The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
7/1/2024 1:30:35 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Eric Schweig Alert!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: LOTM on fx Channel Topic Next Topic: Jodhi May  

vincent
Pioneer

Calvin
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 20 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 04 2003 :  4:21:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.tvguide.com/newsgossip/insider/020926c.asp

Was surfing the web and came across an Eric Scheig article. In Skins, Schweig plays a Sioux cop whose brother is dying from alcohol abuse. Did anybody get a chance to watch this?!? Just curious.
report to moderator

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - March 04 2003 :  8:11:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi, Vincent!

"Skins" was released back in September but unfortunately, it was not widely released; the city closest to me where the movie was shown was Washington, DC! Anybody else out there have a chance to catch this film???

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - April 21 2003 :  5:45:22 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Never got to see that film....I am sure it was good if Eric Schweig was in it.

Lurking Huron0901
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - May 07 2003 :  10:27:11 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi,

I have seen two recent movies of Eric Schweig, Big Eden and Skins.
I think both are very good films.

Although I love Uncas in LOTM, I think that Big Eden is probabily the best ES movie so far. It's a heart warming little film featuring great performances from a stellar ensemble cast. ES's performance stands out among the cast. He played Pike Dexter, a gay man, with such vulnerability and charm that you can't help but care about Pike and hope for brighter future in his life. ES's performance won him the Best Actor Award in the LA Outfest, which I think he richly deserved.

Skins is not tightly wrapped, but is dark and powerful in its own way. The script and some of the supporting acts need some improvement, but the lead performances by Eric Schweig and
Granham Green are great. The bond between the two brothers is convincing and is, in my opinion, the heart of this film.

I think Mr. Schweig is a very talented actor. His ability to use his eyes, facial experssions and body language so effectively in each role he plays is a pleasure to watch.

ConfusedOne
Pathfinder

Uncas2
USA

May 18 2003

Posted - May 20 2003 :  11:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Send ConfusedOne an AOL message  Send ConfusedOne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Vincent...i didn't get a chance to see it but i heard about it.
-Katie

vincent
Pioneer

Calvin
USA

May 20 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 25 2003 :  08:00:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Speaking of Big Eden, thought I recognized a very familiar Mohican face while channel surfing this morning - our very own Eric Schweig!!!

Sundance is showing Big Eden sproradically throughout this and next week. Check your local listings. Be forewarned of the interesting or relatively unorthodox story line!
  Previous Topic: LOTM on fx Channel Topic Next Topic: Jodhi May  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.17 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07