The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/6/2024 11:23:17 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Screen Names
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: I Will Find You - lyrics Topic Next Topic: LOTM production polaroids
Page: of 7

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - April 23 2005 :  09:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I guess it will come as no surprise that I chose the screen name Bookworm because BOOKS ARE MY LIFE!!! (Along with my husband and dog, of course.) I once tried to estimate how many books we have, and concluded it was around 2000. Of those, at least 100 deal with colonial history, another 25 or so with Lincoln and the Civil War. Those are mine! My husband has sizable collections on medieval history, sailing, theology, and Theodore Roosevelt. We're also pretty good on World War II, nature and the outdoors, and mystery novels. "Too many books, too little time" is our motto! Also, two daily newspapers and more magazines than I can count -- at least 10. My goal in life is to "catch up," which will never happen.

My favorite parts of the movie are the scenes inside Cameron's cabin at night and outside the next morning -- a beautiful evocation of colonial life!

Bookworm

"I've gotten so fascinated with the eighteenth century, I'm going to stay there." -- David McCullough

"Nothing to it, brother." -- Barack Obama
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 03 2005 :  8:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I chose Dark Woods because the deer hunting scene at the start of LOTM is somewhat dark, and they are in the woods.

My lighthouse avatar is at odds with my screen name, but I like lighthouses. (and I hope I shed more light than heat in my posts.)

We become what we think about.

mountainheart
Pathfinder

The Kiss 2
USA

February 23 2005

Donating Member

Posted - May 04 2005 :  3:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit mountainheart's Homepage  Send mountainheart a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Redbird

Lurker 6300; I live in Indianapolis, the bustling capital of the Hoosier state. :-) What part of "The Land of Indians" do you hail from? What brings you to Mohicanland, and how do you like it?

Wow, I work in Indy! maybe we could have our own little pow-wow.

"Oh the depth of the human experience!"

mountainheart
Pathfinder

The Kiss 2
USA

February 23 2005

Donating Member

Posted - May 04 2005 :  3:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit mountainheart's Homepage  Send mountainheart a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My screen name is simply due to the fact that I love the mountains - Appalachians to be specific.

"Oh the depth of the human experience!"

Smokin_Gun
Lost in the Wilderness

Huron 3

June 10 2005

Posted - June 10 2005 :  05:31:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Smokin_Gun's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mine has stuck with me as a shootist from the F&I Wars as an Akwesanne Warrior, Mountain Man, right up to a post Civil War Army Scout/Buffalo Hunter/Gunman. A pretty well rounded name?

Smokin' Gun, Akwesasne Mohawk.

Yankee
Pathfinder

Uncas

January 12 2006

Posted - January 13 2006 :  6:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yankee= We live in south-central PA and were married in Gettysburg. We also attended a NASCAR race in SC a few years ago. When the men in back of us heard me speak and "my" accent, they immediately started calling me Yankee.

Marg222
Pathfinder

eye of the storm
Netherlands

January 21 2004

Posted - January 17 2006 :  07:20:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg222's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My name is Margje (I'm dutch) And that is a pretty difficult name for you all to pronounce. So I cut the je off. Now you can call me Marg (e) And the 222 stands for my lucky number. A single 2 is too short, a double 2 (22) would seem like it's my age, and it's not. And 222, well, that's just the right thing.

And although my favourite character is deffinitly Uncas, my favourite part of the movie is the part where Cora and Hawkeye pretty secretly meet and go search for a quiet place... that power.. sigh.. just very romantic.

I do not call myself subject too much at all... -Hawkeye

Tramp
Lost in the Wilderness

Bam Bam
USA

December 14 2005

Posted - January 17 2006 :  7:08:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just an old Harley Saddle Tramp here

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - January 19 2006 :  11:52:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tramp

Just an old Harley Saddle Tramp here

LOL

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - January 19 2006 :  8:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yankee, from one south-central Pennsylvanian who was married in Gettysburg to another, welcome! Do you, too, have a special fondness for the movie "Gettysburg"?

Bookworm

"I've gotten so fascinated with the eighteenth century, I'm going to stay there." -- David McCullough

Yankee
Pathfinder

Uncas

January 12 2006

Posted - January 24 2006 :  07:24:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bookworm

Yankee, from one south-central Pennsylvanian who was married in Gettysburg to another, welcome! Do you, too, have a special fondness for the movie "Gettysburg"?

Why, yes we do! We actually had a chance to see part of it being filmed when they were here. We've watched it over and over. My husband can name where every scene was filmed and tell you all about the battle.

Where were you married in Gettysburg? We were married on Sach's Covered Bridge, down past the Eisenhower farm, where he proposed to me. We had 100 chairs, a horse and carriage and a Gettysburg Tour Bus. Our reception was at the Dobbin House Tavern.

It's great to meet you Bookworm!

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - January 25 2006 :  07:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sounds like it was a neat wedding, Yankee! We were married in the chapel of the Lutheran Seminary, and our reception was held there, too. My husband graduated from Gettysburg College and studied at the Seminary for a semester, so he is very fond of the area and very familiar with the battlefield. We have watched the movie more times than we can count, and always applaud when "Lutheran Theological Seminary" appears on-screen. And, oh, the Dobbin House . . . ! We were just there, in the downstairs tavern, maybe two months ago, and we try to go there every year for my birthday (upstairs, in "the library" room), though it's always iffy because of the weather. Anyway, it's great to meet another fan of Gettysburg and "Gettysburg"!

Bookworm

Yankee
Pathfinder

Uncas

January 12 2006

Posted - February 08 2006 :  1:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, what a small world it is Bookworm! For our rehearsal dinner, we actually took a ghost tour with everyone up at the Seminary. Didn't see anything, but it was fun! I was just down there a couple weeks ago to Boyd's Bear Country and to drive around. We love eating down in the tavern at The Dobbin House. The BEST french onion soup in the world! Gettysburg College is a great school, my uncle went there. We live near York now, so many times we just drive over for a Sunday afternoon.

The next time you're in the area, you'll have to let me know!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 09 2006 :  11:21:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yankee

Well, what a small world it is Bookworm! For our rehearsal dinner, we actually took a ghost tour with everyone up at the Seminary. Didn't see anything, but it was fun! I was just down there a couple weeks ago to Boyd's Bear Country and to drive around. We love eating down in the tavern at The Dobbin House. The BEST french onion soup in the world! Gettysburg College is a great school, my uncle went there. We live near York now, so many times we just drive over for a Sunday afternoon.

The next time you're in the area, you'll have to let me know!

If you didn't see anything at the seminary then come stay at my house. The spooks love me. I only have one and have caught it in pictures several times. It doesn't go bump in the night but it likes to play with the mouse on my computer while I'm typing. It's pretty weird to watch the cursor go strolling off when no one's touching it.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 14 2006 :  1:56:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well I am an Irish girl so that is how I came up with my name. Not very original I know.

My favorite part of the movie is all the parts with Uncas in it showing his handsome face. I always find it hard to watch the death scene on the cliff at the end. I have seen it so many times and know it is coming but I cringe each and every time I watch. Maybe one of these times I watch he won't die. What do you think?

IG

Mountain Man
Colonial Settler

Mountain Man Avatar
USA

March 02 2006

Posted - March 03 2006 :  10:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yankee, From one Gettysburg lover to another I just wanted to say hi . Even though I live two hours away, Gettysburg is my second home. My wife and I are heading out for a visit in a couple weeks. I see you enjoy the onion soup at the Dobbins House. One of my favorites too! I love that place.
quote:
Originally posted by Yankee

Yankee= We live in south-central PA and were married in Gettysburg. We also attended a NASCAR race in SC a few years ago. When the men in back of us heard me speak and "my" accent, they immediately started calling me Yankee.

Magua said, understand English very well.

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - March 04 2006 :  03:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't know why they call me "The Highlander."You'll have to ask Sgt.Munro & the 42nd NCO.

Did I also mention that I portrayed Col.Henri Bouquet in the Hollywood Blockbuster "George Washington's First War?"

Highlander

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - March 07 2006 :  12:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I like your signature, Mountain Man!

Lya Heyward
Lost in the Wilderness

Duncan
USA

March 02 2006

Posted - March 21 2006 :  12:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lya is a shortened version of my real name Lydia. and heyward is because I wish I was married to Duncan. You see, if he was my husband I would have made him be a better person. FYI: My favorite part would be the Kiss. Great make-out scene. lol

I love the person I am when I'm with you

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - March 21 2006 :  10:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My name is pretty dorky. My first name is Meg and the first letter of my last name is D. The reason it is Meggie is cause that's my sn on another board, where it makes a lot more sense. It was just easier to keep the same name. If I wanted a LOTM related name it would have to be something like Uncasstalker maybe......but I'm not really a stalker...really, I'm quite harmless....really.....:)

Uncas: "some food"

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 21 2006 :  11:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My screen name (paazau) can be broken down to
pa for pennsylvania where i was born and lived 'til I was 12
az for arizona where i spent my teenage years
au for australia where i now live

make sense now??!!

As for my favorite part(s) of the movie, where do I start... everything from the first note of the first song, to the last note of the last song!!

The ones that really grab me are:
The Elk Hunt - the music, visuals, and anticipation of what's to come
The Ambush - when our three heros arrive; and for some unknown reason I loooove the visual of Hawkeye spinning his rifle around by the strap to shoot Magua... gets me every time!
The River Walk - Hawkeye telling Duncan "I ain’t your 'scout'. And I sure ain’t no damn militia. Clear it up any?". The way Hawkeye says "We face to the north, and real subtle-like turn left" always reminds me of Clint Eastwood's famous "Go ahead, make my day" line - just the way Hawkeye delivers it. I smile every time!
The Burial Ground - Cora and Hawkeye finding out their assumptions about each other aren't necessarily correct.
The Surgery - Uncas (need I say anymore gals??); and the unspoken interchange between Cora and Hawkeye.
The Courier - the musical score here is fabulous; I love the 'precision' shooting by Hawkeye and Uncas.
The Milita Debate - Hawkeye's line "Someday I think you and I are going to have a serious disagreement." Sets up the Huron Camp scene beautifully.
The Kiss - again I love the musical score; need I say anything about why I like the scene?? I think not..
Munro's Office - Cora's standing up to her father and Duncan
Massacre - how our heroes race to our damsels in distress; the music again fits perfectly. It was interesting to see the intensity on Hawkeye's face when he kills the Indian holding Cora - compare it to his cool demeanor in The Ambush. Shows how his feelings have changed. Cora shooting the Indian. Go girl!!!
Under the Falls - in particular the last scene between Cora and Hawkeye. I remember the first time I saw Hawkeye jump into the waterfall. I gasped out loud; unbelievable!!
Pursuit - "I Will Find You" - the best song of the movie, too bad it's so short. I love the visuals of the three heroes running up the rocks.
Huron Village - from when Hawkeye walks into the village. He has some powerful things to say. In spite of not really liking Duncan, I sob slightly every time when Cora's returned to Hawkeye and they take Duncan. The last shot of Uncas and Chingachgook. Heartbreaking..
Promontory - Uncas' flight up the hill in pursuit of Alice. He's so intent. The entire rest of this scene is great too. I love the musical score here and of course the events are just too distressing to turn away from.

Even the scenes I haven't mentioned are great; it's just a fabulous movie.

Shaz

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 22 2006 :  09:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow is all I have to say paazau. What an excellent assessment of the movie. You sure broke it down for all of us in a great way. I wondered where you got the screen name but now it does make a lot more sense. Thanks.

IG

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - April 04 2006 :  10:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm only new to the family and thought i would put my 2 cents worth in........tee hee

My name came about as a result of doing a past life regression.

I went to the year 1462 and I was an Indian woman with the name Leylana.

Most people I know who have done past life come out of hypno and say "OMG, I was Sitting Bull, or I was the Queen of Persia", that's them. Me, I was a wife with a beautiful husband and 5 wonderful children, and to make it even better one of my children then is one of my daughters now.

Guess you have to believe in past lives to understand where I'm coming from but for me it was a beautiful experience and one I still drift off to now whenever I can. Purely because it was beautiful and loving.

It also explained why, as an Australian, I have such an immense love of anything Native American, and by that I mean Indian, not just Americans born in America, if that makes sense........lol

They are all there, but one.
I, Chingachgook, Last of the Mohicans.

Christina
Deerslayer

Vampire
USA

May 27 2002

Posted - April 04 2006 :  5:00:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christina's Homepage  Send Christina an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I just picked mine because outside of the newsroom or my brief forays into fiction writing, I'm really not that creative! I guess I could have gone by my Ebay handle (Tinlizard) but that just didn't seem to have a very good ring to it for a screen name.

See this face? This is the face of a woman on the edge.
Whoopi Goldberg, "Jumping Jack Flash"

oxUncasLuvrxo
Pathfinder

USA

July 07 2006

Posted - July 13 2006 :  2:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by xHanx

Han - a cultured deep analysis of how i feel reborn into the world when i watch the film, Han is the technical terminology used to describe this feeling of euphoria... oh and er its short for Hannah... :)

Favourite part of the film has to be the fight between magua and Uncas and Alice's subsequent death, not that im at all morbid, but i think its brilliantly done, and draws an emotional reaction no matter how many times i watch, and it has been a few...

Cool, my name's Hannah. I got my name, obviously, from my love of Uncas.

"Whoever says sunshine is pure happiness, than they have never danced in the rain."
Page: of 7 Previous Topic: I Will Find You - lyrics Topic Next Topic: LOTM production polaroids  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 1.36 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07