
Never surrender your
heart."
-The Saint

Doc M
Great Quack Healer of the Frontier

Wicked Unicorn
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - October 03 2002 :  12:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't let Ricardo fool you, Ongewasgone! He in fact has the
complete Alice/Uncas love scene on video tape, which was
stolen from Michal Mann's vault by Geraldo Rivera, and
which was passed along to him because he and Geraldo are
distantly related -- I believe from a fourth cousin twice-
removed named "Cheech." The scene starts out something
like this:

ALICE: Hey, big boy!

UNCAS: *smoldering look.*

ALICE: How come ya earring keeps movin' around to different
ears, huh???

UNCAS: *smolder smolder smolder*

ALICE: So, ya wanna go look at the burial ground wit' me,
or what? *wink! wink!*

UNCAS: Some food.

ALICE: Huh????

This is all I am allowed to reveal at the moment, but it beats
me all to hoo-ha why this was cut from the final version.
Right Rich? Rich?? Hey, bro -- you're turning that funny purple
color again! Best you stop by the Mohicanland Clinic for a slug
of one of the Doc's patented soothing syrups.

Kissys!

Doc M

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 03 2002 :  1:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Leave my family out of it, Demented One!!!

[Though I anxiously await your sequel! ]

Ongewasgone
Pioneer

Gothic Guy 2
Italy

September 17 2002

Posted - October 03 2002 :  2:07:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ongewasgone's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich,
maybe I didn't explain well what I wanted to know, but you know, I'm not American, English or, however, I don't come from an English-speaking country. So, even if my English isn't very good, please try to understand what I mean by my messages.
I had no intention to insinuate that the scene I asked information about was a sex scene. Absolutely not, I just knew that. But, sincerely, I don't think that in English (as in Italian), a love scene is synonymous of a sex scene. For example, a lot of English people (who watched the movie) talked to me about "The Kiss" as a love scene, but all we know that there aren't any sex images in it.
So, I'm sorry if I didn't explain well what I wanted to know, but if you guys think that I don't speak an English which is good enought to give me the possibility to post any other messages, just let me know.
Ongewasgone.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 03 2002 :  6:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey, no problem at all, Ongewasgone!!!! Most of us English speaking people can't speak English either!!!!

I thought you meant a "sex" scene only because you mentioned nudity ... had nothing to do with your English speaking capabilities ... You're doing fine, Ongy!

Stick around!

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - October 03 2002 :  7:37:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey, Doc M, you made Uncas sound like he couldn't speak English. To the contrary, remember Hawkeye telling Cora that Chingachgook had sent them to school where they learned English? Uncas, gorgeous and brave warrior that he was, would have said this in the missing scene:

"Alice, you honor me with your attentions and the fact that you contine to pull your dress hem up over your ankles." (smouldering look). "Let us go back further into the cave so that I may teach you the wonders of kissing and groping without removing my breech clout nor you raising your dress hem past your knees."

(Alice swoons. Uncas carries her back into the cave)

Keneta
"Never reveal your name.
Never turn your back.
Never surrender your
heart."
-The Saint

Ongewasgone
Pioneer

Gothic Guy 2
Italy

September 17 2002

Posted - October 05 2002 :  3:49:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ongewasgone's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Rich, tell me the truth...
Have you ever seen that scene?

sidony
Pioneer

June 21 2002

Posted - October 05 2002 :  10:25:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ongewasgone, I think they cut the love scene is because it would have been out of place. We know, from a previous shot of Uncas looking at Alice, that Uncas is attracted to her, but we have no indication that she is attracted to him. If had started kissing her under the waterfalls, and if she had let him, it would just seem as if their mutual attraction had materialised out of nowhere! Some people think that the Hawkeye and Cora romance is rather sudden, and they were exchanging lingering glances long before the kiss!

Keneta, I don't think the absence of the Alice/Uncas scene negatively affects the plot. If anything, I think it's the understated nature of their romance that is moving. It's obvious that Uncas had feelings for her, and that she begins to feel something for him towards the end. The ambiguity about Alice's reasons for jumping off the cliff is interesing, in my opinion.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 06 2002 :  05:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ongewasgone:
Hey Rich, tell me the truth...
Have you ever seen that scene?

Nope ... honest!!!!!

ChrisNC
Lost in the Wilderness

September 26 2002

Posted - October 06 2002 :  9:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The truth is that they had to delete the scene because of an earlier dialogue change. If you look real closely at Alice's lips when she is speaking in the scene at the fort where Duncan storms in and wakes her up, she very clearly says "naughty schoolgirl," not "invalid schoolgirl."

Having been to the English school, Uncas knew well the "naughty schoolgirl" fantasy (see Brittney's first video). Since the script was changed at the fort, the cave scene no longer had context and was removed. :-)

Ongewasgone
Pioneer

Gothic Guy 2
Italy

September 17 2002

Posted - October 07 2002 :  4:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ongewasgone's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Chris, how did you know that thing about the lips? I'm reading Jodhi's, sorry, Alice's lips from 5 minutes and I haven't succeed in understanding if she's really saying "naughty". IT MAKES ME SO NERVOUS!
Hey RICH, I've a question to ask you:can we only post images which are on this site when we write a topic?
You know, there's an image I'd like to show you...

Previous Topic: Michael Mann Comes Full Circle Topic Next Topic: Ranking LOTM among Michael Manns films  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.48 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07