The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 11:49:36 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 What romantic couple do you like best?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Extended DVD Topic Next Topic: In the burial ground  

UncasLover13
Colonial Settler

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 17 2004

Posted - July 16 2004 :  11:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
What couple in LOTM do you like better? The more passionate couple of Hawkeye and Cora? Or the subtle, innocent Uncas and Alice?

Choices:

Hawkeye and Cora
Uncas and Alice

report to moderator

UncasLover13
Colonial Settler

USA

May 17 2004

Posted - July 16 2004 :  11:41:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I of course, chose Uncas and Alice. I just love how they don't talk much, but still have so much care for eachother. I love how it's so innocent. Not to mention, they have that but tragic end to their romance which just makes it (in my opinion) more of a beautiful love story. :)

--UL13
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - March 20 2005 :  3:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Definitely Uncas and Alice but geeze I would definitely say they need to have a Cora and Hawkeye love scene!

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - March 23 2005 :  3:51:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I hope nobody thinks I'm too kinky for saying this... I realize that their clothes stay on the entire time; but for me, that scene at the Fort "The Kiss" is one of the sexiest love scenes in my (movie) book. Just the emotion that comes across there, and the way MM keeps the camera on Cora's face as all these feelings go across it, is really powerful. I think this is *so* steamy - even though noone shucks their buckskins or their petticoats! Maybe it's just a "girl thing"? ;-)

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - March 23 2005 :  3:56:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Forgot to add that, even though I love the whole "Uncas & Alice" thing, I voted for Hawkeye and Cora. Did I mention I really liked that Fort scene? :-)

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - March 23 2005 :  4:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The fort scene was powerful but I don't recall if it was ever officially decided if some woohoo actually went on there or if it was just some heavy necking....either way it was awesome.

eilan
Pathfinder

March 16 2005

Posted - March 24 2005 :  11:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Absolutely Uncas and Alice!!!!! they're my favourite characters and I love their love story for 4 reasons:
1_they're so young(she's 16, he's 24)
2_their love is TRUE!
3_they're so different(she's an aristocratic, he's an indian)
4_they're both beautiful(I would like to be beautiful as Alice, and Uncas is a very hot boy!)

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - March 24 2005 :  2:49:25 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How did you figure their ages eilan?

Lurking Huron9977
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - April 25 2005 :  7:43:31 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
definitely alice and uncas. although that fort scene was definitely steaming. i actually thought that maybe they were doing it, and mann just wasn't showing the details, it was that intimate. now why can't we get uncas and alice some of that action? of course i'm sure that part of the reason i love them so much is that we know almost nothing about their romance. and of course, their ultimately tragic ending, that just makes you want to know everything about their courtship (or lack thereof).

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 27 2005 :  3:50:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I voted Hawkeye/Cora. Because quite honestly there is a little sting of jealousy w/Alice!

eilan
Pathfinder

March 16 2005

Posted - May 09 2005 :  2:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
FOR CHASIS 22:
I know their ages beacuse these are the ages of the two actors( Jodhi May and Eric Schweig)when they filmed LOTM!!

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - May 09 2005 :  4:58:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Magua and his knife seemed to hit it off pretty well. .. ;)

you can keep "The Change"

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - May 10 2005 :  03:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Without a doubt, my favorite couple is "Hawkeye & Cora". They illustrated a special love for each other and let's not forget the extremely hot and steamy kissing scene. Also, I loved the part before Hawkeye jumps the waterfall, just the way he stares at Cora. The look he gives her says a thousand words, and even though they never told each other "I LOVE YOU", in that scene it's almost evident that the look they give each other is saying "I LOVE YOU" to one another.

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - May 10 2005 :  09:21:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Magua and his knife seemed to hit it off pretty well. .. ;)

LOL! Amen to that! I vote for Magua and his wife, the loss of which drove Magua to murder. One caveat: we are talking fantasy here...murdering someone in real life out of a desire for vengeance is a big NO NO.
Carter

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - May 10 2005 :  10:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Only if you get caught, ... ;)

you can keep "The Change"

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - May 10 2005 :  2:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good point! Too bad modern forensic techniques make revenge so much more difficult! LOL!

Carter
  Previous Topic: Extended DVD Topic Next Topic: In the burial ground  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.38 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07