The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/4/2024 10:14:20 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 What's your favourite LOTM pic?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: D D-L The Gangs Of New York Topic Next Topic: LOTM Memorabilia
Page: of 3

CT•Ranger
Colonial Militia

indian ... nicholas
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
October 14 2002

Posted - October 15 2002 :  2:11:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Edmund McKinnon:
Dear cousin,I believe that you are referring to the grenadiers of the 35th who wore the bearskin caps as the 6oth were scalped in the ambushthey did have Fraser's Highlanders kitted out properly however.Slagh!

Edmond N.Highlander Jr.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Were those supposed to be the 35th? I always assumed they were the 27th Inniskillings. The 27th was at Ft. William Henry and had buff colored facings just like the soldiers in the film. The 35th, Monro's Regt., had distinctive orange facings on their regimentals. It just really bugs me when hollywood types get the uniforms wrong, and they don't care! I guess their reasoning is to pick a generalized representative uniform so us "ignorant" moviegoers don't get confused. I guess I'll just go on believing that their the 27th when I watch the movie. And another thing, there weren't any Highlanders at Ft. William Henry during the seige, so they shouldn't even be in the film. I'll shut up now.

- CT•Ranger

"Now we are glad to learn the skulking way of war.” - John Eliot
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

mohicanwarrior
Pioneer

indian warrior
USA

October 08 2002

Posted - October 15 2002 :  7:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Click to see mohicanwarrior's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah I guess I could go for that Picture of Cora

Ongewasgone
Pioneer

Gothic Guy 2
Italy

September 17 2002

Posted - October 17 2002 :  08:41:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ongewasgone's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Exactly Theresa!!

Ithiliana
Colonial Settler

Ithiliana
USA

November 07 2002

Posted - November 07 2002 :  09:05:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Ithiliana an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Does anyone know any good websites for where I could find some pretty pictures?

"...and does that reason wear a striped skirt and work in the surgery?"

Mylene
Pathfinder

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)

November 07 2002

Posted - November 07 2002 :  09:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Mylene an AOL message  Send Mylene a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have to say I'm quite partial to war scenes. Therefore, one of my two fav. scenes is when Nathaniel saved the war party the first time, and flipped the Huron upside down...The other one is when Duncan falls down before Cora and Nathaniel have their talk about Natty's father, and his past.
---------------------------------------------------

Do not underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Vixen
Colonial Settler

Duncan

November 07 2002

Posted - November 07 2002 :  09:39:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My fav scene(s).... where Duncan falls down...^ i saw that part too...... hilarious.... i also like the part where alice, cora, and duncan get captured by magua and his shamen person thing.... and natty comes to rescue them... but the part in particular about that scene would have to be when Duncan scarifices his life for cora...duncan has always been my favorite character...i know that your probably looking at me weird, but you have to give him some credit for giving up his life for cora, even though he knows that she doesnt love him, and loves hawkeye instead...i just kinda respect him for that. also because he has the coolest name and he looks like a pig.....

"What are they doing to Duncan?!?"
-Cora Munro

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - November 10 2002 :  4:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here is my newest favorite photo which I just discovered yesterday. Now, let's see if I can get it to insert...DARN! How do you download photos on here??

Keneta (SasaLucy)
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - November 10 2002 :  4:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And another thing, there weren't any Highlanders at Ft. William Henry during the seige, so they shouldn't even be in the film. I'll shut up now.

- CT•Ranger
If you blink,you'll miss 'em.But don't they look cool thoughEM

Capt.John Graham
Cmdr.42nd Highlanders

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - November 11 2002 :  7:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
[img][/a:DDL poster img]

Keneta (SasaLucy)

Keneta
Pioneer

Uncas
USA

September 07 2002

Posted - November 11 2002 :  7:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Keneta a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Testing, testing, testing......

Keneta (SasaLucy)

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 12 2002 :  04:45:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Keneta ...

Your image URL must look similar to this:

http://www.mohicanpress.com/images/name of photo.jpg

Your address will be different, of couse, but it must start with the http://!! Then it will have the domain name [in this example, www.mohicanpress.com], followed by the directory the image is in, if any [in this case, images, and finally the name of the image itself, name of photo.jpg.

Note that each of those is separated by a /. Plus, the image must have a .jpg or a .gif extention.
Then, you need to surround that entire bit with "forum code," in this case: img & /img - each surrounded by brackets.

The first part opens the statement. The second part - with the / in it, closes it. All the code works in that way.

Also, the image you are trying to link to must be on the Internet somewhere.

If you can't get it, send the picture to me, or point me to its Internet address, and I'll hook it up for you.

Here we go:

Ithiliana
Colonial Settler

Ithiliana
USA

November 07 2002

Posted - November 12 2002 :  6:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Ithiliana an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
well, ive gotta say that this is probably one of my favorite shots in the entire movie:
http://members.fortunecity.com/jodhimay/images/mohican02/mohican02_042.jpg[/IMG]
(runs far away so vixen cant kill her)

Le Poisson Rouge Seudois du Chaos
Conspiracy of One

Vixen
Colonial Settler

Duncan

November 07 2002

Posted - November 12 2002 :  6:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ithi.... just wait untill i can get my hands on you... you shall die!!!!!

-Cora Munro

Ithiliana
Colonial Settler

Ithiliana
USA

November 07 2002

Posted - November 12 2002 :  6:39:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Ithiliana an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
btw, if anyone has a specific picture in mind, i have an excellent source and can probably post it in here as long as they are not used for commercial purposes, etc....

Conspiracy of One

Vixen
Colonial Settler

Duncan

November 07 2002

Posted - November 12 2002 :  6:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
alrighty then ithi...hmmmmmm....
1)Duncans profile (you know which one im talking about)
2)Chingachgooks expression as hes running to save the dying Uncas
3)Duncan falls down...
4)duncan proposing
5)Cora's face when alice dies
6)Natty running to save Cora (that pic that you had...in bok)
7)any and everything Duncan
8)Natty falling down (heh heh)
9)Natty holding up that special belt of his
10)the sexy (ahem!) but cheeks of the indians, right before they attack on the retreating army
11)Natty grabbing Duncans rifle (in case your aim is no better then your judgement)
12)The smile on the soldiers face just before magua kills him (first attack...when natty meets cora *ahem!*)
13)anything with Nattys chin sticking out
14)when chingachgook kills the indian with his blue thingy...(BAD IMAGE! *imitates duncan)
thats all i can think of right now...ill give you more later...heh heh, i know thats a lot...but hey! watching the movie again and again does wonders for your enthusiasm!

-Cora Munro

Vixen
Colonial Settler

Duncan

November 07 2002

Posted - November 12 2002 :  6:57:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
wait! up date! like mylene said...when natty flips the indian over...and when natty gets arrested...

-Cora Munro

Ithiliana
Colonial Settler

Ithiliana
USA

November 07 2002

Posted - November 12 2002 :  7:03:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Ithiliana an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ummmm.....vix, ill try to post some of those but first i want the admin's (rich?) permission to post the pics in here, so its not like im spamming or whatever.

Conspiracy of One

Ithiliana
Colonial Settler

Ithiliana
USA

November 07 2002

Posted - November 13 2002 :  5:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Ithiliana an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
testing something with my avatar......

okay, lets see now....

Conspiracy of One

Ithiliana
Colonial Settler

Ithiliana
USA

November 07 2002

Posted - November 13 2002 :  5:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Ithiliana an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
grrrrr....ummmm...rich? is there anything i can do about my avatar being all squished and everything...? its annoying the **** out of me... :(

Conspiracy of One

Vixen
Colonial Settler

Duncan

November 07 2002

Posted - November 13 2002 :  6:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
thanks ithi...yeah, i know you cant find half of those...but you know which ones are funny...does anyone happen to know any website where i can play music from the movie and not have to download it or anything fancy like that? thx, really appreciate it :-)

-Cora Munro

Mylene
Pathfinder

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)

November 07 2002

Posted - November 16 2002 :  12:23:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Mylene an AOL message  Send Mylene a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
*coughs* Have I just been ignored??? I was the one who first commented when you showed me that pic, ithi! and I know that URL, so you better be nice to me or I'll blab it to the world with that big mouth everyone knows I have *wink*...anyway, I really like the "flying" scene after the waterfall...I wanna fly too *pout*

Silence is golden...but shouting is fun!

Ithiliana
Colonial Settler

Ithiliana
USA

November 07 2002

Posted - November 16 2002 :  12:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Ithiliana an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
okies.....im gonna start another folder and post all requested pics there...and rich, thx for fixing my avatar...it looks sooooo much better now

Conspiracy of One

Vixen
Colonial Settler

Duncan

November 07 2002

Posted - November 16 2002 :  4:20:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cool, thanks Ithi!

-Cora Munro

daire
Colonial Settler

USA

November 17 2002

Posted - November 17 2002 :  8:54:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This is ONE of my favorite shots in LOTM...hope it works...

If not, go here: http://www.daire.org/miscgraphics/hawkeye10.jpg

daire

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - November 17 2002 :  10:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, that's a good one. I don't believe I've ever seen this particular still shot. Thanks!

Theresa
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: D D-L The Gangs Of New York Topic Next Topic: LOTM Memorabilia  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.42 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07