The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/4/2024 8:25:55 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 What's your favourite LOTM pic?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: D D-L The Gangs Of New York Topic Next Topic: LOTM Memorabilia
Page: of 3

sidony
Pioneer

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
June 21 2002

Posted - July 08 2002 :  11:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine is the picture of Hawkeye and Cora that appears on some LOTM movie posters. She's leaning back in his arms with her eyes closed in rapture- or so I presume! I love the amber lighting used, which made them look absolutely stunning. The chemistry between them was really apparent in that picture, to me at least!

P.S I apologize for going a bit crazy with the new topics, but I've been holed up with chicken pox for the last week and I'm making up for lost time!:)

report to moderator

Adele
The Huggy Merchant

May 17 2002

Posted - July 09 2002 :  04:25:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Adele a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well it's not a pic...but one of my favourite shots from the movie (aside from the scenery, which wins top prize for me!) is the shot of Hawkeye when he breaks into a broad smile at Cora after he says 'I'm looking at you Miss'. I love that shot simply because you so rarely see DDL smile in ANY movie!!

HM

report to moderator Go to Top of Page

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 09 2002 :  11:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Those are all dandy, but lets not forget the shot of the look Uncas gives to Alice at the falls AND last but not least, the infirmary shot where we faint-hearted get a wee glimpse of Uncas's butt-cheek. Nothing like seeing it on the big screen...

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 09 2002 :  12:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ladies, ladies ... you really are so pathetic ... those aren't the best shots at all! While there are some great landscapes and butt shots [for the ladies], there's one that stands above them all.

There are two great painting-esque shots, though, that rank among my favorites. One is during the Courier scene. Uncas & Hawkeye are firing, while 2 colonials (one of whom is Mark Baker) pass the rifles ... the setting sun is a-glow in the background - contrasting with the darkness. Beautiful scene. The other would be during the argument between Jack & Hawkeye and Colonel Munro in the Fort. The lighting is absolutely perfect.

But, back to the very best:

Yep! That's the one ... right?

Rich
Mohican Press

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 09 2002 :  3:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

NO fair Rich! You've got all the pics on your server so most of the rest of us can't post pictures in retaliation. Try as I might, i could not find the afore-mentioned Uncas/Alice waterfall shot on a page by itself that I could fire back with. Ah well, I think you are still outnumbered on this one Richie, technical skills aside.
Stephanie
P.S. To Lainey...feel free to jump in and rescue us any time!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 09 2002 :  7:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ok, Steph ... in the interest of fairness ... most all our photos are kept in a directory called "images." If you want to utilize any of them in a post, click the "Insert Image" icon, and within the two sets of brackets that will appear in your message area type:

http://www.mohicanpress.com/images/name-of-image.jpg [though a few are .gif]

Clicking on this particular link will cause an error, obviously!

There you go ... a level playing field!

Karen W
Colonial Settler

Hair Feathers
USA

June 04 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 13 2002 :  8:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I vote with Huggy for the smiling Hawkeye shot!! A DDL smile
is a rare smile indeed.
Karen W

Diana
Pioneer

May 18 2002

Posted - July 20 2002 :  1:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Greetings:

I don't know about particular pictures, I just know that ANYTHING with Montcalm in it is fine by me.

Also, I like the two instances when Nathaniel rescues Cora and Alice from the throes of death.

Lastly, the scene when Chianchnook is just about to deliver him final blow to Magna. Spectacular shot.

Those are my favorites.

Diana

Ellie
Pioneer

mountain scene
United Kingdom

July 22 2002

Posted - July 22 2002 :  12:09:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

I am new to this board, I cant beleive I have not subscribed for so long but I have finally got around to it! I have been a huge LOTM fan since I saw it at the cinema in the UK nearly 10 years ago.

Anyway, I thought a good place to start would be my favourite picture/scene and it would have to be one of the screen shots of Hawkeye and Cora under the waterfall, holding onto eachother!

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 22 2002 :  2:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome Ellie,

WHERE YA BEEN????? I think my favorite comes right after that one as Hawkeye hangs on the last painful gaze onto Cora's face before plunging through the falls.

Make sure you get a look around the whole site. It is AMAZING!!!! And again, welcome to the "community"!

Diana S. (Gadget Girl)

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 17 2002 :  02:23:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jodhi May fans may like this link.

http://members.tripod.com/athena204/mohicans.htm

In these scenes, Jodhi certainly conveys the grimness of Alice's situation after she was captured.

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - August 19 2002 :  6:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I like it when Duncan Haywood leads the 35th Grenadiers outside of Ft.William Henry in forms them up in ranks and close order to prepare to volley fire against the oncoming barbarian hordes(DVD Version)

Edmond N.Highlander Jr.

Two Kettles
Colonial Settler

USA

August 01 2002

Posted - August 19 2002 :  11:33:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"...oncoming barbarian hordes." You mean the gallant troops (or should I say troupes) of his most Catholic Majesty, Louis, King of France and of Navarre?

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - September 02 2002 :  12:07:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes,one in the same.Have you seen the DVD version?This rabble looks more like Napolean's Army retreating from Moscow than any troops of his most Christian Majesty,King Louis.

Edmond N.Highlander Jr.

Many Flags
Colonial Settler

USA

August 13 2002

Posted - September 02 2002 :  06:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My cousin Malcolm and I have put our heads together about this. I can tell ye that his least favorite "picture" (scene) is of the 60th Royal American Grenadiers wearing Gren caps with BEAR FUR on them!! Only the Highland Grenadiers (77th, 42nd) were wearing bear fur Gren Caps at that time. But dear Sjt. Malcolm does watch the meadow scene intensely. It's that Scottish fascination with warfare!! As for me, it could be the beginning sequence, it could be the trek with the ladies after the ambush.....you know, those scenes that a long hunter would cherish. But, the best.....is the scene in the beginning at the Cameron's cabin......sitting by firelight, visiting with folk, having a bit of a smoke and libation. Reminds me of the evenings in Seamus's cabin with me cousin Seamus, young MacFarlane (God rest his soul), Andrew Kunz, and others. Those are the best of times which bring pictures to mind....with comrades.
Pax Aye!

Many Flags (and mumbling, grumbling Sjt. MacWm.!!)

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - September 02 2002 :  6:38:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dear cousin,I believe that you are referring to the grenadiers of the 35th who wore the bearskin caps as the 6oth were scalped in the ambushthey did have Fraser's Highlanders kitted out properly however.Slagh!

Edmond N.Highlander Jr.

Many Flags
Colonial Settler

USA

August 13 2002

Posted - September 03 2002 :  10:58:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
McKinnon....Nay, Lad....i'm referring to the first scene with Webb...the guards on post were, I believe, 60th....I could be wrong, my eyesight going the same ways as my hearing lately. Either way....no bear should be on those caps....they not being Scots!! Sjt. MacWm. Slante'

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - September 03 2002 :  1:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ah,yes I remember now.Those were the 60th also.EM

Edmond N.Highlander Jr.

Ongewasgone
Pioneer

Gothic Guy 2
Italy

September 17 2002

Posted - September 18 2002 :  2:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ongewasgone's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I know that you'll think that my opinion about "the best picture in the movie" is decided by the fact that I'm the greatest Jodhi May's fan in Italy...Anyways, it doesn't matter!
The image I most like is Jodhi May's face a bit before Alice jumps over the cliff.
See you

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - September 18 2002 :  6:16:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is this the image you mean?

Theresa

mohicanwarrior
Pioneer

indian warrior
USA

October 08 2002

Posted - October 09 2002 :  8:28:46 PM  Show Profile  Click to see mohicanwarrior's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

I would have to say since I am new to this board also that my favorite pic would be the one Teresa put up, that picture just smaks an image in your mind. Whenever I think of this movie that picture is the one that comes to me. So that is my favorite picture.
Mohicanwarrior

hunterpredatorxx
Lost in the Wilderness

indian warrior
USA

October 09 2002

Posted - October 09 2002 :  10:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i say the best picture in the movie is magua's face before alice jumps off the cliff.

mohicanwarrior
Pioneer

indian warrior
USA

October 08 2002

Posted - October 10 2002 :  4:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Click to see mohicanwarrior's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah that was a good pic that suck in my mind. I would also have to say the one where Uncas gives Alice that look by the watherfalls. Wow that one
just has to be my second favorite. MohicanWarrior

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - October 12 2002 :  08:33:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mine is Uncas giving Alice that look before she climbs the rocks at the waterfall. Other favorites are Uncas up on the rocks, closeup, looking at Magua; the photo of Hawkeye giving Cora the 'you stay alive' speech with the falls in the background see CD photos); others, too.

Keneta (SasaLucy)
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

Brenda
Pioneer

Wink
Canada

June 17 2002

Posted - October 14 2002 :  11:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One of my many favorite pictures!

Brenda

“They say that you're never as wise as when you're a child. We'll never think that clearly again.”
From Arlington Road (1999)

Ellie
Pioneer

mountain scene
United Kingdom

July 22 2002

Posted - October 15 2002 :  08:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Brenda, your picture is spot on! Great shot, isnt she just beautiful?!

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: D D-L The Gangs Of New York Topic Next Topic: LOTM Memorabilia  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.55 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07