The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/12/2024 1:20:23 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 lotm trivia game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD
Page: of 25

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 19 2002

Posted - June 15 2008 :  11:51:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Little Lady of Fire, you are correct:

quote:
Ugh it was a person who took Duncan's horse during the Albany scene when he meets up with Cora. That's my best guess.

So now it's your turn - next question, please!

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - June 15 2008 :  9:31:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ok I think this counts and might take a few days to get an answer so.... What is the name on the French Movie poster. *walks away chuckling*

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 16 2008 :  11:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"I thought there were 2 nameless soldiers: one who had been in Duncan's canoe who wasn't injured and then the injured one in Hawkeye's canoe. No? I thought I remembered Magua's men killing two of them after Hawkeye, Uncas and Chingy had jumped into the falls."

Nameless soldiers???!!!! <Gasp!> You really need to come to a Gathering and meet Soldier #2! They are not strangers...
About Soldier #1: http://www.mohicanpress.com/mo06038.html
About Soldier #2: http://www.mohicanpress.com/mo06041.html

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - June 16 2008 :  2:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Strangers to me. Never been to a Gathering to meet either of them. Actually have no idea who they are in the movies except for a few pictures that are pointed out.

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - June 16 2008 :  7:13:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie

Nameless soldiers???!!!! <Gasp!> You really need to come to a Gathering and meet Soldier #2! They are not strangers...
About Soldier #1: http://www.mohicanpress.com/mo06038.html
About Soldier #2: http://www.mohicanpress.com/mo06041.html

They are nameless in the movie--that's what I meant. I realize Soldier #2 is known quite well by some who post on this site. I, however, have never had the good fortune to meet or interact with him.

As for coming to a gathering. . .I would love to, but my husband thinks I'm crazy when I talk about using our vacation time to go to a LOTM get together! So, what can I say other than it's probably never going to happen until my daughter is grown and vacations are no longer family events.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 17 2008 :  10:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That pretty much sums up my situation too winglo. Vacations with the kids and until it is just me and the hubby probably not going to happen either.

IG

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 17 2008 :  11:06:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Little Lady of Fire

Ok I think this counts and might take a few days to get an answer so.... What is the name on the French Movie poster. *walks away chuckling*

I'll take a wild guess here...the name on the poster(?) for "Le Dernier des Mohicans" is Daniel Day-Lewis.

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - June 17 2008 :  12:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow Obediah you got that one. Well all except it doesn't mention Daniel Day-Lewis. Just has the picture. Your turn

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 17 2008 :  5:02:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Perhaps I was looking at a picture of the DVD cover; I'm not too sure...

I'll be back later with a question...

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 19 2008 :  11:48:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OK, this is really easy...

What was the nicest thing the tattoo artist in LOTM could say about Russell Means?

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 08 2008 :  12:27:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, looks like I killed this thread. Thanks, Irish, for showing me how!

C'mon guys, the answer is right here in Mohicanland, somewhere.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 08 2008 :  3:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey you needed no help from moiyou managed to kill it all by yourself Obes..haha

I will admit I did look when you first posted the question but did not see anything

Hows about this, if the tattoo artist was a woman she probably said something like "nice body for an 'ole geezer too bad I don't get to put a tat a little lower down, now that would be fun "

IG

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - July 08 2008 :  5:53:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

C'mon guys, the answer is right here in Mohicanland, somewhere.

Obi, if you know where the answer is, why don't you just tell us? Or maybe you're afraid you can't come up with a challenging question of your own!

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 08 2008 :  6:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So, wingo, you couldn't find the answer, huh? OK, here it is, just for you:

"As for Russell Means.... hmm...
Probably the nicest thing I can say about Russell is that he was extremely difficult to work around most of the time."

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - June 30 2010 :  10:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Since Obi seems to have killed this chat two years ago. Time to attempt to revive it.

Question: What was the exact release date of the movie in the UK?

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 01 2010 :  09:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
6 November 1992 and nice to see you back Little Lady.

IG

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - July 08 2010 :  6:23:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So, Irish, do you have a question for us?
Page: of 25 Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.47 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07