The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/5/2024 4:23:30 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 eastern woodland tattoos
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Eric Schweig movie Topic Next Topic: LOTM on ny laptop  

Tomokacrow
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
August 19 2003

Posted - August 20 2003 :  6:22:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all let me say hello to everyone I'm new to this web sight. My name is Larry Yaylor and I live in North Carolina about 30 mins from where The Last of the Mohicans was made . My wife and I have been Rendezvousing for about 13 years now . If anyone could please help me I'm looking for pictures of Woodland tattoos and their real meanings because I want to get some of them and I want to know what they mean. I have some Cherokee blood . Thank you Larry ( Tomoka ) as how do i post a picture ?
report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 20 2003 :  7:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Larry -

Good timing! - Oh, and welcome! - We have a member here, ED209, who worked in the tattoo department during the production of The Last of the Mohicans. See the thread On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans. Anyway, he's working on a page for the site and I just asked him the other day - 'cause we always get asked about the tattoo stuff - to try to elaborate on that a bit. We'll see what he comes up with. Maybe that'll help you a bit. We ought to have at least a partial installment up over the weekend sometime.

Meanwhile, I'm going to move this topic into the regular LOTM forum, since it's not really locations related ...
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Hawkeye_Joe
Colonial Militia

USA

July 31 2003

Posted - August 20 2003 :  8:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ted Franklin Belue, who is a Professor and an author has done a lot of research into Indian tattooing. He wrote at least one article in Muzzleloader Magazine about it and maybe has more done by now.

http://www.murraystate.edu/qacd/expert/facdtl.cfm?did=203

HAWK

"The scum of every nation gravitates to the frontier."
Benjamin Franklin 1750

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin 1759

The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."

"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 21 2003 :  08:37:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richfed
We have a member here, ED209, who worked in the tattoo department during the production of The Last of the Mohicans. See the thread On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans. Anyway, he's working on a page for the site and I just asked him the other day - 'cause we always get asked about the tattoo stuff - to try to elaborate on that a bit. We'll see what he comes up with. Maybe that'll help you a bit. We ought to have at least a partial installment up over the weekend sometime.

Cool!!! That's exciting news!

Hi Larry! Told ya' someone else here could probably help ya'!

You asked how to post a picture...
If you have the photo on a disk (your harddrive or a floppy), you can easily insert it into your post. There is a little paper clip icon right below the box that you type your message into. It says "Upload an image file from your PC for Insertion in your post." Just click on the paper clip, and follow the prompts in the box that comes up. Rich says to keep the images small: about 500 pixels wide.

If you want to post a photo of yourself into your profile or you want to open a photo album... ask Sachem Richfed!
  Previous Topic: Eric Schweig movie Topic Next Topic: LOTM on ny laptop  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.23 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07