The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 1:26:56 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Extended DVD
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Headin west. To Can-tuck-ee Topic Next Topic: What romantic couple do you like best?  

Lookbackatme
Pathfinder

Uncas
United Kingdom

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 10 2005

Posted - May 11 2005 :  10:06:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys

I was wondering what you all thought of the extended DVD? At the moment I only have the "normal" DVD, and though, from what I've read, the extended DVD hasn't had very good reviews, would it be worth getting? Are there any extra scenes that would make it worth it, in particular any with Uncas & Alice?

Thanks guys
Lookbackatme

"Try as we might, happy as we were, we cannot go back."
report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 11 2005 :  10:39:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nothing new on the DVD regarding Uncas & Alice ... My opinion of the disc? See: http://www.mohicanpress.com/mo06036.html

What do you mean by "the 'normal' DVD"?
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Lookbackatme
Pathfinder

Uncas
United Kingdom

May 10 2005

Posted - May 11 2005 :  11:04:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Richfed, thanks for your reply,

I know that this extended version didn't really live up to expectations, but I thought perhaps there may be a few scenes that would be worth buying it for. Having said that, I live in the UK, so the DVD would have to be imported from America, so perhaps it would not be worth the trouble!!

I meant by "normal" DVD, the version that was shown in the cinema, or so I presume. However, I get confused as to what versions have been released here and what versions have been released in the USA. So perhaps my understanding of the "normal" DVD and yours are different!!!

Thanks again for the information
Lookbackatme

xHanx
Pathfinder

Cora 2
United Kingdom

May 17 2002

Posted - May 11 2005 :  6:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As far as i understand this whole "versions" malarky, there are only 2 avaliable for purchase, in the US they have the "extended" version and in the UK we have the "normal" film, at least the one that was originally released. My VHS and my DVD are the same "normal" version from the UK. But it can get confusing at times!Im sure someone in the know will be able to clear this up for good...

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 12 2005 :  07:05:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I doubt it!!

I always forget about the theatrical version DVD released overseas ... DANG!

Here in the U.S., the DVD was released twice - both have identical content - the extended version. The only difference is the transfer process ...

Lookbackatme
Pathfinder

Uncas
United Kingdom

May 10 2005

Posted - May 12 2005 :  12:33:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for your replies!
I am a bit confused about the whole DVD thing I admit! After reading some of the posts, especially ones about Alice & Uncas where he chases the horses off, I get confussled!! I read somewhere that they stand there looking at each other for 30 seconds, whereas mine only shows a quick look at each other!
Oh I don't know, but thanks for your help anyway!
Also want to add, I am very much enjoying the site - shame it took me so long to find it! I guess I have been "lost in the wilderness" for some years!!!

Lookbackatme

Previous Topic: Headin west. To Can-tuck-ee Topic Next Topic: What romantic couple do you like best?  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.23 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07