The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
9/29/2024 5:29:37 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The Muster
 Battle on Snowshoes/ Deerfield
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: British Infantry Support Weapons...Pros & Cons Topic Next Topic: Indian/ hawkey knives  

wlogwihlas
Pathfinder

Indian Party

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
September 25 2003

Posted - January 13 2005 :  6:37:08 PM  Show Profile  Send wlogwihlas a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thses events are happening soon; anyone going??? Chauncey perhaps??

hollow square...Now!!!
You probably are wondering why we are all gathered here today.
Look boys, we captured an "it".
report to moderator

alikws
Colonial Settler

USA

October 23 2003

Posted - January 14 2005 :  3:17:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
on another list chauncy was looking for a range, so she live fires, can't rule out seeing her at the snowshoe biathlon... hoping to make that one this year, would probaly take the doglock...
battle on snowshoes and deerfield is a toss up, as usual winter events always pich the same days... see what happens as it gets closer...
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

wlogwihlas
Pathfinder

Indian Party

September 25 2003

Posted - January 15 2005 :  6:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Send wlogwihlas a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh snap, yeah you should do that bro, I'll see if i can get out of work and do it to. I know that Josh does those things; Should stay at the house. I was hoping that Chauncey would do the battle of Snowshoes, so we would have a foe.

hollow square...Now!!!
You probably are wondering why we are all gathered here today.
Look boys, we captured an "it".

Tim Cordell
Pioneer

USA

July 18 2002

Posted - January 22 2005 :  4:10:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have not heard anything about a Battle On Snowshoes event this year. The 250th anniversary of that battle would be in 2008. I am told that Deerfield will reprise The 1704 Raid again this year -----
but I have not been able to contact the Deerfield people for confirmation. I can confirm that the 250th anniversary of the Battle of Lake George & Bloody Morning Scout is planned for Sept. 17 & 18 2005- ON THE EXACT GROUND of those battles. This is the premier F&I event in N.Y. State in 2005. Invitations to French, Indian & English units have been sent and we are awaitng replies. The State of New York has been fantastic in its support and encouragement of F&I War commemorative events planned in New York for the next few years. Governor Pataki is solidly behind us. Deerfield last year was among the most memorable events that I have been to. To see the early 1700's represented was fascinating and I plan on attending this year. For a glimpse of the early 18th century "life styles" please go to www.snowshoemen.com -"Church's Company". My warmest regards, Tim

Tim Cordell

Okwaho
Pathfinder

USA

December 24 2004

Posted - January 23 2005 :  01:46:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tim,were you with Church's company at Deerfield last year?I was there as Native with Kenny and it was great even with that little dab of snow which made it all the more correct.So far sI know, I will be there this year again.
Tom Patton/Okwaho

It's great to be an Indian ally of the French.

Tim Cordell
Pioneer

USA

July 18 2002

Posted - January 23 2005 :  12:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just in from the "blizzard". Also had to climb onto the roof to clear the ice from the septic pipe...Of course, I got stuck up there in the snow & ice- and the fire dept. was going to be called so I got down pronto..Too embarassing.
At Deerfield last year I was with Bob Bearor and Les Troupes. (You can't have enough French.) The first person that I met upon arrival was Kenny of Church's Company. He was, as always, wonderfully accoutered as all of Church's/Harmon's members are. I emailed the Deerfield site but all messages have been returned and I have not seen The Raid mentioned on the site yet. I was told by a very reliable source that it was planned. It does seem though that if the event were to take place, that it would have been made public weeks ago. So, we shall have to keep watching. This year I want to go just for picture taking for reference in any illustrating that I might want to do of the period. Regards, Tim

Tim Cordell

Tim Cordell
Pioneer

USA

July 18 2002

Posted - January 24 2005 :  12:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have done a little digging on the Deerfield event. Accoring to the Jan.16th edition of "The Republican"--a western Massachusettes newspaper, "Historic Deefield" will be reenacting the raid again this year on Feb. 26 & 27. Last year over 3000 attended (spectators & reenactors).I will advise when more info is available..Tim

Tim Cordell
  Previous Topic: British Infantry Support Weapons...Pros & Cons Topic Next Topic: Indian/ hawkey knives  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.31 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07