The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
7/6/2024 4:24:51 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The French & Indian War
 New F&I Documentary Premiere
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: This Day in History Topic Next Topic: The Battle of Grants Hill
Page: of 2

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
February 04 2003

Posted - March 26 2003 :  05:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The premiere of "George Washington's First War:The Battles for Fort Duquesne" will premiere on Wednesay,May 21st at Soldiers & Sailors Hall in Pittsburgh,Pa.In addition to the film,there will also be speakers on various F&I topics plus reenactors.A good time will be had by all.For more details,check out www.paladincom.com

Highlander
report to moderator

Sgt.Reynolds
Pathfinder

Longhunter With Dogs
USA

April 24 2003

Posted - April 24 2003 :  01:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sgt.Reynolds's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The boys & I will be coming down from IUP for this one.I thought that the first one was cool.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - April 24 2003 :  8:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good deal.There is seating for 1,800 so the more the merrierI'm heartily looking to it.In addition to both movies being shown,I hear that Jonathan Swift,author of "Along the Allgheny Trail"will be speaking.

Highlander

60thGrenadier
Pathfinder

King 2
USA

April 30 2003

Posted - April 30 2003 :  03:05:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit 60thGrenadier's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't forget us,it seems like just yesterday when the 77th an us were defending "Grant's Hill" from the savage hordes of the French & Indians.I believe that this production will be much better than when we filmed WTFRR.

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - May 01 2003 :  12:49:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's what we are shooting for.This has been the only thing that has been done to date for the upcoming 250th F&I anniversary.We haven't seen anything from the so-called "War For Empire Consortium",and probably never will

Highlander

One Nut
Pathfinder

Longhunter in Snow

April 22 2003

Posted - May 01 2003 :  01:50:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You can count on me and Six Pak to be there, complete with some specially aged molasses, Pax Aye!!!!

Willie "One Nut" Macgregor
Evil Frontier Trader &
Not-So-Longhunter

60thGrenadier
Pathfinder

King 2
USA

April 30 2003

Posted - May 01 2003 :  10:12:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit 60thGrenadier's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And I'll have me flask of Madeira wine

Shawnee Scout
Pathfinder

Indian Party
USA

May 01 2003

Posted - May 01 2003 :  11:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shawnee Scout's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Looks like a cool place to hang out.I'm there dudes!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 06 2003 :  06:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Passed along by Ed Highlander:

Hello Ed --

I'm hoping you will pass the word to all the email lists you know. Last night we finished cutting the feature documentary, George Washington's First War, which as you know premieres at Soldiers & Sailors on May 21. This film is the sequel to 2001's When the Forest Ran Red, covering the opening of the French and Indian War and culminating in Braddock's Defeat. Forest earned five national awards and was seen on PBS affiliates all over the country.

The new documentary picks up with the dead on Braddock's Field, chronicles George Washington's adventures as the defender of the Virginia frontier, and then brings viewers up close with the campaign of Gen. John Forbes to capture Fort Duquesne.

It's vital that we get the word out about the premiere. It will be a big evening--Hollywood coming to Pittsburgh, with proceeds benefitting Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall. The evening will feature:
  • Scores of French & indian War reenactors representing the British, French, and Native American empires

• Historical fidder Chuck Krepley (musical director of the film)

• Bagpiper Jon Love (who helped score the film)

• “Artists row” featuring Robert Griffing, John Buxton, Andrew Knez, Jr., Robert Adamovich, Fred Threlfall, and hopefully Nat Youngblood all in person

• Three art dealers representing the above artists

• A celebrity emcee and many VIPs, including Pittsburgh Mayor Tom Murphy, Pittsburgh Filmmakers Executive Director Charlie Humphrey, and State Rep. John A. Maher

• Displays by historical organizations

• National Park Service bookstore

• The 12-minute featurette Making 'George Washington's First War'

• A rare Pittsburgh history film surprise

• The 85-minute epic feature documentary George Washington's First War, filmed in 5 states over 10 months and featuring some of the world's leading Colonial-era scholars as well as more than 600 reenactors

• Access to the entire Soldiers & Sailors National Military Museum & Memorial

We encourage everyone to come celebrate our region's incredible heritage on Wednesday, May 21. Doors open at 5:30; the program begins at 7:00. Tickets are $5 in advance and $7 at the door. You can find more information at http://www.paladincom.com, or call us toll-free at 1-866-831-4840 (although we may need to return your call due to short-staffing and running around getting ready for the premiere). There are about 1,500 good seats in the auditorium--let's fill the place up! We are determined to have the first, biggest, and best Colonial party ever in Pittsburgh.

Please, anyone who receives this notice--pass it on. This is our labor of love and an evening and film that will serve not only Southwestern Pennsylvania but the entire Nation, given that we have also produced an educational kit to accompany the film that meets state and national secondary school standards for social studies.

We hope to see you there!

Thanks very much,
Robert & Mary Matzen
Co-Producers
When the Forest Ran Red and George Washington's First War

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 06 2003 :  08:19:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sorry Rich, I just e-mailed you the same thing from R. Matzen. I guess I should have checked the board first.

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - May 07 2003 :  12:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Excellent,Thanks Rich

Highlander

Private MacDougal
Pathfinder

British soldier
USA

April 29 2003

Posted - May 07 2003 :  05:08:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I understand that Sgt. Munro's solo fight scene turned out really cool, even though he does get killed in the end.

Your Most Humble Servant,

Pte. Angus MacDougal
Capt. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment

Grenouille
Colonial Settler

May 17 2002

Posted - May 07 2003 :  11:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Grenouille's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Will the videos go on sale at the Heinz Center the day after the video premieres? I'll probably order my copy through them, that's where I got my copy of W.T.F.R.R....they were quick in sending it out, too...it only took like two days....

Cheers,
Jim

60thGrenadier
Pathfinder

King 2
USA

April 30 2003

Posted - May 08 2003 :  01:36:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit 60thGrenadier's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Since the Heinz History Center chose not to back this production,and threw in their lot with the War For Empire Consortium(that hasn't even begun to film their three hour PBS movie yet))it is unlikely that they will get videos quicker than anyone else this time around

Your best bet is to order directly from the Paladin website www.paladincom.com It would be great if you showed it up at your event

God Save The King

Grenouille
Colonial Settler

May 17 2002

Posted - May 08 2003 :  09:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Grenouille's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi,
There's an idea, maybe we can show the movie at the Saw Mill amphitheatre on Thursday night for the early arrivals. We won't be able to use the amphitheatre on Friday & Saturday night because there is a play going on there. I'll talk to Dale about it. I think some scenes from the movie were filmed at last year's Cook Forest F & I event.

Regards,
Jim

60thGrenadier
Pathfinder

King 2
USA

April 30 2003

Posted - May 08 2003 :  3:24:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit 60thGrenadier's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You are correct sir.It seems like just yesterday when we were laughing at Paul Day floating down the creek while we were filming.After seven or eight takes in the ice cold water,Director Matzen then told him that there wasn't any film in the cameraI'm told that all of the shots from Cook's Forest really came out well.My guess is that the sequel will be ten times better than the original

God Save The King

Sgt.Reynolds
Pathfinder

Longhunter With Dogs
USA

April 24 2003

Posted - May 12 2003 :  03:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sgt.Reynolds's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I remember when Paul Day was in the water.What a sight!This was supposed to be a scene from "The Battle of Grant's Hill" that took place around Hogg's Pond.I'm told that that "The Murder Pond Scene" with the Highlander & Sgt.Munro takes place in this general vicinity.I can't wait

Gunner Wilson
Lost in the Wilderness

Paratrooper
USA

April 29 2003

Posted - May 12 2003 :  10:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Highlander, I can't wait for the movie release. It will be neat to see even a glimpse of me, although I was playing French Milice.

YH&OS,
Gunner Alex Wilson RA

Shawnee Scout
Pathfinder

Indian Party
USA

May 01 2003

Posted - May 12 2003 :  4:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shawnee Scout's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dudes,you forget the part where yours truly,like really pummeled that fat,bald highlander.

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 12 2003 :  5:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Since all you guys are going to the premiere, would you ALL be so kind as to sign the DVD Dear Seamus is picking up for me that evening? Are all of you from the Pittsburg area? I'll thank you in advance and look forward to ALL the signatures from the "Muster Boys"!!!

GG

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 12 2003 :  10:48:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dear GG,
I will be glad to have my boys and I sign it, Seamus is coming up early to the 'burgh, and I'm giving him a little tour of some of the interesting sights. One Nut says he'll sign it too, if you want.

Your Most Humble Servant,

-Or-

60thGrenadier
Pathfinder

King 2
USA

April 30 2003

Posted - May 12 2003 :  10:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit 60thGrenadier's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My dear scout,which fat & balding highlander are you referring to?

God Save The King

Shawnee Scout
Pathfinder

Indian Party
USA

May 01 2003

Posted - May 19 2003 :  05:30:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shawnee Scout's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 60thGrenadier

My dear scout,which fat & balding highlander are you referring to?

God Save The King

You know,that dude who like,moved to Florida.

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 19 2003 :  06:28:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here I thought you were refering to me, and I am not quite bald yet. The scene I thought was in question was the one where I was laying face down in the mud, with stage blood all over my head, while the creepy crawlies were venturing up my kilt. I think that Matzen must had done about 10 takes before he found the right scene.

Your Most Humble, Plump, and Only Early Stage Male Pattern Baldness,

-Or-

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 19 2003 :  10:09:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
P.S.- After all, isn't our impression from the mid-18th century? The way I read it, having a belly was considered a "prosperous look", there was even prostetic ones for those who were 'victually challenged'. I also seem to recall that wigs were a male fashion statement.
So, slap a peruke on my head and its "Yeah, Baby!!!! Grrrrrrrrr", look out Mel Gibson, Duncan got back!!!

-Or-

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - May 20 2003 :  04:39:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I dislike the term "horizontally challenged" and prefer "pleasingly plump" instead.I know the ladie's hearts will swoon when we make "our" appearance on screen.

Highlander
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: This Day in History Topic Next Topic: The Battle of Grants Hill  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.52 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07