The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/11/2024 12:23:56 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Hawkeye a pig?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: the book OR the movie? Topic Next Topic: For all Magua admirers..
Page: of 3

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
December 18 2004

Posted - November 29 2006 :  09:22:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

Image Insert:

5.89 KB

Dead Collector: He says he's not dead.
Man Carrying Body: Yes he is.
"Dead" Man: I'm not.
Dead Collector: He isn't.
Man Carrying Body: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
"Dead" Man: I'm getting better.
Man Carrying Body: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment....
"Dead" Man: I feel fine.... I think I'll go for a walk.... I feel happy. I feel happy!
[Whack!]

Oh! Agony, agony, agony. <<Hand reaches up with fingers curled>> WHYYYYYYYYYY????? Then bllpphht.

Sorry I couldn't resist!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 04 2006 :  2:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

..... I got to thinking...some three hundred years later and men haven't changed that much, they see a woman that fascinates them and they have to look over the package. No offense guys!

OTOH, this thread should be sub-titled "Why Women Wear Makeup!"

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 08 2006 :  12:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why we wear it so we can look good!
As for me...that's pretty much it. Just like to look good. Picture perfect!
But maybe I'm outside the norm...I just can't see making myself look better to please someone else. It's the whole "take it or leave it" policy.

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 11 2006 :  09:11:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't think it was bad that Hawkeye "sized" Cora up at the burial grounds. The way I see it, in that time period women were married young and immediately started families. Not to sound down on my own gender but their purpose seemed to be mainly to serve as breeders...of course a man is going to look a woman up and down to decide if he wants her to have his children. It did, however seem a little disturbing to me that he chose a burial ground to be the place where he checks out the goods! But I suppose in their situation he didn't have too much of a choice as to where or when he was going to notice her.

"I teach the dance...the passion is yours to find."

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 11 2006 :  12:50:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dancer

I don't think it was bad that Hawkeye "sized" Cora up at the burial grounds. The way I see it, in that time period women were married young and immediately started families. Not to sound down on my own gender but their purpose seemed to be mainly to serve as breeders...of course a man is going to look a woman up and down to decide if he wants her to have his children. It did, however seem a little disturbing to me that he chose a burial ground to be the place where he checks out the goods! But I suppose in their situation he didn't have too much of a choice as to where or when he was going to notice her.

Why are women's feet smaller than men's? ... So they can stand closer to the kitchen sink!

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 11 2006 :  3:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I should have none I was opening myself up for ridicule on that one!!!!! Oh well, I can take it!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 11 2006 :  11:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's cute Obi, really it is.
While we're tossing around one liners...

What's the difference between men and women and midnight snacking?

Men will go see what's in the fridge and then go to bed. Women see what's in bed and then go to the fridge!!!!!

So much for breeding!
Get away Pervert!

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 12 2006 :  12:21:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ha ha ha ha ha! Never thought of that but it is definitely true for a lot of women! Oh and I don't think any woman out there today would willingly accept the duty of being a breeder!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 12 2006 :  12:56:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would if Uncas, Ching, or that hot background huron guy was asking!

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 12 2006 :  1:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't think I would want to breed with Ching but I would definitely serve as a breeder for Uncas!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - December 12 2006 :  1:33:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Obediah [quote] Why are women's feet smaller than men's? ... So they can stand closer to the kitchen sink! [quote]

Sooo...what does that mean for my size tens?

And why does this "reply with quote" thing never work for me?

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 12 2006 :  1:40:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ditto...I wear a 9 1/2!!!!! Guess we don't belong in the kitchen Red fraggle!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 12 2006 :  3:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dancer

I don't think I would want to breed with Ching but I would definitely serve as a breeder for Uncas!

Add my name to that list and as for the "seeing what's in the bed and going to the fridge thing" not if it was Uncas in the bed. To hell with the food then I would snack on Uncas instead

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 13 2006 :  09:23:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hanible? Is that you?

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 13 2006 :  09:37:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Hanible? Is that you?

Well I am partial to "sausage"

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 13 2006 :  09:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - January 12 2007 :  4:41:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ya' know I just love this thread. We are bad, bad girls Irish, Red and me.
So anymore comments on the "breeder era"? Come on guys we'll take you on! (So much for the weaker species)

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - January 12 2007 :  11:57:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

[quote]Originally posted by Dancer

To hell with the food then I would snack on Uncas instead

Snacking? Hmmm . . . Ala Hannibal (as Light said), or perhaps ala "9 1/2 Weeks"?

Sorry. Just being a little !

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - January 14 2007 :  10:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Didn't think of that! Good one, Red!
Ya' know after the one liners I expected more man versus women thing but there it is.
I guess they just got wise and let us be (for once).

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 15 2007 :  2:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

And why does this "reply with quote" thing never work for me?

It looks to me like you are deleting out a character that html needs to complete the quote. The very last thing should be this: [/quote] I think you are leaving out the slash which tells it to "end quote."

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - January 15 2007 :  2:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gosh, I just found this thread!? Am admittedly still learning my away around in cyber-space! Loved reading everybody's comments (the guys and the girls)! Maybe I am really naive, or missed the subtext or something, but I just thought that look Hawkeye gave Cora was sooo sexy! (And a lot of folks would definitely consider me a feminist)! Also thanks for the tip, WW! I was having the same problem with the quote thing...

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - January 18 2007 :  12:05:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Still think I'd prefer to see Uncas do a double take (not just his doll)It's the least he owes us. Nearly broke my neck the first time I saw him in the movie! A little payback wouldn't hurt.

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - January 18 2007 :  12:21:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Still think I'd prefer to see Uncas do a double take (not just his doll)It's the least he owes us. Nearly broke my neck the first time I saw him in the movie! A little payback wouldn't hurt.

Yeah, Light... you do have a point there! I admit I am also a big Hawkeye fan; but still - nothing like the reaction when I first got a good look at Uncas. It was kind of embarassing because I was sitting in a movie theater next to my husband (then fiancee), and my jaw dropped, and it was all I could do not to say, "Oh My Gawd!" out loud!? We were with another couple too, since we went to dinner and a movie to celebrate my birthday. Well, that is one birthday I will never forget!!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - January 19 2007 :  8:10:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Seeing Uncas on the bigscreen for your Birthday. Yep...that would be great. I'm envious.

What's really funny is I dated this guy that was a dead-ringer for a younger Hawkeye. No joke, all the girls in HS hated me for snagging him up. (He's MINE..ha-ha-ha...ALL MINE!!!!)
Anyway...we went to the movie and when Uncas came on screen I did say, "OMG! He is sooooooooo HOT!"
The guy laughed and said he hoped I wouldn't get mad if he said that about another girl. I told him as long as it wasn't his ex he could live.

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - January 19 2007 :  10:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wilderness Woman
It looks to me like you are deleting out a character that html needs to complete the quote.

Thanks, WW! I think that may have been my problem. Now I know!
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: the book OR the movie? Topic Next Topic: For all Magua admirers..  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.48 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07