The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/6/2024 1:25:27 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Screen Names
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: I Will Find You - lyrics Topic Next Topic: LOTM production polaroids
Page: of 7

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
December 18 2004

Posted - April 09 2005 :  1:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, how did everybody come up with their screen names? And what is everyones favorite part of the LOTM?
report to moderator

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - April 09 2005 :  4:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dillon being my last name...and 1836 being the year of the Battle of the Alamo.

www.alamosentry.com
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - April 10 2005 :  07:49:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, mine is very orginal - - richfed, Rich Federici, richfed, Rich Federici. Ah, the creative mind!

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - April 10 2005 :  08:10:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I can beat you on the creative mind, Rich...mine is Theresa because that's my name.

As for my favorite part of LOTM, hmmm....that's a tough one...I love the fort battle scene (and the music there), the river walk (I ain't your scout), the glade (more deeply stirring to my blood), the kiss (no explanation required), the last ten minutes at Chimney Rock, and the closing scene...reckon you'd have to say I have no favorite part...I love the whole darn thing.

Theresa

blueotter
Colonial Settler

BlueOtter
USA

September 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - April 10 2005 :  10:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit blueotter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Blueotter

because blue is my favorite color, and otter because when I was deeply saturated in Indian culture (Northern Plains tribes), I learned that otters are the totem for women's energy, and because they are amazing creatures. I've had that screen name since 1996 when I first got my hotmail account. It's now the name of my graphic design "business" (Blue Otter Graphics) (LOL) I am laughing because I haven't had any freelance work in several years. But that's probably because I haven't been looking for any.

Rose, because that is my middle name and the name I use for reenacting because Carol is not a typical 18th c. name)

Rose Dupre
AKA/Órelindë Tinehtelë
AKA/Polly Gamwich
Gordon's 60th Royal Americans
Detroit French Marines

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 10 2005 :  12:39:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I'm among the orginals too!
caitlin because my name is caitlin....

My favorite part of LOTM? Well, it would have to say the Kiss and Chimney Rock.

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 10 2005 :  12:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mine is from my mid-18th century persona, Sergeant Duncan Munro of Captain Graham's Company, 42nd Royal Highland Regiment. I chose the name, when I was a private in Captain Robertson's Company of the 77th, from a character named Munro who was a sergeant in the Highland Independent Companies (The forerunners of the 42nd) in the movie 'The Running of the Deer', which takes place in Scotland during the '45 Uprising. All in all, it works for me, and I like it...

Your Most Humble Servant,

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 10 2005 :  1:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As I mentioned recently in the Favorite Books thread, I really enjoy the "Into The Wilderness" series by Sara Donati. My favorite heroine from that series is Ms. Elizabeth Middleton, a cultured Englishwoman whose life totally changes when she ventures "into the wilderness" of New York in the late 1700s.

When I was trying to think of an appropriate name for myself in this mostly 18th century community, the word "wilderness" just popped into my mind. And so "Wilderness Woman" was born.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 10 2005 :  2:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gadget Girl bacause my Mom named me after Inspecto....oh...OK NOT REALLY.

Gadget because I like gadgets. I buy gadgets. I use gadgets. There are good gadgets and bad gadgets. I love gadgets that have a goal and meet that goal! - Good gadgets.

Girl because I am a girl - OK...well, a woman, but I think like a girl!

Favorite part of LOTM - the first part where Uncas and Hawkeye are tracking the elk and then the last part filmed on Table Rock and...all the stuff in between those two parts!

GG

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - April 10 2005 :  2:58:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am really enjoying reading how everyone came up with their names! Rich - there is a lot to be said for "simple and to the point"! :-) Redbird just popped into my mind when I signed up for the board; probably because in my background of Ethnohistory and Native American Studies, I was always interested in the Indian lifestyle and worldview. Since I was a kid, I've been drawn to the subject and always was a "wannabe" in that regard; especially after I *finally* accepted my family's assertion that there was (unfortunately) no Indian blood in our lineage! I'm a redhead: so the name was not much of an imaginative leap. And living in Indiana, I love cardinals - and they are all over our back yard!

As for some of my favorite scenes, I'd echo Theresa's choices, and just add a couple: the first scene at the Cameron's cabin (which I loved for giving us a little glimpse into waht frontier home life was actually like)/ the scene where Duncan reports for the first time in Albany, and makes that wonderful statement (that probably all the newly arrived British officers shared) - "I thought British policies make the world England." and ticks Webb off so thoroughly!/ And Hawkeye's and Cora's discussion in "The Glade" just took my breath away the first time I saw it in the the theater (and still does)! When he explains to her why the Cameron's were living in "this defenseless place", that pretty much summed up my whole view of what Early American History and the foundation of what "the American Dream" is all about!

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - April 10 2005 :  3:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I must have been writing while GG was posting... Thank you! How could I have forgotten the "Elk Hunt" scene??!!! Every woman I know *loved* that scene, for pretty obvious reasons! ;-)

UncasLover13
Colonial Settler

USA

May 17 2004

Posted - April 10 2005 :  9:17:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Simple, I love Uncas! lol

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 10 2005 :  11:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I am one of the creative ones (cough, cough). Okay, so it wasn't so creative. My first name is Kay, my middle name is Lynn and at the time that I got this screen name, I was 44 years old. So....Kaylynn44 was born.
I agree with Theresa. I don't really have a favorite part, because I love the entire movie too!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - April 11 2005 :  2:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My screen name is the same one I have been using with yahoo for a number of years now. When I signed up on yahoo I wanted it to read chassis but it was taken so I dropped an "s" and added 22 because I was about to turn 22. For those that are still confussed as to why I chose chassis I will explain. I have spent a large amount of my time under the hoods of cars. I missed my senior prom because I was more interested in dropping a new motor into a 1974 Chevy Nova that my ex-boyfriend and I had built from the ground up. My brother actually gave me the nickname chassis so I have kept it with many of my online accounts.
As for my favorite part of the movie.....I love the whole thing!

Lurking Huron6300
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - April 12 2005 :  1:55:33 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Redbird

I am really enjoying reading how everyone came up with their names! Rich - there is a lot to be said for "simple and to the point"! :-) Redbird just popped into my mind when I signed up for the board; probably because in my background of Ethnohistory and Native American Studies, I was always interested in the Indian lifestyle and worldview. Since I was a kid, I've been drawn to the subject and always was a "wannabe" in that regard; especially after I *finally* accepted my family's assertion that there was (unfortunately) no Indian blood in our lineage! I'm a redhead: so the name was not much of an imaginative leap. And living in Indiana, I love cardinals - and they are all over our back yard!

As for some of my favorite scenes, I'd echo Theresa's choices, and just add a couple: the first scene at the Cameron's cabin (which I loved for giving us a little glimpse into waht frontier home life was actually like)/ the scene where Duncan reports for the first time in Albany, and makes that wonderful statement (that probably all the newly arrived British officers shared) - "I thought British policies make the world England." and ticks Webb off so thoroughly!/ And Hawkeye's and Cora's discussion in "The Glade" just took my breath away the first time I saw it in the the theater (and still does)! When he explains to her why the Cameron's were living in "this defenseless place", that pretty much summed up my whole view of what Early American History and the foundation of what "the American Dream" is all about!

Another Indiana gal? What part?

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 12 2005 :  6:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I got Light Of The Moon from a Mayan Indian tribe that I spent appx. 2yrs with in central Mexico. They are my husbands family and I love them dearly. My husband chose my name and everyone agreed that I deserved a native name since I am 1/4 blackfoot. His family still uses native "nicknames" since their culture sees this as a term of endearment. To use your birthname means that they are keeping you at a distance intentionally. They don't give native names freely though. You have to earn their respect and admiration. My name was chosen because I was always seen staring at the moon for hours. My husband's native name is Crazy Wolf. So, since wolves are prone to serenade by the "light of the moon" they chose my name.

My favorite seen? Where Uncas gets a close up at the 1st waterfall scene! OH YEAH!

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - April 13 2005 :  12:45:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lurker 6300; I live in Indianapolis, the bustling capital of the Hoosier state. :-) What part of "The Land of Indians" do you hail from? What brings you to Mohicanland, and how do you like it?

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - April 13 2005 :  12:49:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh for Pete's sake... I am *so* "cyber-impaired"! I just noticed that our Lurker has been a member since 2002! Is this Mountainheart? I think she's a fellow Hoosier... :-)

Lurking Huron6327
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - April 13 2005 :  4:18:09 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Oh for Pete's sake... I am *so* "cyber-impaired"! I just noticed that our Lurker has been a member since 2002! Is this Mountainheart? I think she's a fellow Hoosier... :-)

Actually, it's me, Caitlin... I just spaced signing in...

I was born and raised in Bloomington! Do you know the Irish Lion?

I think that Dayna (WooHoo girl) is also from Indiana. She lives in Brown County??

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - April 13 2005 :  5:18:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Caitlin; I went to IU for a semester (way back in 1976!), and loved Bloomington! I don't remember "The Irish Lion", but maybe that was after my time there - is it a pub? And I think Brown County is probably the most beautiful part of the state (with the possible exception of the area along the Ohio River). I see you live in AZ now. I checked out grad school at Flag, and think that is one of my favorite areas of the whole *country*!

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 13 2005 :  6:10:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Caitlin; I went to IU for a semester (way back in 1976!), and loved Bloomington! I don't remember "The Irish Lion", but maybe that was after my time there - is it a pub? And I think Brown County is probably the most beautiful part of the state (with the possible exception of the area along the Ohio River). I see you live in AZ now. I checked out grad school at Flag, and think that is one of my favorite areas of the whole *country*!

Cool! Glad to meet a fellow Hoosier!

Yes, the Irish Lion is a pub now. Maybe you remember the Magic Horn?
I graduated IU in 2000! I love Brown County too! Reminds me of NC!
Really miss it especially with the 113 degree temperatures we endure in AZ!

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 13 2005 :  10:07:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey girls! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about as I just flew to Indianapolis a couple of weekends ago to see Jayne and Karen and of course our Dana (who, by the way, is still in need of strong prayers!). Jayne drove me to Karen's house, who I think DOES live in Brown county and then the three of us spent most of a day in Nashville - a LOVERLY little hamlet in that BEAUTIFUL region of Indiana! MAN - if I had only brought mounds of cash with me!!!!

Your right Caitlin, it does remind one of NC! Jayne and Dana both live in Indianapolis. I'll tell you - that Jayne is some hostess - we had the best visit and her guest room is so comfy and fun - it was just like staying at some exclusive lodge in the mountains - A very wonderful and memorable weekend!

GG

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - April 14 2005 :  12:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
When I look up to the sky and see those quiet lightnings during a storm, I'm always amazed at the beauty and mystery behind it. Somehow, this screen name describes my true being.

As for my favorite part(s) of the movie, it would have to be the Elk Hunt, because that's when these three extremely gorgeous men are introduced into the movie. Also, The Kiss scene was exquisite. Wow, how lucky is Ms. Stowe to have had the pleasure to have kissed that beautiful man's lips.

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

Pike Bishop
Pathfinder

USA

November 26 2003

Posted - April 16 2005 :  1:27:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Pike Bishop a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My screen name is from my favorite "classic film" of all time. (Sorry fellow fans, but LOTM is my second favorite "movie" of all time)

Pike Bishop is the leader of The Wild Bunch in Sam Peckinpaugh's violent anti-western classic. An outlaw who still follows the code of being loyal to your friends (see quote on my profile) and staying true to your word, even if you give your word to a railroad.

As far as scenes that I can pull out and watch anytime, anywhere anyplace:

1. Hawkeye's charge accross the field for Cora, which I cite as an example of the true definition of "romance" to my tenth graders.

2. "I will find you."

3. The whole "glen scene" where Hawkeye talks to Cora before the French and Indians arrive. I love the part where Cora takes out her pistol, ready to fight alongside these men who had saved her and her sister, and how Hawkeye wordlessly hands her the powder horn.

4. Favorite line of humor: "The French would rather.....make love with their faces."

5. The negotiation scene with Tammarand: "I don't speak Huron; you speak French, Major?" "Those are the ways of the Yanquis and Le France traders and their masters in Europe, infected with the sickness of greed."

6. DVD only: Duncan's diversion scene.

7. Hawkeye covering the couriers with Uncas; "silk, adds twenty yards"

8. The events up to and including "The Kiss."

9. Ambush Road Scene. "In case your aim is as bad as your judgement." "Better get yourself a musket Major."

10. Cameron's cabin (death scene). "They are not strangers Miss and they stay as they lay."

xHanx
Pathfinder

Cora 2
United Kingdom

May 17 2002

Posted - April 22 2005 :  08:11:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Han - a cultured deep analysis of how i feel reborn into the world when i watch the film, Han is the technical terminology used to describe this feeling of euphoria... oh and er its short for Hannah... :)

Favourite part of the film has to be the fight between magua and Uncas and Alice's subsequent death, not that im at all morbid, but i think its brilliantly done, and draws an emotional reaction no matter how many times i watch, and it has been a few...

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - April 22 2005 :  12:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Pike Bishop

1. Hawkeye's charge accross the field for Cora, which I cite as an example of the true definition of "romance" to my tenth graders.

2. "I will find you."

3. The whole "glen scene" where Hawkeye talks to Cora before the French and Indians arrive. I love the part where Cora takes out her pistol, ready to fight alongside these men who had saved her and her sister, and how Hawkeye wordlessly hands her the powder horn.

Pike; You've said it better than I could myself, especially in regards to #1! I think that is a romantic scene for guys as well. My husband said every guy *wants* to be able to do that (what Hawkeye does), but the reality might be a bit different!
Page: of 7 Previous Topic: I Will Find You - lyrics Topic Next Topic: LOTM production polaroids  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.61 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07