The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/4/2024 11:19:00 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The French & Indian War
 French&Indian war/Seven Years War Films
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Best French and Indian War film, other than LOTM Topic Next Topic: New to Group  

susquesus
Mad Hermit of the North Woods

Susquesus
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
September 03 2003

Posted - September 07 2003 :  12:23:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello- I'm looking for movies about the Seven Years war. Thus far I've only found "LOTM" and "Rogers Rangers"(is it available on video or DVD?) Any help would be greatly appreciated-Thanks all!
report to moderator

Al Amos
Pathfinder

USA

August 02 2003

Posted - September 07 2003 :  3:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Barry Lyndin
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

susquesus

Susquesus
USA

September 03 2003

Posted - September 07 2003 :  4:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I didn't realize that there was a European theatre in the Seven Years war, good to know, thanks.

Hawkeye_Joe
Colonial Militia

USA

July 31 2003

Posted - September 07 2003 :  6:34:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Northwest Passage" with Spencer Tracy and Robert Young. Yes it is available on VHS I'm not sure about DVD. Also a new movie I'm not sure of anything about it since I haven't seen it called "When the Forest Ran Red: Washington, Braddock & a Doomed Army". The DeMille/Gary Cooper "Unconquered" is set during the upheaval right after the Seven Years War called Pontiac's Conspiracy, set around Ft.Pitt, in color too..This one is available in VHS. I just watched it again yesterday as a matter of fact.. I still like it..I wish they would remake it........."Northwest Passage" as well...

HAWK

"The scum of every nation gravitates to the frontier."
Benjamin Franklin 1750

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin 1759

The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."

"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."

Scott Bubar
Colonial Militia

USA

May 17 2002

Posted - September 07 2003 :  6:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"The whole world is on fire."

It's funny that there is so little out there in America on the Seven Year's War. It played such a major role in the shaping of what was to become our nation.

Some have called it the first World War. The superpowers of the time duked it out on the continent with their big guns, but the what happened in the American theater shaped not only the events that were to follow within a few decades, but the landscape of the modern world.

Not to mention the fact that old George--or perhaps Tanaghrisson, the Iroquois half-king guiding him--lit the spark.

Of course, the Revolution itself gets pretty short shrift.

~~Aim small, miss small.

susquesus

Susquesus
USA

September 03 2003

Posted - September 07 2003 :  6:58:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Northwest Passage"-No wonder I couldn't find any reference to a film entitled "Rogers Rangers". I saw it late one night on Turner Classic movies and haven't been able to find any more info. That will make life easier as I search for it. Thanks for the help.

Jumonville
Pathfinder

Captain Jack Winthrop

August 30 2003

Posted - September 10 2003 :  5:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Allegheny Uprising" with John Wayne is a 1939 movie portraying frontier strife between settlers and Indians in Western PA.

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - September 10 2003 :  6:17:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, I think Allegheny Uprising was as much about strife between colonials and Brits as it was about strife between colonials and indians. It kind of sets the tone for what comes later....Rev War.

You know, considering, there really were not many movies on that F&I period that I can recall. So many have been done on Rev War. Probably more has been done on Salem Witch Hysteria than on this important time in our colonial history. Wonder why that is? And what about that vastly important event when Wolfe and Montcalm met in Quebec? I mean, all of Canada becomes a part of the British empire. Jeez. Come on Hollywood!

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - September 10 2003 :  11:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have to agree with you, Bill. Just imagine the battle on the Plains of Abraham. That first volley from the British. The lines of White Coats breaking. Wolfe and Montcalm both being killed. The French Milice holding off the British. Great stuff! And after the filming, there might be a lot of surplus stuff for sale. The Patriot was a real source for me.
  Previous Topic: Best French and Indian War film, other than LOTM Topic Next Topic: New to Group  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.3 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07