The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 1:26:05 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 LOTM Stays in the Mind
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: The 25 Manliest Movies Ever Made Topic Next Topic: 20th aniversary original cut release  

BookwormMG
Deerslayer

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
August 12 2009

Donating Member

Posted - August 16 2009 :  8:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One day last week a colleague at work was handing out miniature chocolate bars from a candy jar. As he put the last one on the table he said, "last of the Mohicans." I said, "That's my favorite movie." Immediately he said, "If that kid had waited for the other two guys before going after the bad guy, he might not have been killed!"

We knew it was memorable!

"Glory, glory, hallelujah, welcome to the future!" -- Brad Paisley
report to moderator

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - August 16 2009 :  8:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
But it wouldn't have been the same movie, - or that "Last" Of The Mohicans.

you can keep "The Change"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 16 2009 :  9:15:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just the other day, a friend and I got into an email exchange in which we were adapting quotes from LOTM and inserting them into our conversation. It all started with me saying something about that reason that wears a striped skirt and works in the surgery, and is a lot better lookin' than you, ****!" It rolled from there. It was really quite amusing.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - August 16 2009 :  10:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Glad to see you got your stars back, BW!

Christina
Deerslayer

Vampire
USA

May 27 2002

Posted - August 17 2009 :  07:41:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christina's Homepage  Send Christina an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Last of the Mohican bits and pieces come up everywhere. A couple years ago I was at a store and as a girl walked out the front door, one of the workers yelled after her "Stay alive! I will find you!"

See this face? This is the face of a woman on the edge.
Whoopi Goldberg, "Jumping Jack Flash"

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 17 2009 :  6:46:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think that's why this web site has stayed up as long as it has ... "there's something about LOTM"! Wasn't that a movie?

BookwormMG
Deerslayer

USA

August 12 2009

Donating Member

Posted - August 17 2009 :  9:27:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
When my husband mentions an opponent of any sort (opposing counsel, a fellow fire company member who doesn't support his idea, whatever), he often adds, "He [she, they, it] will die in the forest!"

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 18 2009 :  12:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I like that! I need to remember that one!

I have named my TomTom GPS.... Magua. Because he shows me the way. I do, however, have to watch him very closely. He has tried to lead me down scary, dark, dirt paths, and I am quite certain he was trying to lead me into an ambush on a couple of occasions.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - August 18 2009 :  2:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
When My buddies, Timmy and Reeder and I have a flintlock shooting session (which is frequently!) at my cabin range in the mountains here, we always say before each shot, "40 more yards with this silk patch," no matter how far we are shooting--25 yards or up to 100 yards or more.

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - August 18 2009 :  2:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I always liked the "a breed apart and they make no sense". Very apropos. But my wife seems to take offense at it.

I have used "Hello boys!" on a website I maintain for our unit is SC. There is a picture of the Capt. standing on the ramparts at Martin's Station and it just seems to fit.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

BookwormMG
Deerslayer

USA

August 12 2009

Donating Member

Posted - August 18 2009 :  9:23:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nice photo, Fitz, and that phrase certainly does fit the situation.

Has anyone used "Just dropped in to see how you boys was doin'"? Seems like it might be appropriate when visiting an encampment that wasn't expecting you. (Or is that so unwise that it never happens?)

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 19 2009 :  09:21:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ah! Good one! I need to remember that one, too!

Several years ago at Fort Ti, we had a little situation happen when it was time to break camp and pack up to go home. It is our tradition that everyone pitches in and helps everyone else take down their personal tents and the regimental dining fly and kitchen tent. We just do it. Well, one family (soldier, wife and teen daughter) who weren't camping on-site just up and left.

It rather ticked the rest of the group off, including the wife of another member who was not involved with the re-enacting part of it. She was so ticked off, she became quite vocal about it. At one point, her level of indignation peaked as she boldly stated: "Here I am, not even a re-enactor, it's hotter than blazes and I am working my rear off helping! And they just up and go without so much as a by-your-leave!!!"

It has become one of your Regimental Legends.

Previous Topic: The 25 Manliest Movies Ever Made Topic Next Topic: 20th aniversary original cut release  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.36 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07