The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
9/29/2024 3:19:40 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The Muster
 Indian/ hawkey knives
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Battle on Snowshoes/ Deerfield Topic Next Topic: Flintlock Rifles  

Erik Dullers
Lost in the Wilderness

Belgium

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 25 2004

Posted - December 06 2004 :  11:05:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erik Dullers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Does anybody know where I could find some good, historically correct steel indian or trade knives for the F&I war period? Keaping in mind that My budget is around 100$??

I am truying to put together the kit of a mohican of that period, and I'm especially interested in the knife that was used by ddl in the movie.... but some sort of economic fairly priced type!!

Thanks,

"I do not call myself subject to much at all"
report to moderator

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - December 06 2004 :  11:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Trade knives of the period were not expensive or well made, just functional. A good copy can be had for $25 to $35 from quite a number of vendors. A hand made knife will cost from $75 to $700, depending on who makes it. An unknown maker may charge a lower price for quality work until he becomes better known. A knife like DDL's would cost a minimum of $500, and it would not be classified as a trade knife. Too much custom work.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

wlogwihlas
Pathfinder

Indian Party

September 25 2003

Posted - January 12 2005 :  4:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Send wlogwihlas a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have a friend that makes traditional native knives fairly inexpensively. Email me and I will get you in touch with him. wlogwihlas@hotmail.com

hollow square...Now!!!
You probably are wondering why we are all gathered here today.
Look boys, we captured an "it".
report to moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Battle on Snowshoes/ Deerfield Topic Next Topic: Flintlock Rifles  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.27 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07