The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
7/3/2024 4:24:36 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 OFF THE BEATEN TRAIL
 Movies, Movies, More Movies! Any Movies!
 Twelve Monkeys
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Skins released on DVD & VHS Topic Next Topic: The Four Feathers  

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 19 2002

Posted - March 13 2003 :  4:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a rare opportunity to get my hands on the TV remote at our house the other night - only because my husband had gone to bed! - and while I was surfing around to see what was on, I happened to catch "Twelve Monkeys" (released in 1995). The film was just starting & I could tell from the beginning that it wasn't the sort of movie I would normally be interested in, but I did watch it because Madeleine Stowe was in it. Aside from LOTM, I've only seen her in one other movie (it was some "B" grade western, I think it was called "Bad Girls"?????). The plot of "Twelve Monkeys" turned out to have some interesting twists, but I just wasn't convinced of any on-screen attraction between her character & the one portrayed by Bruce Willis. I guess, after seeing her with DD-L in LOTM, any other on-screen love interests are going to be a letdown, anyway!

Has anyone else seen this movie? Your thoughts???

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle
report to moderator

CT•Ranger
Colonial Militia

indian ... nicholas
USA

October 14 2002

Posted - March 13 2003 :  11:28:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've seen it several times, and think it's a great film! I thought Brad Pitt, Bruce Willis and Madeline Stowe were all really good. I like it because of it's twisted originality, and interesting story, I didn't pay that much attention to Stowe's and Willis' chemistry but thought it was ok. It's a really twisted film like all of Terry Gilliam's(of Monty Python fame) works. It's probably my favorite of all his films, although I also enjoy "Time Bandits", "Brazil," and "The Adventures of Baron Von Munchausen." All equally enjoyably twisted.

YMHS,
Connecticut•Ranger
Thomas Thacher

report to moderator Go to Top of Page

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - March 14 2003 :  05:41:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Twisted?!? Indeed! Very unique film! I don't think it's for everybody, but I kinda liked it. It's well-crafted, if nothing else, and being somewhat twisted myself, it kinda stuck. Maddy, I thought, was "OK," but nothing outstanding ... kind of a flat role. I probably need to watch it again. Brad Pitt was outstanding. The "love thing" was sort of underplayed, wasn't it?

Ellie
Pioneer

mountain scene
United Kingdom

July 22 2002

Posted - March 14 2003 :  08:06:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
12 Monkeys is a good film, I thought it would do more for Stowe's career than I thought.

The next best Madeleine film (after LOTM) is definately Blink, there is a good chemistry going on with Aiden Quinn and Madeleine is in nearly every scene.
  Previous Topic: Skins released on DVD & VHS Topic Next Topic: The Four Feathers  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.25 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07