The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 1:26:31 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Screencaps
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Poll: Duncan jumping Topic Next Topic: A question of a different kind....  

TBug
Pathfinder

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
August 16 2006

Posted - October 02 2006 :  2:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A dear friend of mine is looking for screencaps from the original vhs and the dvd both. Other than the ones shown here (which she has) do any of you know of any sites that have them? Thank you in advance!
report to moderator

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 20 2006 :  12:09:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't mind me...just trying to catch up to Irishgirl the Deerslayer!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - December 20 2006 :  03:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Maybe this is ignorant of me...but what's a screencap? Sorry....

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 20 2006 :  08:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'with you Red Fraggle....I have no idea what a screen cap is.

"I teach the dance...the passion is yours to find."

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 20 2006 :  11:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Uh-hu-huh
Just as clueless but no biggie...Irish I'm closing in!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 20 2006 :  1:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You are a woman on a mission Light.....if I post like crazy then maybe you'll never catch up...hahaha...heeheehee.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 20 2006 :  3:53:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There are over 2000 threads here girly and I'm not about to give in easily! Run you Cur, RUN!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 20 2006 :  7:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You're crazy but then again so am I. It's on girlfriend, it's on

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 20 2006 :  9:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OW! <<In an extremely winey voice Light says>> Quit hitting me!!!
Now...take THAT!
MU-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - December 21 2006 :  06:40:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Screen Capture ... one of these:

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - December 21 2006 :  07:24:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh! Screen CAPTURE. Got it. Thanks, Rich!

And here I was thinking that "screen cap" must be a special technical term for something I'd never heard of. Didn't even think about its being short for "capture." Seriously, I don't know where my mind is sometimes!

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 21 2006 :  08:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
At one time, I happened upon another website devoted to our movie that had tons of "captures" on it. Do you think I can find it now? Of course not.

I would suggest you go to Google and do an Image search, using different key words, but especially search on "Last Mohicans" and see what you come up with. You could also do searches on specific actors' names.

Hope this helps.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 21 2006 :  10:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

Screen Capture ... one of these:

Nice shot! I think I've seen this pic. before!
Oh yes, it brings back such memories. This is the time when I captured Nathaniel. I tried to kiss him and he butted me in the head with his gun and said, "I'm NOT Uncas! Get a hold on yourself, Miss!" and ran away!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - December 21 2006 :  10:25:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Now that I know what screen CAPS are, I decided to search for some on Google, as Wilderness Woman suggested. If anyone's interested, here are a few I've found:

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=99365147614948&item_id=7432&tab=6&date=390724174189815&anchor=1#topoftabs

Lots of Magua pics (of course) at: http://www.thestudigroup.com/gallery_lotm.html

If you go to www.hotflick.net, you can search for "mohicans" and get pages and pages of screen images listed by individual actor. There are, for example, 2 pages of Duncan, 4 of Cora, and (as 99% of the ladies on this site sigh in disappointment) only 1 of Uncas. Other characters are featured too, of course, including sort of minor ones like the Sachem and Col. Munro.

Good luck with them!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 21 2006 :  10:38:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Irish...go into the Wes Studi website that Red mentioned. There are two pics at Huron Land at the bottom left hand corner (side by side) zoom in on those and you get a good look of my mystery man. Ya' know that Hot NA man w/the long earing I keep going on about?(although he's not wearing it in this scene.)
I just love his facial features. Not as smooth as Uncas' mind you but still very yummy.

And I don't care what anyone else says - Magua is a very attractive guy. He make fierous look awesome.

Oh yeah, and there's another pic in the first site Red mentioned where Cora and Alice are being drug up to Huron land. Zoom in on it! I think Cora is checking out the goods! Even looks like she's saying, "Ohhhhhh!" Not that either of us could blame her. Nathaniel, Uncas and all I know we'd both still take a look ourselves if we were in her shoes.

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - December 21 2006 :  10:58:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Oh yeah, and there's another pic in the first site Red mentioned where Cora and Alice are being drug up to Huron land. Zoom in on it! I think Cora is checking out the goods!

Hmmm...where are Cora's eyes in this pic? Totally agree, Light!

By the by, if you click on the "Jodhi May picture" link at hotflick, you get an image of Uncas with his arm around her under the falls.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 21 2006 :  11:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

[quote]Originally posted by Light of the Moon

Don't mind me...just trying to catch up to Irishgirl the Deerslayer!

Hey Irish! I'm gaining on ya'!

Thanks Red! It's nice to have another partner in crime!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 21 2006 :  11:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

quote:
Oh yeah, and there's another pic in the first site Red mentioned where Cora and Alice are being drug up to Huron land. Zoom in on it! I think Cora is checking out the goods!

Hmmm...where are Cora's eyes in this pic? Totally agree, Light!

By the by, if you click on the "Jodhi May picture" link at hotflick, you get an image of Uncas with his arm around her under the falls.

Now why would I want to see that!

Oh by the way...I CAUGHT UP TO YOUR STATUS IRISH...JUST 17 MORE TO GO TO WASTE YA'!
MU-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!
MU-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 21 2006 :  11:24:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Darn it, you got up to me. Well you just made Deerslayer (in your case should be manslayer) but what the heck. I am still posts ahead of you so there........

I will check out those pics as they sound absolutely yummy... especially the Uncas/Alice one but that will only bring jealousy to the surface I fear.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 21 2006 :  11:26:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Irish, you are from this point forward forever known as BAMBI!

Just kidding!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 21 2006 :  11:41:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

Irish, you are from this point forward forever known as BAMBI!

Geeze now she wants to kill me

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 21 2006 :  3:50:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That is what a deerslayer does isn't it?

All that aside...you're fun to spar with!

By the way did you see the pics?

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 21 2006 :  10:02:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I discovered that I had bookmarked the website I was referring to, so here is the link. http://members.fortunecity.com/jodhimay/index.html

The site is actually devoted to Jodhi May, but in the middle of the home page you will see links to 5 sets of pictures, labeled The Last of the Mohicans. A lot of the shots are repetitious, but you may find some good ones.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 21 2006 :  11:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for the website guidance WW!

ATTN all Uncas lovers: Check this site out!!

Previous Topic: Poll: Duncan jumping Topic Next Topic: A question of a different kind....  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.45 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07