The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/12/2024 7:29:01 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 choose the one to save
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Greetings from Finland! Topic Next Topic: Which Alice/Uncas part would you like to expand?
Page: of 2

zinvor
Pioneer

Huron 2
Armenia

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2006

Posted - June 11 2006 :  3:12:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
If you had a chance to save the life of only one character then who would it be?

Choices:

Unkas
Alice
Magua
Col. Monro
Duncan
The poor guy who was smiling at Magua and was the first to be smashed with his tomahawk (George road
The wounded soldier from under the falls
Someone else

report to moderator

raindrops
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

March 25 2006

Posted - June 11 2006 :  3:25:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, it didn't take long for me to decide who I wanted to vote for. I still can't get over the cruel fate that awaited Uncas at the cliffs.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

zinvor
Pioneer

Huron 2
Armenia

May 13 2006

Posted - June 11 2006 :  3:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I guess I'd also choose Unkas for that was a real loss to all of us.

But I feel very sorry for the poor English boy who was terminated in such a sudden way! At least he was smiling... like ancient Greeks did before dieing.

nekutmeqwanoc
Pathfinder

Fascism
USA

June 10 2006

Posted - June 11 2006 :  3:39:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i voted for uncas.he seemed to have a long life to live and it was cut short.besides him or alice it would have to be the poor english guy who got his face smashed in.

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 11 2006 :  10:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I had to go with Magua.

zinvor
Pioneer

Huron 2
Armenia

May 13 2006

Posted - June 12 2006 :  11:05:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well i'm glad! I was afraid Unkas would win all the voices!

Magua is one of my favorites and i'd choose him if the scene of his death wasn't so beautiful.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 12 2006 :  12:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My beloved Uncas of course. There could be no other choice for me.

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - June 12 2006 :  12:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'd save two birds with one stone so to speak....Uncas, and in turn Alice too.....

Uncas: "some food"

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 13 2006 :  01:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I voted "Someone else" because I would choose the lovely Alexandra Cameron!

We become what we think about.

zinvor
Pioneer

Huron 2
Armenia

May 13 2006

Posted - June 21 2006 :  07:14:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Woods

I voted "Someone else" because I would choose the lovely Alexandra Cameron!

and kill her husband so she could stay with Uncas?

Lurking Huron5000
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - June 23 2006 :  10:08:01 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Uncas because he is some hot stuff, brave, hot, gold-hearted, hot, the list goes on!!! Plus his death deeply saddened me so UNCAS!!

oxUncasLuvrxo

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - June 29 2006 :  01:24:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
C'mon, without a doubt my choice is Uncas!!

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

Christina
Deerslayer

Vampire
USA

May 27 2002

Posted - June 29 2006 :  1:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christina's Homepage  Send Christina an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I voted for Magua. But then I always have been a sucker for the bad boys!

See this face? This is the face of a woman on the edge.
Whoopi Goldberg, "Jumping Jack Flash"

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - July 03 2006 :  6:04:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Geeeeeze, anyone would think this board only has female members and we all love Uncas!!!!!!!! hee hee hee

I would save him purely for Chingy. He looked in so much pain when he saw him go over the edge.

I remember the first time I saw this movie and saw that scene! OMG I couldn't believe it. Not because I thought he was hot but because he was the second last of the Mohicans.

They are all there, but one.
I, Chingachgook, Last of the Mohicans.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 04 2006 :  4:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh come on Leylana, fess up, it was really because he was sizzling hot and finger lickin' good at least that is how I felt about that scene when I first saw it. I did feel for poor Chingy losing his only son but at least he got to exact his revenge on Magua whom I did not like on the first couple of viewings but have since mellowed towards him and realize he was just out to get those responsible for the murder of his children and ruination of his life.

Just put me in a room of my favorite Indian actors and I would be in pure heaven, Eric Schweig, Michael Greyeyes and Rodney Grant for starters would be some nice eye candy. What a threesome eh??

IG

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 04 2006 :  4:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie

I had to go with Magua.

Just out of curiousity Stephanie, why would you chose to save Magua?

IG

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - July 04 2006 :  6:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey IG you know me so well ..........

I just received my t-shirt from the Studi Group. It has a photo of Magua on the front and Wes has signed it for me, it's beautiful.

I'm still tossing up whether to wear it or frame it.

I think once summer is here I will wear it once just to show it off then put it away because it's really special to me. I love Wes and think he is a wonderfully talented actor and a great person.

I would still save Uncas for Chinganchgook tho. I really hated the way the movie ended and I still do.

I'm happy to see you have mellowed towards Magua, I really felt for him too and could see why he was so angry.

They are all there, but one.
I, Chingachgook, Last of the Mohicans.

raindrops
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

March 25 2006

Posted - July 04 2006 :  8:35:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl
Just put me in a room of my favorite Indian actors and I would be in pure heaven, Eric Schweig, Michael Greyeyes and Rodney Grant for starters would be some nice eye candy. What a threesome eh??

What a coincidence. These three are my favourites, too. Hope you don't mind.

But in a room with all of them.. this might turn out to be TOO exciting.. I wouldn't know which one to look at..

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 05 2006 :  1:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey raindrops, don't worry I share. Have to say you have great taste in men too just like me.

It would be very exciting, I must admit to be in a room with all 3 Bet you can guess which room I would like to be in with them...heeheehee

IG

oxUncasLuvrxo
Pathfinder

USA

July 07 2006

Posted - July 08 2006 :  9:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
UNCAS!! OH yeah btw, WHERE can I find some Uncas avatars! There are none in the default avatar selection.

"Whoever says sunshine is pure happiness, than they have never danced in the rain."

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 11 2006 :  10:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Although I am an avid fan of Uncas my reasoning behind my choice to save him was deeper than a mere crush. I chose to save him because his tribe was already vanishing and to save him would be a small profit to the tribe.

"I teach the dance...the passion is yours to find."

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 11 2006 :  12:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
...the Cameron child...

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 11 2006 :  11:12:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Definately someone else.
I would have saved the woman holding her baby with the little girl holding her skirt at the massacre.

I mean, if I saved George Road who was the 1st guy to get whacked it wouldn't accomplish much since it would only be someone else.
Uncas knew going into the fight that it would be to the death, win or loose. WWWWHHHYYY!
Alice, I can handle that for obvious reasons. The major one being envy.
Col. Munroe asked for it.
Magua deserved it after killing Uncas.
Duncan...bad karma. Do evil it comes back to you 10 fold.
Soldier under the falls...poor guy never had a chance! We didn't even get to find out who he was. But he chose the life of a soldier, to live or die was something I'm sure he was aware of.

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 12 2006 :  12:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Light of the Moon you are too funny! It looks like you have it all figured out!

"I teach the dance...the passion is yours to find."

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 12 2006 :  12:36:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why thank you, Dancer!
Life is too "out there" to be serious all the time. Might as well laugh your way through it!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 12 2006 :  09:24:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Her mind works in mysterious ways.

IG
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Greetings from Finland! Topic Next Topic: Which Alice/Uncas part would you like to expand?  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.44 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07