The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 9:26:05 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 lotm trivia game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD
Page: of 25

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
December 18 2004

Posted - January 24 2007 :  2:17:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Technically you didn't. I asked what was seen. A wildcat is another name for "Puma" in that era so the ball is in your court!Heh-heh!

(And you thought you could weasel out of it!)

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - January 25 2007 :  3:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

Technically you didn't. I asked what was seen. A wildcat is another name for "Puma" in that era so the ball is in your court!Heh-heh!

(And you thought you could weasel out of it!)

You're absolutely right... I'm embarassed to say! I even knew about the puma/wildcat thing but didn't say anything, hoping you wouldn't pick up on that -- but ya got me (too sharp)! This game gets harder as we go farther, doesn't it? And where is the person that started this thread, I'm wondering? Well, here goes... when everyone is meeting up near the Cameron's (when the militia is forming up) and the British officer is exhorting everyone to get in gear and head for the Fort, how far is it to Fort William Henry? Sorry if somebody already asked this (I didn't have time to go back and read all the questions!)? I'll just have to try and come up with a new one, if it has. YIKES!

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - January 26 2007 :  1:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Oh-hardy-har-har, Fitz.
Watch out for the scotish though, there is some in my veins! We like nothing more than a good rasslin' match! (Ain't that right Obi?) Mu-ha-ha-ha!

... snipped ...

I so let you win!

BTW, this is my 1st (& probably last) post in this thread. To play this game, I'd have to watch the movie again & I've seen it enough times that it puts me to sleep if I try to watch it more than about once a year!

wes1761
Pathfinder

Me in Ranger Green
USA

April 06 2006

Posted - January 26 2007 :  4:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit wes1761's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It was 2 days to the Fort

wes1761
Pathfinder

Me in Ranger Green
USA

April 06 2006

Posted - January 26 2007 :  4:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit wes1761's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
In the Battle scene when Natty and crew are heading in to the Fort, there is a Red Rocket shot up into the air.....why is this wrong????

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - January 26 2007 :  8:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wes1761

It was 2 days to the Fort

Lol! Actually, I believe it was "two nights and a bit" -- but that was certainly close enough! Now, I've got to figure out what was wrong with the red rocket!? What's really bugging me is that I'm pretty sure I should know this one!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - January 26 2007 :  10:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wes1761

In the Battle scene when Natty and crew are heading in to the Fort, there is a Red Rocket shot up into the air.....why is this wrong????

Because long-range, red-colored rockets hadn't been invented yet?

I know that Francis Scott Key wrote the phrase "the rockets' red glare" for the "Star Spangled Banner" during the War of 1812, but I don't know if red rockets were used before then. Just thought I'd make a guess.

Feel free to tell me how incredibly wrong I am!

wes1761
Pathfinder

Me in Ranger Green
USA

April 06 2006

Posted - January 30 2007 :  11:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit wes1761's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If I remember, they were invented towards the late 1790's...next question......

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - January 31 2007 :  9:26:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That was right? Oh, dear... Now it's my turn again. This one might be a bit easy.

Nathaniel and Uncas would rather trade with the Dutch, who will actually pay silver for furs. The British only deal in and .

(Fill in my 's!)

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 01 2007 :  11:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Can't believe I'm doing this as I have avoided this thread for a while now in fear of having to think of a question but this one is just to easy.

Wampum and brandy.

Now here is another easy one since I cannot think of much else. How old was Wes when he made this movie?

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 02 2007 :  1:05:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

[quote]

BTW, this is my 1st (& probably last) post in this thread. To play this game, I'd have to watch the movie again & I've seen it enough times that it puts me to sleep if I try to watch it more than about ONCE A YEAR!

I KNEW IT!!!!![/b]
Woo-Hoo! Jump for joy!
Poll or no poll! At last! I have my proof!!!!
Only Obi would sleep through a CHICKFLICK and only Obi would be able to stomach it ONCE A YEAR[/i]!!!!!
Sorry there ole buddy, ole pal but you just blew your cover!!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 02 2007 :  1:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

quote:

Oh-hardy-har-har, Fitz.
Watch out for the scotish though, there is some in my veins! We like nothing more than a good rasslin' match! (Ain't that right Obi?) Mu-ha-ha-ha!

... snipped ...

I so let you win!

Ohhhh, no-no. You did not let us win! If I recall Irish and I had you in a toe hold and a headlock and were getting ready to put you in a back-stretcher when you cried for mercy!!!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 02 2007 :  1:31:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

How old was Wes when he made this movie?

Old enough, but still young enough to make a breechclot look good heh-heh!

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - February 04 2007 :  9:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, based on Wes' info in his interview with MP, I'd say he was 45 or 46 when making LOTM.

Shaz

http://www.mohicanpress.com/mo06018.html

quote:
MP: Let’s start with your background. Where and when were you born? Could you tell us a little about that?
WS: Okay. Well, I was born in northeastern Oklahoma, to a totally Cherokee family ... that would be the language of the day, first language .... my first language is Cherokee. I was born in what is called a hollow in Oklahoma. I don’t know if you’re familiar with ... where are you from?
MP: New York.
WS: Oh, you’re from New York! Okay, they’re like more like arroyos ... valleys. In any case, this one just happened to be called Nofire Hollow, just for the fact that the larger part of the area was made up of my mother’s family ... which is NOFIRE ... northeastern Oklahoma. Between Tahlequah, which is the capitol of the Cherokee Nation, and Stilwell. It’s an area that’s populated by Cherokees. That was in 1946.
MP: Oh, we had you down as being born in 1947.
WS: Well, we’re not really sure. {Laughs}

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 05 2007 :  10:44:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay you are in the hotseat now P. Surely you can come up with a tough question for us all.

IG

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - February 05 2007 :  7:43:34 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ok, let me put my thinking cap on.....

"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - February 05 2007 :  7:58:15 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i thought of one. just need to have a quick squiz at the movie to confirm the answer, so give me 24 hours ok?

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 05 2007 :  8:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by paazau

i thought of one. just need to have a quick squiz at the movie to confirm the answer, so give me 24 hours ok?

No prob sista Just make it a good one please. We are all out of fresh questions

IG

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - February 06 2007 :  12:21:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
24 hours? Well, I guess we can let it slide this time.

On a totally different note, it's really hard to make sure your posts (which I spelled "pots" the first time) make sense when you've had a few. Oops....

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - February 06 2007 :  02:12:13 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks IG and Red. I'll try to make it a r-e-e-e-e-a-l-l-y hard one.

I don't want to ask the question without knowing the answer myself!!

Bottoms up Red!

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - February 06 2007 :  7:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ok, here we go... ya ready???

Is the horse Duncan is riding in the "Ambush" scene a mare, gelding, or stallion?

You have a 1 in 3 chance of getting it right, even if you just take a wild guess!!!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 06 2007 :  7:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Geeze P I know nothing about horses but I will take a guess. What about a mare? Maybe I should go through the scene in slo-mo and zoom in to see if I can see the horses "unmentionables" or lack thereof..heehee.

IG

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - February 06 2007 :  7:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I just watched LOTM this morning while I was grading papers. (How much grading I actually got done is a matter of debate!) But I have to say I wasn't watching closely enough to see the horse's ahem.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 06 2007 :  7:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Red what kind of teacher are you anyway??? Imagine that watching LOTM while grading papers. Some doll you are missy. Wonder do your students know you are obsessed with this movie. Seriously though I bet you are great with your students and grading those papers.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 06 2007 :  8:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I believe it was a gelding.

Page: of 25 Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 2.08 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07