The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/7/2024 3:33:10 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Deleted Scenes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Oscars Due LOTM Topic Next Topic: Heyward is a hottie fo sho!!!!  

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
February 04 2003

Posted - November 22 2003 :  06:05:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My friend Paul Day of the 60th,who was an extra in LOTM,tells me of a deleted scene from Massacre Valley.Apparently,there is a squad of highlanders who are the first ones targeted because the Indians wanted some payback from "The Courier" scene.Incidentally,Paul was behind the soldier who was clubbed by the indian who appeared from the woodline in one of the probing attacks on the column.

I think an additional highlander scene would have been great in the movie.Does anyone know of any other scenes that never made it past the cutting room floor?

Highlander
report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 22 2003 :  07:18:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Know? No! ... but, reportedly a few:
  • the Alice/Uncas extended kiss/hug/or whatever it was
  • Uncas receiving his abdominal wound at the lake shoreline
  • scenes of Indian barbarisms at Massacre Valley
  • a volley of the 60th with a low cloud of lingering smoke
  • Moon over Mohicanland ending ... ooops! How did that get in here?!?
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - November 22 2003 :  9:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

Know? No! ... but, reportedly a few:
  • the Alice/Uncas extended kiss/hug/or whatever it was
  • Uncas receiving his abdominal wound at the lake shoreline
  • scenes of Indian barbarisms at Massacre Valley
  • a volley of the 60th with a low cloud of lingering smoke
  • Moon over Mohicanland ending ... ooops! How did that get in here?!?

I wonder if we can get another version out.If you look at the Alien series,or Lord of the Rings,there are versions that have all of the footage that was shot.(With Aliens,there was a Special Edition that had additional footage,but there is due out a Director's Cut that purportedly shows the cocooning of Apone & Deitrich ).Another thing Sachem Rich,did the Indians take any casualties during the fight scenes in LOTM at all at the hands of the regulars/provincials?I've even slow-mowed it and couldn't see any.It seems that Michael Mann bought into the stereotype that the redcoats waited in nice formations for the indians to come up and kill them.

Highlander

Hawkeye_Joe
Colonial Militia

USA

July 31 2003

Posted - November 24 2003 :  7:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well they actually did that during Braddock's defeat.(hence the defeat)so it really isn't a stereotype. The other thing about having the Highlanders show up in Massacre Valley was that there were no Highland Units at Ft. WH.

HAWK

"The scum of every nation gravitates to the frontier."
Benjamin Franklin 1750

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin 1759

The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."

"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - November 25 2003 :  4:58:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye_Joe

Well they actually did that during Braddock's defeat.(hence the defeat)so it really isn't a stereotype. The other thing about having the Highlanders show up in Massacre Valley was that there were no Highland Units at Ft. WH.

It is my understanding that there were some Highlanders at WH although no more than a platoon.But even if this were the case,then what were they doing in the movie then?Also,the French & Indians suffered nearly 50 casualties at Braddock's Defeat,so somebody was doing something right.

Highlander
  Previous Topic: Oscars Due LOTM Topic Next Topic: Heyward is a hottie fo sho!!!!  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.58 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07