The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/6/2024 5:22:17 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 LOTM music in "Lord of the Rings"
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Why LOTM? Topic Next Topic: Acclimation of characters in modern day society  

sidony
Pioneer

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
June 21 2002

Posted - January 02 2003 :  05:35:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw "The Two Towers" recently, and there's a musical bit, repeated several times during the film, that reminded me of the opening theme of LOTM. It accompanies the scenes of the Orcs running. Has anyone else noticed this? I first noticed it in "Fellowship of the Ring", also in the scene of running Orcs, but I thought I was imagining things!
report to moderator

daire
Colonial Settler

USA

November 17 2002

Posted - January 02 2003 :  6:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I can't say it reminded me of LOTM, but I think I know what bit of music you're talking to. You can download the mp3 of both soundtracks, and that snippet (if I've got the right one) is in "The Council of Elrond" and "The Breaking of the Fellowship" - both on the FOTR soundtrack. I use WinMX to download mp3s http://www.winmx.com - but with the release of TTT, you may have to search a bit or try a few times to get one to d/l.

What I'm thinking of also played in the beginning when Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli are running across the mountains.

daire

Roxy
Pathfinder

Vampire
USA

December 08 2002

Posted - January 02 2003 :  6:52:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i think that maybe i know what youre talking about. i know what bit of music youre reffering to in LOTR, but when you say it sounds like the opening theme of LOTM, do you mean the very beginning of the opening theme? you know, when the drums and some other low insturment(maybe a basoon?)are playing?
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

sidony
Pioneer

June 21 2002

Posted - January 02 2003 :  8:51:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
In "Fellowship of the Rings", the music was playing when the Orcs were running through forrest- which also reminded me of the Indians in the forrest in the masacre scene of LOTM! It was around the time that Legolas and the others had left Lorien and were canoing down the river. In "Two Towers", the music seemed to be used whenever the Orc army was running. It was similar to the first opening notes of the LOTM theme- you know, when we first see the mist shrouded mountains.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

daire
Colonial Settler

USA

November 17 2002

Posted - January 03 2003 :  3:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, okay, now I think I know what you're talking about... kind of a few hard, forceful notes...?

If it is on the soundtrack(s), it's probably one of these tracks on FOTR: The Great River or Amon Hen (which is my guess, sounds like it's in the middle of the mp3 I have); or on TTT soundtrack, Uruk-hai or Isengard Unleashed.

Are we helping at all? LOL

daire
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.36 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07