The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 1:22:01 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Favorite Eric Schweig Movie
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Natives in the background Topic Next Topic: Wallpaper
Page: of 5

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
March 11 2006

Posted - June 03 2006 :  02:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wilderness Woman
I seem to remember, however, having a bit of a disbelief moment during a highly overly-dramatic scene of Molly Brant... wasn't she sitting and sort of staring in shock in the burned ruins of the house or something like that? I doubt that she would have even been there at the time.

Hi Wilderness Woman,

Yes, there was such a scene. I'm gonna have to ask and show my ignorance (I haven't read up on these things yet)... why would she not have been there at the time??? It's gonna take me years to acquire all the knowledge I seek, and I doubt I'll ever come close to the amount that you and others here know. I'll have fun learning though!

quote:
Originally posted by Wilderness Woman
<snip>the scene near the end of the movie that supposedly depicted the Battle of Oriskany...<snip>
<snip>That sort of irritated me because those were my ancestors being portrayed.<snip>

I'm gonna have to watch it again... I can't picture that battle.

How wonderful that you know about your personal connections with the events in that era. I only have details on my paternal ancestors; the first mention of "soldiers" is a Revolutionary War soldier in the North Carolina and Virginia Continental Lines, Ballards Company, 10th Regiment of N.C. Service. Finding out more about them all is one of those ongoing desires that I hope to fulfill one day.

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - June 03 2006 :  02:36:45 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yea, I agree Leylana his voice is v-e-e-e-e-r-y sexy.

That's cool. No worries. Glad you got it ok. It was my pleasure! We 'aussies' have to stick together, down here on the underside of the world! We may be few, but we're mighty!!

Yea, I think I'll have a little drink in celebration of the memorable day too. Maybe watch one or two of his movies as well... Monday night... yea, nothin' much on tv after BB. An ES movie and a "Cowboy" or two sounds like the ticket.

Wilderness Woman - I just remembered that battle scene!! (I'm just a bit slow in the 'remembering' department... )

"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - June 04 2006 :  08:59:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
haa haa haa haaa............Paz............As soon as I saw 'cowboys' you know where my head went, especially considering their full title and recently watching Pike!.........lmao

Hey, I finally have a job interview on Monday.....YAY......it's with Mars/Masterfoods here in Wodonga. Apparently a great place to work and really hard to even get your foot in the door so I have everything crossed, except the legs of course cause it might be embarrassing trying to walk into the interview in the morning............tee hee hee hee

Have a cowdy for me too. In fact I might join you on our Lust Bunny's bigum day. Apparently he doesn't celebrate so we shall just have to do it for him hey............

have a fantastic week gorgeous one, catchya in tha Board Room.

Cheers
Elly

They are all there, but one.
I, Chingachgook, Last of the Mohicans.

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - June 05 2006 :  12:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Leylana1462
As soon as I saw 'cowboys' you know where my head went, especially considering their full title and recently watching Pike!

LMAO!! You're b-a-a-a-a-a-d Leylana!!! LMAO!! Just my kinda gal!!

Congrats on the interview! How'd it go?? Did you get it?? You didn't trip over walkin' in did ya; hard to walk properly with your toes crossed. Hey that'd be a fabulous company to work for.... do you get to buy 'imperfects' cheap?? Yum......

Do (join me)! We can have an Uncas' Virtual Birthday Bash. Say 8pm central time (8.30 your time)? Stick in a dvd, grab your cowboy (or other assorted beverage) and celebrate! Then Tuesday night we can have another one to include all the US gals that are behind the time(s)!

Bye for now!

Shaz

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - June 05 2006 :  03:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Oooooh I know......lol

I'm with ya chicky. I have a box of cowboy in the fridge, "Have Suckers, Will Party", that's my line.......tee heee

Those poor girls in the US, never mind, we'll have one for them and then have another the next night with them, hey.

The interview went well, thanx for asking. Won't find out till the end of the week tho, how I went, they had a few more to do today.

I think I'll "Pike" it first, he talks a lot in that one, then Follow the River, He smiles a lot in that one, the finish off the night with the one and only LOTM I think (he hardly wears anything!!!!)........hee hee hee, this is of course providing I don't have to get up early for work.....lol...like some ............te ehee ehee

Hope you have a great week
Elly

Lurking Huron4151
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - June 08 2006 :  4:13:08 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I say you ladies should try to watch The Broken Chain. You get the Uncas look, plus he smiles and talks alot in the movie. It's the WHOLE package !!! In addition there are some looks he gives in that movie that will make your heart stop!!!

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - June 08 2006 :  5:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree....especially the scene in the canoe.....thud

Uncas: "some food"

oxUncasLuvrxo
Pathfinder

USA

July 07 2006

Posted - July 08 2006 :  9:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So far, Last of the Mohicans, but Into the West was a good show. ( He played Sitting Bull). Anyways, is Big Eden worth buying? I mean, I know my dad would not let me rent it from Netflix, seeing as it is about homosexual guys, but he would let me buy it with my own money. Is it worth the buy? I want to see it, but I don't want to waste my money on a movie that was only so-so.

"Whoever says sunshine is pure happiness, than they have never danced in the rain."

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 09 2006 :  05:05:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lurking Huron4151

I say you ladies should try to watch The Broken Chain. You get the Uncas look, plus he smiles and talks alot in the movie. It's the WHOLE package !!! In addition there are some looks he gives in that movie that will make your heart stop!!!

Wooohoooooooooooo!!

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 09 2006 :  08:44:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Big Eden is an excellent movie and well worth buying. Eric's character Pike is just adorable in this one, so sweet and shy and lovable and it is more about relationships than being gay. This movie is one of my favorite Eric movies and I love his role. He is very proud of this movie and his role in it. Any true Eric Schweig fan needs to have this one in his/her collection.

The Broken Chain is just a great movie and also one any ERic fan should own. Joseph Brandt is definitely "eye candy" alright girls so if you have not seen this one yet be sure and get it. You don't want to miss Eric in this one either.

IG

oxUncasLuvrxo
Pathfinder

USA

July 07 2006

Posted - July 09 2006 :  1:06:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks. Now, where's my wallet?

"Whoever says sunshine is pure happiness, than they have never danced in the rain."

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 09 2006 :  3:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just to let everyone know that tomorrow July 10th at 9pm/8pm Central there is new Eric movie on Lifetime. It is called "Not Like Everyone Else" or something like that. He plays the father of a teenage girl who is being picked on at school and perhaps accused of witchcraft or something like that. Any new Eric movies are always worth a watch. I for one will have my VCR set to tape it.

IG

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 09 2006 :  3:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here he is as Pike Dexter in "Big Eden".

Image Insert:

13.23 KB

IG

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - July 09 2006 :  6:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What a cute picture of our little stud muffin.

Big Eden was one of the sweetest, funniest most adorable love stories I think I've ever seen.

I love the way Pike's friends encourage things. Just beautiful.

Bit scary that Eric plays a gay man so well. Never mind, we can all still dream........

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 10 2006 :  03:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ahhhhh ... I love that pic. I need to get Big Eden on DVD.

quote:
Bit scary that Eric plays a gay man so well

Agreed ... I prefer to look at it as a fantastic acting ability ... great range.

Lady of Glencairn

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 10 2006 :  1:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well he doesn't really play a "gay man" in the movie. He just plays a very sweet, shy guy who also is very lovable. I wonder if Pike knew he was gay or did this all just come about when Henry came home and he discovered that he had "feelings" for him that he never knew he could have towards a man. In any case a great movie all around.

IG

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 10 2006 :  2:34:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not related to Eric (as he isnt gay) ... but why are most homosexual men so fantatically good looking?! (IMO)

Lady of Glencairn

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - July 10 2006 :  7:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
haaa haaa ahaa Lady, you're so right.

I grew up in Adelaide, South Australia, and it is a common joke Australia wide that in Adelaide it was almost compulsory to be gay.

It came about because one of our late Premier's was gay.

Some of my very best friends, growing up, were gay males. They made the best shopping buddies and I always felt safe with them, you knew you wouldn't get 'hit on' etc. plus they would always point out other cute guys for me.......lol.....

It's funny tho, I'm sure I remember reading in another thread where some of us were making little remarks that you never really see Eric with a woman. I think he is just a very shy, private individual.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 11 2006 :  09:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So watched his new movie on Lifetime last night. It was a good movie and Eric looked great in it. It was called "Not Like Everyone Else" and he plays the dad of a teenage girl who is being picked on at school and in the end is accused of witchcraft. He did a great job as the father in this one and had definitely slimmed down since I last saw him in "It Waits". Apparently he has since lost even more weight and gotten in better shape. Can't wait to see him now. Anyways, just wondering if anyone else saw this and their thoughts on it. This was based on a true story and the girl who plays Brandi Blackbear is really good in this. He has the short hair, naturally enough and I could see no greys so must have had a touch up to the hair department. Definitely worth seeing.

IG

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 11 2006 :  10:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Leylana ... know exactly what you mean about gay men making such good friends. I feel more comfortable around them than I do around my female friends sometimes.

Nope, havent checked out his new movie yet ... but I want to make the effort to see it. Thanks for the recommendation IG.

Lady of Glencairn

oxUncasLuvrxo
Pathfinder

USA

July 07 2006

Posted - July 11 2006 :  3:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I saw it!! It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!! I just thought that her dad was such an asshole most of the way through the movie, and then he got nice at the end. Even though he is a bit pudgy now, he is in no way less handsome. Eric is a great actor, and that is one of the reasons I can say I <3 him, even him now! Anyways, ya'll who haven't seen the movie yet, ya'll need to see it. It's excellent.

rydergrl
Colonial Settler

Pisces
USA

November 03 2003

Posted - July 13 2006 :  3:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I began watching the movie, not realizing that Eric was going to be in it. When I saw him, I thought he looked familiar, however, like me, he's put on a few pounds and his hair is short, but after checking the credits I was pleasantly surprised and pleased. I enjoyed the movie, though I wasn't very happy with his character in the beginning of the movie; however, he did come through for her in the end.

What you give of yourself is priceless.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 14 2006 :  6:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes he wasn't a very good dad in the beginning, favoring his son over his daughter. They had no communication whatsoever, very sad indeed. Thankfully, this tragedy of sorts brought them all closer together and I liked how he took Brandi to see the Medicine Man at the end of the movie, something he had previously only bothered to do with his son.

IG

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 16 2006 :  09:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Eric doesnt have any kinds in real life, I dont think ???

Lady of Glencairn

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 16 2006 :  09:28:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Eric doesnt have any kinds in real life, I dont think??? Wonders when he will get a move-on ... ! *Thinks shes available to be a mommy*

Lady of Glencairn
Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Natives in the background Topic Next Topic: Wallpaper  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.48 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07